Sponsored

STIG says Wildtrak height is 2" higher than other trims Sasquatch?!

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So @618TRVLWILD and STIG say (per STIG measurement) that the Wildtrak and FE sit 2" higher than other Sasquatched Trims. See below quote from another thread.
This is impossible. Per FORD official specs, the Wildtrak is only 1.4" taller than a Badlands on 33s. So considering this, it can't be 2" taller than any trim on SAS with 35s.
Also, I am puzzled we still do not know the difference between the BL suspension and the SAS suspension. We know there is a 10mm bumpstop on the SAS and that it sits 0.4in (10mm) higher but we don't know how that's achieve. Stiffer spring is a speculation. We don't know how much work is needed to transform a Badlands with 33s into a SAS. That has prevented me from converting my order for now.

@618TRVLWILD we need your help here. Can STIG precisely measure height to bottom of door for:
- Badlands on 33s
- SAS any trim except FE and Wildtrak
- FE/Wildtrak

Said needed a tape measure to notice....like mentioned above I do think it's just the vehicles is lighter all around. The bumpers and such. Said still following up on it!

Screenshot_20210130-125358~2.png
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah - not buying it. Two inches higher than standard okay. Not buying Squatched.

Need parts lists to figure this out since Ford has confused it so much.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So @618TRVLWILD and STIG say (per STIG measurement) that the Wildtrak and FE sit 2" higher than other Sasquatched Trims. See below quote from another thread.
This is impossible. Per FORD official specs, the Wildtrak is only 1.4" taller than a Badlands on 33s. So considering this, it can't be 2" taller than any trim on SAS with 35s.
Also, I am puzzled we still do not know the difference between the BL suspension and the SAS suspension. We know there is a 10mm bumpstop on the SAS and that it sits 0.4in (10mm) higher but we don't know how that's achieve. Stiffer spring is a speculation. We don't know how much work is needed to transform a Badlands with 33s into a SAS. That has prevented me from converting my order for now.

@618TRVLWILD we need your help here. Can STIG precisely measure height to bottom of door for:
- Badlands on 33s
- SAS any trim except FE and Wildtrak
- FE/Wildtrak
Ford Bronco STIG says Wildtrak height is 2" higher than other trims Sasquatch?! Screenshot_20210130-125358~2
Hmm.. We need more info... this is almost too drastic of a departure from what we "know" to be accurate. I wonder if it's a mistype of some other variable (2-door without a top vs 4-door with a top).

This information doesn't pass the smell test.

We already believe there are "3 different" suspensions:

1. Base-OB
2. BL
3. WT, FE, Everything else that's squatched.

What if the screen capped image was meant to be read as:

"Wildtrak and First Edition sit 2" higher than Base, and then everything else gets lower. 3 different suspensions. [With] Different tires could probably have 6-8 different heights to the bottom door."

Basically meant to say "Base" but had Squatch on the mind... and the rest is just missing punctuation.

Too much of a reach?

Ford Bronco STIG says Wildtrak height is 2" higher than other trims Sasquatch?! VAvZ9

In any event... I'm subscribed!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm.. We need more info... this is almost too drastic of a departure from what we "know" to be accurate. I wonder if it's a mistype of some other variable (2-door without a top vs 4-door with a top).

This information doesn't pass the smell test.

We already believe there are "3 different" suspensions:

1. Base-OB
2. BL
3. WT, FE, Everything else that's squatched.

In any event... I'm subscribed!

Absolutely, I catched that buried in another (recent) thread that was discussing different things and thought it needed more attention even though I don't buy it either. We definitely need some follow up by STIG on this :)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My sources keep tellig me there is only two types of shock components for each bronco and bronco sport. So changes beyound that would be links and arms or frame mounts

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
My sources keep tellig me there is only two types of shock components for each bronco and bronco sport. So changes beyound that would be links and arms or frame mounts
That's a real possibility.
Jeep only used three shock models on the JK: base , sport s to Sahara, Rubicon Willys.

The Bronco has the wheel travel limiting factor of the IFS front suspension.
So a lift doesn't change total wheel travel.
Lifting increases up travel exactly proportionate to the loss of down travel.

Two sets of shocks, regular and Bilstein magnetic shocks, could cover everything.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who is ordering the WT, this would be sweet but I won’t hold my breath..
Sponsored