Sponsored

Still No California Dealers Jumping in at Under Invoice Pricing ? ? ? ?

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There has already been some discussion of trying to coordinate a similar group buy deal among those in NorCal and the Bay area.

For me, it is highly unlikely any out of state dealer is going to offer enough of an incentive for me to go through the headache of bringing the vehicle into CA from out of state. Between making sure taxes are charged properly, registration and tags filed and completed properly, emissions, etc. it's just easier to buy from a CA dealer.
You can calculate the registration cost through the DMV website, you only pay the tax difference between the other state and CA, if in AZ for example they have a tons of added BS like we do in CA they all those fees are lost too because it's not counted like taxes.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with Natai, I don't even want to know what Cali would charge us in taxes and registration to bring in a brand new out state vehicle. Then we have to immediately pay taxes again once in cali.

Just a note - You will only pay the taxes from your state, that is the case with Iowa we do not charge them here..

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its funny have have now seen more dealers going to offer below invoice pricing like our friends in Iowa.

The California dealers act like there can only get a few Broncos and will not deal on them other then x-pricing.

If people just switch over pre-orders they are getting free sales just having the Bronco pass though the dealership.

I think there's just the handful of out-of-state dealers offering below invoice pricing. These dealers are betting on High Volume sales, for a probable big payday. There have been no California dealers (that I know of) that are using this business strategy! Additionally, CA charges an additional fee ($400, I think) to register a vehicle that was purchased from an out of state location, so the politicians in this state also try to protect and enable them.

I've said this many time's before: that I've called all around Southern California, and I've settled on the only dealer that I thought was being up front with me. The Manager that I talked to with was informative and straight forward about the Bronco, he listened to everything that I had to say, he confirmed all his commitments to me (nothing over MSRP, no ADM's, accept X Plan, and he offers a quality experience throughout the transaction), in a follow-up email. What the heck, regardless of where you buy, you can get your Ford serviced, ANYWHERE!

Anyhow, he committed to me, and I committed to him, by moving my reservation to his dealership. I was so pleased with the way that he handled himself, that I have bragged on him to others on this forum, and other Bronco forums, as I believe in promoting the people that deal with me in an honest manner... and in leaving other's in the dust.

I've said all this stuff, on this forum, before: don't just accept all the stupid shid that the other Inside Sales Agents and Internet Sales Agents are telling you… and I think I’ve heard it all: “were working to get MSRP for all of our loyal customers;” “my manager thinks the X Plan will be available;” “there is a strong possibility that Ford will include the ___ Plan, but they haven’t told us yet” (it’s actually up to the dealership, not Ford); and the always interesting “we haven’t decided yet, but my manager says that there’s a good possibility that…“

You gotta know that if you accept this kind of stuff, that: 1) your azz is hanging out, and you will be solely at their mercy after October 31 (the last date that you can change dealers). You need to get an agreement in writing from a Manager or Director at that dealership… or you’ve got NOTHING!

Even if you don’t qualify for Plan discounts, call this guy. Talk to this guy. Listen to his open and honest approach to selling you a Bronco. Ask for his commitment of anything that you agree on, in writing… and you will get it. I did, and many of my 30 or 40 forum friends have also switched their dealer to Eric at Kearny Mesa Ford.

I strongly recommend talking to Eric, and I include his contact information (below). Tell him I sent you, and maybe I'll get a free key chain!!!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:00
858-560-5544 ext 1013

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its funny have have now seen more dealers going to offer below invoice pricing like our friends in Iowa.

The California dealers act like there can only get a few Broncos and will not deal on them other then x-pricing.

If people just switch over pre-orders they are getting free sales just having the Bronco pass though the dealership.
Well, I'm definitely not a techie, as my recent (LONG) post has gone awry. Here it is, again.

I think there's just the handful of out-of-state dealers offering below invoice pricing. These dealers are betting on High Volume sales, for a probable big payday. There have been no California dealers (that I know of) that are using this business strategy! Additionally, CA charges an additional fee ($400, I think) to register a vehicle that was purchased from an out of state location, so the politicians in this state also try to protect and enable them.

I've said this many time's before: that I've called all around Southern California, and I've settled on the only dealer that I thought was being up front with me. The Manager that I talked to with was informative and straight forward about the Bronco, he listened to everything that I had to say, he confirmed all his commitments to me (nothing over MSRP, no ADM's, accept X Plan, and he offers a quality experience throughout the transaction), in a follow-up email. What the heck, regardless of where you buy, you can get your Ford serviced, ANYWHERE!

Anyhow, he committed to me, and I committed to him, by moving my reservation to his dealership. I was so pleased with the way that he handled himself, that I have bragged on him to others on this forum, and other Bronco forums, as I believe in promoting the people that deal with me in an honest manner... and in leaving other's in the dust.

I've said all this stuff, on this forum, before: don't just accept all the stupid shid that the other Inside Sales Agents and Internet Sales Agents are telling you… and I think I’ve heard it all: “were working to get MSRP for all of our loyal customers;” “my manager thinks the X Plan will be available;” “there is a strong possibility that Ford will include the ___ Plan, but they haven’t told us yet” (it’s actually up to the dealership, not Ford); and the always interesting “we haven’t decided yet, but my manager says that there’s a good possibility that…“

You gotta know that if you accept this kind of stuff, that: 1) your azz is hanging out, and you will be solely at their mercy after October 31 (the last date that you can change dealers). You need to get an agreement in writing from a Manager or Director at that dealership… or you’ve got NOTHING!

