Sponsored

Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos?

Nicoscout

Black Diamond
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love my Generals! Was worried more so about rain slick roads in the stock all terrain but they have been great so far. I think they look awesome on the two doors! Going to wear these down then go to 33s but for the price not bad.;)
Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? blkdiamond
;)
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which are which ?
If you can’t tell which tires are 3” bigger then I wouldn’t spend 2k on bigger tires. Top one is non stock

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since you're asking about the stock Grabbers and the optional BD rims on a 4-door, I'll chime in...

The tires are plenty good. They look tough, they drive great on the road, and as others have mentioned, they're decent off road. As for the optional wheels, I think they look great, which is why we paid the extra grand for them.

Now... As to the question of tire size. Of course it's subjective, but taken individually, the Bronco looks fine with these tires. I even saw my wife on the road the other day, coming the other direction in our Bronco, and I thought, "That looks pretty good!"

Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? tempImage2F7D4s
Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? tempImageMIr0Yv
Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? tempImageauymoj

The only time they look a little dinky is when you're looking directly at the side view. In that situation, you can't help thinking, "Man, those wheel wells are pretty damn big..."

Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? tempImage1XDTqo

But the biggest problem is when you see a Sasquatch-equipped Bronco nearby, and you realize just how much better it could look! Even my wife has fallen into this, when she's watched a Sas go by, and she thought maybe we should up-size those tires. But so far, she hasn't been able to justify spending that $1800 or so. (And the more miles we put on the Grabbers, the less likely we'd be able to get anything for them).

Here's what it looks like compared to a Wildtrak... 😬

Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? BA7F72B4-D51E-43CD-B1FB-889A69A9B251

So, we may or may not end up swapping out these tires for something bigger before they're used up. But if we do wear these out, we will definitely throw on some 285/75-17's. We'll keep the stock rims, though, because they really do look nice!

Good luck with your decision. I should add... If you decide the OEM Grabbers work for you, and you are totally fine with the size, you'll have an endless supply of brand new OEM take-offs at your disposal for super cheap. There's always someone here who is replacing theirs right out of the showroom!

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you can’t tell which tires are 3” bigger then I wouldn’t spend 2k on bigger tires. Top one is non stock
If I tried to look at them not in the blazing sun today it would have been much easier. What size are top tires ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since you're asking about the stock Grabbers and the optional BD rims on a 4-door, I'll chime in...

The tires are plenty good. They look tough, they drive great on the road, and as others have mentioned, they're decent off road. As for the optional wheels, I think they look great, which is why we paid the extra grand for them.

Now... As to the question of tire size. Of course it's subjective, but taken individually, the Bronco looks fine with these tires. I even saw my wife on the road the other day, coming the other direction in our Bronco, and I thought, "That looks pretty good!"

Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? BA7F72B4-D51E-43CD-B1FB-889A69A9B251

The only time they look a little dinky is when you're looking directly at the side view. In that situation, you can't help thinking, "Man, those wheel wells are pretty damn big..."

But the biggest problem is when you see a Sasquatch-equipped Bronco nearby, and you realize just how much better it could look! Even my wife has fallen into this, when she's watched a Sas go by, and she thought maybe we should up-size those tires. But so far, she hasn't been able to justify spending that $1800 or so. (And the more miles we put on the Grabbers, the less likely we'd be able to get anything for them).

So, we may or may not end up swapping out these tires for something bigger before they're used up. But if we do wear these out, we will definitely throw on some 285/75-17's. We'll keep the stock rims, though, because they really do look nice!

Good luck with your decision. I should add... If you decide the OEM Grabbers work for you, and you are totally fine with the size, you'll have an endless supply of brand new OEM take-offs at your disposal for super cheap. There's always someone here who is replacing theirs right out of the showroom!
Ya you can tel for sure when look at the straight on side angle. However, not bad from other angles

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

tempImage2F7D4s.png
tempImageMIr0Yv.png
tempImageauymoj.png

tempImage1XDTqo.png

BA7F72B4-D51E-43CD-B1FB-889A69A9B251.jpeg

If I tried to look at them not in the blazing sun today it would have been much easier. What size are top tires ?
315/70/17

IDAbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't comment on how they look on the bronco in person as I've only seen pictures of the BD with the grabbers thus far.

