broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at stiffer springs cause when fully packed for overlanding, my SAS Badlands is too soft and too much squat.
Eibach pro lift spring is not an option: it’s a leveling kit which provides more lift in the front. I am looking to combat squat, not adding squat.
There must be an option out there?
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might need to go with a combination of Eibach spring AND a perch collar on the rear to increase the spring preload.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suppose you have a 2.7 as well, so you already have the stiffest factory springs. I love the way my 2.3/2dr feels with 2.7/4dr springs.

The perch collar idea should help.

Sponsored

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Eibach has a stiffer spring you can buy for this. I t will still provide the lift though. Maybe contact their customer service and see if they have any options.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm up against the same problem. And although perch collars would lift you the exact amount, there are two issues with them as I see it.

1) they're not changing your spring rate. By lifting the mounting base, yes your Bronco gains height, But your spring is still compressed, and therefore has lost some travel.

2) The whole argument of Purch collars was they are better than spacers because they did NOT change the geometry. In our case, that is a bad thing. Our Broncos are sitting lower than stock which means we have changed the geometry (For example my CVs and tie rods are horizontal). By way of their very existence, using a Purch collar would raise your Bronco, but leave your geometry squished.

Of course in the rear there really isn't any geometry, but in the front it's a different story.

My point, and the conclusion that I've come up with, is that the real fix, and really the only true fix is replace your suspension with adjustable coil overs.

The alternative, and luckily cheapest solution, would be to use spacers.

And like you, I was eyeballing the Eibach pro springs until someone installed them and they sagged really bad in the rear after loading up the cargo. From what I remember, someone said they were looking into some overland springs, so maybe just waiting until Eibach comes out with those.

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can always re drill the shock bolt hole on the axle and gain up to 2”s of lift and still have the same travel out of the shock.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's far too late now, but this comes back to the earlier assertions that Ford really effed up the multiple suspension options by not making the Hitachi suspension the overlanding/towing setup and the Bilstein suspensions the high-articulation crawling setup. At least then we could have made informed decisions around which trim we bought for our intended purpose.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am also on the hunt for a stiffer spring setup without going higher than the factory height. The problem I have encountered is not knowing what the factory springs are rated at. The springs themselves should be a standard configuration that either Eibach or Geiser make. Not knowing the factory spring rate makes it impossible to make a change. On my FJ the stock fronts were 500lb, I added and ARB bumper and winch and went up to a 650lb and it was perfect.

Sponsored

Ellis Family Garage

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands, '06 F150 FX4, '95 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stiffer springs always seem like a good choice. There needs to be some clarity, such as is the rid fully loaded all the time or is it just on trips, how much weight has been added. These are a few of the questions that need to be addressed. A local spring shop should be able help and guide you towards the correct set up. One problem with adding beefier springs to accommodate for heavier loads without up grading the shocks is the shock design itself. The valving in stock or aftermarket shocks are designed for certain type of operating range. By adding stiffer springs to stock shocks may get you the load capacity and ride height but the stock shocks weren't designed to deal with added load weight and the different spring rates. It then reduced ride quality so the trade is one issue for another. Shop around ask a lot of questions. Stiffer springs could be the a good solution but a suspension package designed for your application might be the correct answer.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stiffer springs always seem like a good choice. There needs to be some clarity, such as is the rid fully loaded all the time or is it just on trips, how much weight has been added. These are a few of the questions that need to be addressed. A local spring shop should be able help and guide you towards the correct set up. One problem with adding beefier springs to accommodate for heavier loads without up grading the shocks is the shock design itself. The valving in stock or aftermarket shocks are designed for certain type of operating range. By adding stiffer springs to stock shocks may get you the load capacity and ride height but the stock shocks weren't designed to deal with added load weight and the different spring rates. It then reduced ride quality so the trade is one issue for another. Shop around ask a lot of questions. Stiffer springs could be the a good solution but a suspension package designed for your application might be the correct answer.
As far as I know any of the aftermarket suspension like kings are designed for the Bronco itself, not for a 800 lbs cargo. So yes the spring would be adjustable and there would be about 2-3in lift, but the problem you describe remains. Unless the compression adjustment know solved that. Anyway that’s 6 thousand or more installed which is a ton of money versus $500 springs.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I contacted Eibach, they were developing stiffer springs for the Bronco but they halted the development.

Edit: they paused it due to production delays, they actually still plan to release those.
Good news

Last edited:

Overlander22

Badlands
First Name
jt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2wd/2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was leaning toward sumos but after hooking up trailer and driving I'm gonna have to mull it over some more. Sag wasn't as bad as expected (1 inch lower in rear, 1 inch higher in front) but the trailer weight throws the Bronco around (up and down) more than my previous tow vehicle. Gotta be the supple suspension on Badlands? Maybe stiffer springs are better that than sumos?

20230419_115411_resized.jpg
Sponsored