Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can't wait to see all of the threads about owners bitching and whining that their tuned Bronco grenaded the transmission and Ford won't warranty it. All these geniuses think they will just uninstall the tune and take it to the dealer claiming they were just driving 5 under on the way to church and it just 'broke'.

Deleted member 12876

Can't wait to see all of the threads about owners bitching and whining that their tuned Bronco grenaded the transmission and Ford won't warranty it. All these geniuses think they will just uninstall the tune and take it to the dealer claiming they were just driving 5 under on the way to church and it just 'broke'.
Don’t understand why Ford went 10R60 when the 10R80 would match up better in regards of off road performance

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A non-issue... Nobody tuning their truck is gonna give a shit about the transmission. The transmission will be fine.
As a bonus, a 2.3 tune will likely keep max torque under the rating of 415Lbs, cost $2k less and still get better mileage.
I had a Buick GS, 6 MT which was delivered detuned to keep the transmission "safe". I ran a Trifecta tune in it that made HUGE gains... 2nd gear roll-one's would just light 'em up. No-lift shifts and I flogged that thing...
No issues. 🤷🏻
Hell, Ford themselves offer warrantied tunes, so....

combatninja

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The 10R60 is rated for 424 lb-ft when paired with the 2.7. The truck is close enough in stock form to what the engineers are comfortable with, which I'm sure is a bit over the 'official' output rating. That said, guys tuning theses things to the outer limits of the stock turbos are going to break stuff. Upgrade the turbos and it will be game over for the transmission.

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure the transmissions will be fine even with a tune... it's these turbo's I'm apprehensive about long-term. Any increase in boost with the tunes results in higher temps... catalytic converters and turbos are often the victims of ECU tunes.
Sponsored