Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When will official driving impressions be released now that production has begun? Is the information still under embargo for some reason?
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When will official driving impressions be released now that production has begun? Is the information still under embargo for some reason?
When reviewers get Broncos to drive

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, there have been plenty of driving impressions posted from some of the Bronco events in west. Lots of video posted too. Are you looking for a car/truck magazine to do a review? If so, I'd have to imagine that those should be out soon.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I mean, there have been plenty of driving impressions posted from some of the Bronco events in west. Lots of video posted too. Are you looking for a car/truck magazine to do a review? If so, I'd have to imagine that those should be out soon.
Weren't most those "riding" impressions? I thought at almost all the events you couldn't drive? I could be completely wrong though.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weren't most those "riding" impressions? I thought at almost all the events you couldn't drive? I could be completely wrong though.
Some of those ride alongs gathered some insights from the drivers. Were they 100% objective? Did they lay out the negatives? We know the answers there.

Sponsored

jcl

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've only really seen Off-Road driving impressions. Glad we have those since it is the target use of this vehicle, but we all know greater than 99% of total miles driven in these things will be on paved roads.

I want to order one, but I won't do it until there are plenty of third party unbiased full reviews. Ideally, I'd like to drive one first but by the time I can get that arranged and then order, who knows how long it will be until I can actually get my own Bronco.

It just seems strange that the embargo is still up if regular people should be getting their cars very soon, hope they aren't hiding anything.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't even need them at this point. Unless someone values the opinion of a higher paid "journalist" to spout off Ford talking points. 🤷‍♂️

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don't even need them at this point. Unless someone values the opinion of a higher paid "journalist" to spout off Ford talking points. 🤷‍♂️
Honestly I would be wary of almost all reviews at first.

People praising it even if it is bad or flawed because they want to validate/justify their purpose.

People criticizing it even if it is good to get those click bait likes.

Either way we're going to have to likely wait 6 months for some solid believable answers.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've only really seen Off-Road driving impressions. Glad we have those since it is the target use of this vehicle, but we all know greater than 99% of total miles driven in these things will be on paved roads.

I want to order one, but I won't do it until there are plenty of third party unbiased full reviews. Ideally, I'd like to drive one first but by the time I can get that arranged and then order, who knows how long it will be until I can actually get my own Bronco.

It just seems strange that the embargo is still up if regular people should be getting their cars very soon, hope they aren't hiding anything.
They're awful and everybody should cancel their orders especially if they have a V6, MIC and Sasquatch.

Sponsored

jcl

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unbiased reviews? Those are nowhere to be found these days..
I'm talking about regular people driving delivered cars, and not Motor Trend or other YouTubers who clearly have access on the condition that the review is overall very positive.

I at least somewhat would trust the aggregate opinion of 10 small time YouTubers who got access to a Bronco a regular person owns, rather than what is said by the Bronco Nation types.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm looking forward to them if only for instrumented testing, especially acceleration and braking, between the various trim levels/engines. How much you gain by opting for the 2.7 or lose by 'squatchin has been conjecture at this point.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could care less about any reviews. I’ve owned various Jeeps over the years, as well as Fords, and with all that Ford has put into the Bronco and what’s riding on its success, I’m confident the vehicle will be great. And if you want to be more sure, go drive a Ranger as has been suggested and done by some forum members. But as for me, even as big a skeptic as I am, I was 100% sold last July.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's all clickbait now anyway whether positive or negative yet 99% of them leave off with some inconclusive quip to avoid being held accountable for a freaking opinion.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, I don't see the actual car magazines doing a lot of BS reviews; credibility is already in question and a bogus review of such a hot vehicle would be stupid and would actually hurt their business.

Sure, having a "relationship" with a manufacturer may mean something, but they have these relationships with all of them. No, you don't want to piss off Ford or Jeep, but you don't need to further alienate your readers either.

I'm also not so sure that the guys who write for MotorTrend get paid a lot these days, that business has been hit very hard over the past 20 years.

The YouTubers are more suspect in my opinion, but I do think there is insight to learn from the likes of TFL and Doug DeMiro as examples.

I personally don't care about the on road reviews. Yes, Broncos will mostly be driven on roads, but off road tires and the suspension will not be the best ride. Add a lift, and things will really get shaky. My concern is more around braking and they will likely be my first mod/upgrade.
Sponsored