Sponsored

Still No California Dealers Jumping in at Under Invoice Pricing ? ? ? ?

MacFly

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Macfly what dealer are you using in cali? Im using Raceway for now, but might switch Galpin Ford. It depends if either one will compete for reservations. For now i know both are honoring Xplan. Might even switch to Sewell in texas for that free shipping.
I’m using Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego.

I’ve gotten a written commitment that I’m happy with.
Sponsored

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm planning to switch dealers. My dealer doesn't seem to know what they're doing. They said that they aren't going to do any ADM, but the Sales Rep didn't know about x-plan pricing. I'm just waiting to see if some dealer close to SoCal will step up like Granger Ford. Unfortunately, the 1700+ miles to Granger Ford is a bit to much for me, even if I was to use shipping, that would eat up any savings under the x-plan pricing.
The dealers know that once you pay for shipping (or go and pick it up) that pretty much all saving will be erased, so why bother? I see the same issue here in CO with some of the dealers and since a lot of them belong to one big dealer group or another you don't find any savings or very little between stores. Very few independent dealers here.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dealers know that once you pay for shipping (or go and pick it up) that pretty much all saving will be erased, so why bother? I see the same issue here in CO with some of the dealers and since a lot of them belong to one big dealer group or another you don't find any savings or very little between stores. Very few independent dealers here.
I picked up some stock and I'm going to just go the Xplan pricing route. There are better deals out there but those dealers will have more volume which I"m sure means better pricing from ford. I dont think the dealers that have less reservations would even be able to match without losing money.

Good point on the shipping and if I were a smaller dealer I'd be using that excuse as well to try and get the best price as possible.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Considering the CA dealers probably pay triple or more what some flyover dealer does for their real estate I would expect them to charge more for the vehicles as well

The cost of the trucks from ford is fixed, but the rest of the costs are not the same across the country

MacFly

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I picked up some stock and I'm going to just go the Xplan pricing route. There are better deals out there but those dealers will have more volume which I"m sure means better pricing from ford. I dont think the dealers that have less reservations would even be able to match without losing money.

Good point on the shipping and if I were a smaller dealer I'd be using that excuse as well to try and get the best price as possible.
How much stock do we need to buy to qualify?

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not bad, but what kind of X plan discount do you get? $700 in stock in exchange for...?
Mmm not sure the question.

I think there is only one X Plan. (Vendors, friends and family, mustang club, shareholders, etc)

Couple threads on the nuances of it. Essentially, invoice with capped fees.

MacFly

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mmm not sure the question.

I think there is only one X Plan. (Vendors, friends and family, mustang club, shareholders, etc)

Couple threads on the nuances of it. Essentially, invoice with capped fees.
Sorry, this is my first Ford and don't know what type of discount is associated with X plans.

You're spending $700+ on the stock in hopes of getting a decent discount.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry, this is my first Ford and don't know what type of discount is associated with X plans.

You do not need to buy any stock. Go to Mustang Club of America site. Join for a nominal fee and within 2 months (don't stall) you are eligible for X-Plan pricing discount.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah. It’s basically Ford’s “friends and family” discount plan. It’s pretty good, disclaimer, I’ve never used it.

Some people are just plunking down $25 and joining Mustang Club of America. Two months of membership gets you the X plan pin.

No haggle pricing and hidden fees. Not sure if you have to worry about dealer add ons like laser etching or rust proofing.

Two dealers on the forum have said they’d take your X Plan pin and give you an additional $1,300 off.

Everyone is trying to get their local dealers to do something similar in these “group” buys.

MacFly

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You do not need to buy any stock. Go to Mustang Club of America site. Join for a nominal fee and within 2 months (don't stall) you are eligible for X-Plan pricing discount.
Sweet, thank you!

Can it be the minimum 1yr at $25 membership?

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not bad, but what kind of X plan discount do you get? $700 in stock in exchange for...?
You can also sell all your stock after your purchase and benefit from Fords massive gains per share for their quarterly return on the Bronco sales. Xplan discount your $700 back plus your share profit... sounds like smart business to me.
Sponsored