Even if you don’t qualify for Plan discounts, call this guy. Talk to this guy. Listen to his open and honest approach to selling you a Bronco. Ask for his commitment of anything that you agree on, in writing… and you will get it. I did, and many of my 30 or 40 forum friends have also switched their dealer to Eric at Kearny Mesa Ford.

I strongly recommend talking to Eric, and I include his contact information (below). Tell him I sent you, and maybe I'll get a free key chain!!!

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EricAtKearnyMesaFord - So that he is messaged on the board for it as well

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013

Sponsored

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the heads up @Granger Ford ! Thank you also, @acetdeucy ! @2fast4u has reached out to me before and it doesn't seem what I offer is in line with what he's looking for, but I appreciate the recommendations all the same! Jeff I hope you find the deal you've been working hard to locate, I'll try to stay out of your thread :censored:

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the heads up @Granger Ford ! Thank you also, @acetdeucy ! @2fast4u has reached out to me before and it doesn't seem what I offer is in line with what he's looking for, but I appreciate the recommendations all the same! Jeff I hope you find the deal you've been working hard to locate, I'll try to stay out of your thread :censored:

Eric has been great! and I think time is the dealership I'm looking to switching to. He has the best pricing in California right now and is a straight shooter!

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure. I was guessing that@2fast4u wasn't going to be a great match for you, as he's looking for something that isn't available, locally. If he does go out-of-state, I hope he will consider @Granger Ford, as I've communicated with "Albert" several times through the bronco6g forum... and I like him A LOT... well, not in a man likes a man way!!!

I really thought this might be a good time to just include my thoughts and comments about my experience(s) in finding and changing dealers, because I have been pandering to the California subsection at bronco6g, pretty exclusively.

So, if there is ANYONE out there, that might find my posts to reflect an honest perspective, I would encourage you to talk to Eric Bunch, at Kearny Mesa Ford in California (north of San Diego, CA) or Albert at Granger Ford in Iowa (Granger, IA, near Des Moines) as being the best/most forthright Dealer Manager's that I have found on these boards!!!

It has been my PLEASURE to discuss sales, business plans, and Bronco's, with both of you guys.

Dan

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eric has been great! and I think time is the dealership I'm looking to switching to. He has the best pricing in California right now and is a straight shooter!
Thank you for validating my perception of Eric. I hope others will embrace Eric, rather than to go down a bad path, after the October's deadline!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sure. I was guessing that@2fast4u wasn't going to be a great match for you, as he's looking for something that isn't available, locally. If he does go out-of-state, I hope he will consider @Granger Ford, as I've communicated with "Albert" several times through the bronco6g forum... and I like him A LOT... well, not in a man likes a man way!!!

I really thought this might be a good time to just include my thoughts and comments about my experience(s) in finding and changing dealers, because I have been pandering to the California subsection at bronco6g, pretty exclusively.

So, if there is ANYONE out there, that might find my posts to reflect an honest perspective, I would encourage you to talk to Eric Bunch, at Kearny Mesa Ford in California (north of San Diego, CA) or Albert at Granger Ford in Iowa (Granger, IA, near Des Moines) as being the best/most forthright Dealer Manager's that I have found on these boards!!!

It has been my PLEASURE to discuss sales, business plans, and Bronco's, with both of you guys.

Dan
Dan you are right.

right now my order is with Albert at Granger. They have been great! Looking at dealerships closer to home and the best I have found and someone I think I would like to work with is Eric at Kearny Mesa Ford. He has been great and I have sent people his way from here in California.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We buy a lot of Cars in our family so I have dealt with a lot of dealers/ford dealers and I can say right now the only guys I feel safe and good about dealing with is Albert and Eric(y)

I would like to thank both of them for there support of the forum and I will send many customers.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You only pay taxes once when you go to register and title the vehicle. There might be a smog check required but I haven’t confirmed that though.
True, kinda. I think that CA also requires an additional fee of $400 on a new vehicle that was bought out of state, to be registered in CA.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I'm definitely not a techie, as my recent (LONG) post has gone awry. Here it is, again.

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013
I'm really starting to consider this now.

I'm not really expecting anyone in CA to offer some amazing deal that's significantly under invoice. All I'm really looking for is a commitment to honor X-plan, no ADM, and some honest and reliable communication. Obviously, finding that nearby would be preferable - no need to spend a few hundred dollars on a trip to pick up my Bronco if it's not necessary - and I definitely want to stay in CA. (I realize that the end cost to bring in from out of state is essentially the same, but it's just not worth the headache for me with emissions, registration, plates, etc.)

I originally selected a nearby dealer (Future Ford of Sacramento) for my reservation, as another Future Ford dealership was listed here with X-plan and no ADM. A couple weeks after reserving I reached out to the dealership via their site and ended up in a text conversation with one of their internet sales reps; he stated (in very broken text language) no ADM and X-plan. A couple of weeks ago I got an update email from the dealership that repeated what we already know about the rough timeline. I took this as a good sign and also took the opportunity to reply and open up the lines of communication a bit.

I asked a couple of questions, tried to confirm what I had already been told, and mentioned that others were looking to possibly move their reservation if they could confirm. I got no response. Tried again with no response. Waited a week and forwarded the email to their general sales manager. After a week I still have no response.

This to me is a red flag - an unwillingness to even communicate via email. So despite what was originally promising, I'm really thinking about moving my reservation. Maybe a trip to San Diego is in my future.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs