Sponsored

Stinger Sub Box with a JL Audio 12TW3? Will it fit?

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The MTI sub box is pretty much impossible to get here in Canada and their shipping is more than half the cost of the box if I buy it direct.
The Stinger is available here but since the rest of my system is JL I'd like to know if anyone has installed a JL 12TW3 into the stinger box.
Also how bad/good is the Phoenix Gold sub that comes in the box?
Appreciate any input or suggestions.
Sponsored

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s a guy on eBay selling tailgate sub boxes for the bronco.. looks like he has multiple sizes and a box specifically for JL Tw3

Reactions: Biz
OP
OP
Biz

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There’s a guy on eBay selling tailgate sub boxes for the bronco.. looks like he has multiple sizes and a box specifically for JL Tw3
Found him thanks!

Sponsored

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it will fit in the stinger box FYI. the stock sub that comes with isn't terrible, but not on same level as JL.

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW I had the stinger box modified to fit the JL TW3 before I realized JL doesn’t make a durable speaker grille for it. The only one they have is a soft mesh that sticks out a lot further than the Phoenix Gold grille does. I guess it’s minor but something to consider. I ended up switching back to the standard setup.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats my guy who built my box. He used my Bronco for the template. He does some badass work.
Thanks for confirming. Figured adding his name to the thread might benefit others finding this thread to save them from searching for rando ebay sellers. :)
This short thread has opened my eyes to other options - also wasn't aware that MTI made such nice stuff. Having a Bronco vs Waiting for a Bronco is hands-down the better place to be but if there's a silver lining from these last almost 3 years it's been the opportunity to go to school and learn from everyone else.

OP
OP
Biz

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for confirming. Figured adding his name to the thread might benefit others finding this thread to save them from searching for rando ebay sellers. :)
This short thread has opened my eyes to other options - also wasn't aware that MTI made such nice stuff. Having a Bronco vs Waiting for a Bronco is hands-down the better place to be but if there's a silver lining from these last almost 3 years it's been the opportunity to go to school and learn from everyone else.
The MTI box would be my first choice hands down if it was available to me. They're a smaller company that makes quality parts. It just amazes me in a Country of 40 million people they have no distributors.
I've been in contact with the jeep box guy and he's making me a custom 12" for the JL. Thanks again guys!!!

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The MTI box would be my first choice hands down if it was available to me. They're a smaller company that makes quality parts. It just amazes me in a Country of 40 million people they have no distributors.
I've been in contact with the jeep box guy and he's making me a custom 12" for the JL. Thanks again guys!!!
His name is Vic. Hes 1 guy working out of a shop at his house. Doesnt get much smaller that that haha.

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
to answer this question, i can confirm the 12tw3 will fit. the 12tw1 will *not* fit.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope, it won't. Returned it and got a Rockford Fosgate, fit just fine.

Ford Bronco Stinger Sub Box with a JL Audio 12TW3? Will it fit? 20230408_124354

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope, it won't. Returned it and got a Rockford Fosgate, fit just fine.

Ford Bronco Stinger Sub Box with a JL Audio 12TW3? Will it fit? 20230408_124354
To be fair, it does fit, your opening however was snug on the basket and you didn't want to shave it. Depth wise there is plenty of space for the TW3 and it may require minimal effort depending upon tolerances. The TW1 however is too deep to fit.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To be fair, it does fit, your opening however was snug on the basket and you didn't want to shave it. Depth wise there is plenty of space for the TW3 and it may require minimal effort depending upon tolerances. The TW1 however is too deep to fit.
It did not fit, without modifying the box. I didn't want to do that, maybe others do. The screw holes wouldn't have lined up either.

Anything will "fit" if you modify it.
Sponsored