Sponsored

Still No California Dealers Jumping in at Under Invoice Pricing ? ? ? ?

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm really starting to consider this now.

I'm not really expecting anyone in CA to offer some amazing deal that's significantly under invoice. All I'm really looking for is a commitment to honor X-plan, no ADM, and some honest and reliable communication. Obviously, finding that nearby would be preferable - no need to spend a few hundred dollars on a trip to pick up my Bronco if it's not necessary - and I definitely want to stay in CA. (I realize that the end cost to bring in from out of state is essentially the same, but it's just not worth the headache for me with emissions, registration, plates, etc.)

I originally selected a nearby dealer (Future Ford of Sacramento) for my reservation, as another Future Ford dealership was listed here with X-plan and no ADM. A couple weeks after reserving I reached out to the dealership via their site and ended up in a text conversation with one of their internet sales reps; he stated (in very broken text language) no ADM and X-plan. A couple of weeks ago I got an update email from the dealership that repeated what we already know about the rough timeline. I took this as a good sign and also took the opportunity to reply and open up the lines of communication a bit.

I asked a couple of questions, tried to confirm what I had already been told, and mentioned that others were looking to possibly move their reservation if they could confirm. I got no response. Tried again with no response. Waited a week and forwarded the email to their general sales manager. After a week I still have no response.

This to me is a red flag - an unwillingness to even communicate via email. So despite what was originally promising, I'm really thinking about moving my reservation. Maybe a trip to San Diego is in my future.
Luckily, I live in San Diego... There are still about six dealers closer to me than Kearny Mesa (Eric), but all I got was the kind of run-around that you describe.

I finally told myself to just quit all the crapola, and to choose the only one that presented himself in a straight-forward manner. It's done. I moved. I have a written commitment. I have no more worry about some salesman's discussion, being over ruled by his Manager. At KMF, Eric is a Manager!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Natai @2fast4u

I prefer that my commitments be in writing. I find it helps take the uncertainty and stress out of these situations. If you or anybody wants to chat, i'm at [email protected]. I'm in the office M-F, but am usually pretty good about responding on weekends also.

Doobs

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was curious about this as well and upon playing around with the calculator I saw no extra $400 fee.
I don’t think there is. I’ll check at AAA next time I’m there. Either way, I’m headed to Iowa for an epic trip! Plus I figure I’ll save close to $5k off MSRP all said and done.... before CA sales tax ?

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think there is. I’ll check at AAA next time I’m there. Either way, I’m headed to Iowa for an epic trip! Plus I figure I’ll save close to $5k off MSRP all said and done.... before CA sales tax ?
Whoa where are you getting 5k off MSRP from? Have I been doing my math wrong? If so Imma hitch a ride to Iowa with you from Cali too!

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might even switch to Sewell in texas for that free shipping.
That would be the way to go if Cali dealers won't 'deal', Invoice and X-Plan and free shipping to your door. I am so over Calif dealers and their snooty ways, bought my last 2 vehicles out of state and saved $$$

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whoa where are you getting 5k off MSRP from? Have I been doing my math wrong? If so Imma hitch a ride to Iowa with you from Cali too!
Well not quite $5k, I couldn’t remember my math from a previous post.

On a 4-door BD, invoice is about $1,400 below MSRP. X-Plan will save an additional $1,300. That is $2,700 under MSRP. Plus an additional savings of about 10% on the options, which could be another $500-800. I'm guessing I could save close to $4k vs MSRP

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with Natai, I don't even want to know what Cali would charge us in taxes and registration to bring in a brand new out state vehicle. Then we have to immediately pay taxes again once in cali.
I have done this twice. If you pay sales tax in the state of purchase then you will owe the difference between that and your home county tax rate, or, as in the case of Granger you will owe the entire sales tax based on your tax rate. Registration and Tags will be the same as if you bought it in Calif. Seeing as every car made in the US is 50 state complaint all you need is the smog inspection. It was one trip to DMV for everything (drive in the purchased vehicle for VIN check), then the smog check (if required in your location).

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have done this twice. If you pay sales tax in the state of purchase then you will owe the difference between that and your home county tax rate, or, as in the case of Granger you will owe the entire sales tax based on your tax rate. Registration and Tags will be the same as if you bought it in Calif. Seeing as every car made in the US is 50 state complaint all you need is the smog inspection. It was one trip to DMV for everything (drive in the purchased vehicle for VIN check), then the smog check (if required in your location).
Thanks for clarifying! As I expected and still worth the trip. :)

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well not quite $5k, I couldn’t remember my math from a previous post.

On a 4-door BD, invoice is about $1,400 below MSRP. X-Plan will save an additional $1,300. That is $2,700 under MSRP. Plus an additional savings of about 10% on the options, which could be another $500-800. I'm guessing I could save close to $4k vs MSRP
Hey Jon,

I hope you're right, but I'm pretty sure that the X Plan allows that a Badlands will have a total savings of about $1400 less than MSRP, to a number that's near Invoice (savings from X Plan, plus $275 Ford required fee to document an X Plan purchase, equals something closer to $1100, total). On the Badlands model (I plan to order a 2-door Badlands, but who knows what I will do), this X Plan savings will put it just a few dollars over Invoice. I know you are right about the extras giving some additional savings... so, if you add on a lot of extras, you might be able to get to a total savings (off of MSRP) of just less than $2k.

Dan

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Jon,

I hope you're right, but I'm pretty sure that the X Plan allows that a Badlands will have a total savings of about $1400 less than MSRP, to a number that's near Invoice (savings from X Plan, plus $275 Ford required fee to document an X Plan purchase, equals something closer to $1100, total). On the Badlands model (I plan to order a 2-door Badlands, but who knows what I will do), this X Plan savings will put it just a few dollars over Invoice. I know you are right about the extras giving some additional savings... so, if you add on a lot of extras, you might be able to get to a total savings (off of MSRP) of just less than $2k.

Dan
I’m getting a Black Diamond. Granger is giving folks with X Plan and ADDITIONAL $1,300 under invoice.

I understand you’d like people to go to Kearny Mesa. But I’m set on Granger and understand the costs and savings with my choice.

Appreciate you looking out for fellow forum members though.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting a Black Diamond. Granger is giving folks with X Plan and ADDITIONAL $1,300 under invoice.

I understand you’d like people to go to Kearny Mesa. But I’m set on Granger and understand the costs and savings with my choice.

Appreciate you looking out for fellow forum members though.
Yes. That's true. I think Granger is the best Volume Dealer out there.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. I bought 100 when they were at $4 a share and 400 more at $4.79. Some get hesitant to spend that money to receive a discount and I get it...but you can get way more in return.?? CEO Farley ?? already has good vision and movement for Fords future.
I like to do the same stuff. With the Covid stuff, and closed plants, Ford stock was down to $4.00, from about $9.00. It is currently about $6.90 and it will go back. So, why not make the small investment of about $700 to buy a stock that will likely get back to about $9.00, plus pick up a few dividends along the way.

If you do the the Mustang Club, you're just paying to get an X Plan... if you buy stock, your getting paid to get a X Plan.

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How much stock do you need to buy? How many xplans do you get as a stock holder?
Sponsored