But I can comment on the performance of the tires as I have a set of 33x12.5 Grabbers on my F150...
For daily driving/pavement they do really good, not great, but close. IMO they have great stability on corners and at highway speeds (75-85 mph). They are pretty quiet for what they are at almost all speeds until you hit around 75 mph, then you can definitely hear them. For daily driving I much prefer them over my old Toyo Open Country's.
Overall I'd give them a 7.5/10 for typical daily driving on an off-road tire.

The Grabbers do well in the rain.... although they do like to slip/spin when starting from a stop if you get on it at all. I also assume some of that is due to the fact that the back end of the truck is so light when the bed is empty. Overall I'd give them a 6.5/10 for wet performance.

As for snow and ice... this was one of the main reasons why picked the Grabbers over the Open Country's and the Wildpeaks (both of which I have had). Everything I researched said these would be great for winter driving. And let me tell you... they were right. For a non-dedicated winter tire these are great. I have had zero issues with these in the snow. They do great in fresh deep snow and really never stop gripping and same with compacted snow. Even on ice they do a great job at holding on. Even if you start to slip, they eventually find their grip and off you go. Literally one of the best snow/ice tires I have had for off-road tires. Overall I'd give them a 9/10 for snow/ice performance.

Now for off-road... I honestly thought these would be just OKAY off-road and nothing to write home about. I loved my Open Country's off-road performance and thought the Wildpeaks were decent. After a few off-roading endeavors (combination of dirt trails with moderate at most obstacles, water crossings, sand dunes, heavy and deep mud) I must say I was really impressed. They held their own and my F-150 easily lumbered it's way anywhere my buddies' Wranglers and Gladiators went. I can't comment on rock crawling or anything super advanced, but for what 90% of people do I must say they did great. And the fact that I could hit the highway on either side of the trail and still be happy with the performance of the tires definitely made the trips that much better. Overall I'd give them a solid 7/10 for off-road performance.

Either way, I think you will be happy with the performance of them most, if not all, of the time. As for looks, that 100% depends on the individual. I think they look great on a 2dr, and just fine on a 4dr. I initially had ordered a BD non-squatch because I really wanted that good winter tire performance of the grabbers too. But I did eventually switch to the Squatch simply because I thought it looked way better on the 4dr (plus the obvious performace upgrades).

In the end I think you'll be happy with the Grabbers performance.

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't comment on how they look on the bronco in person as I've only seen pictures of the BD with the grabbers thus far.

But I can comment on the performance of the tires as I have a set of 33x12.5 Grabbers on my F150...
For daily driving/pavement they do really good, not great, but close. IMO they have great stability on corners and at highway speeds (75-85 mph). They are pretty quiet for what they are at almost all speeds until you hit around 75 mph, then you can definitely hear them. For daily driving I much prefer them over my old Toyo Open Country's.
Overall I'd give them a 7.5/10 for typical daily driving on an off-road tire.

The Grabbers do well in the rain.... although they do like to slip/spin when starting from a stop if you get on it at all. I also assume some of that is due to the fact that the back end of the truck is so light when the bed is empty. Overall I'd give them a 6.5/10 for wet performance.

As for snow and ice... this was one of the main reasons why picked the Grabbers over the Open Country's and the Wildpeaks (both of which I have had). Everything I researched said these would be great for winter driving. And let me tell you... they were right. For a non-dedicated winter tire these are great. I have had zero issues with these in the snow. They do great in fresh deep snow and really never stop gripping and same with compacted snow. Even on ice they do a great job at holding on. Even if you start to slip, they eventually find their grip and off you go. Literally one of the best snow/ice tires I have had for off-road tires. Overall I'd give them a 9/10 for snow/ice performance.

Now for off-road... I honestly thought these would be just OKAY off-road and nothing to write home about. I loved my Open Country's off-road performance and thought the Wildpeaks were decent. After a few off-roading endeavors (combination of dirt trails with moderate at most obstacles, water crossings, sand dunes, heavy and deep mud) I must say I was really impressed. They held their own and my F-150 easily lumbered it's way anywhere my buddies' Wranglers and Gladiators went. I can't comment on rock crawling or anything super advanced, but for what 90% of people do I must say they did great. And the fact that I could hit the highway on either side of the trail and still be happy with the performance of the tires definitely made the trips that much better. Overall I'd give them a solid 7/10 for off-road performance.

Either way, I think you will be happy with the performance of them most, if not all, of the time. As for looks, that 100% depends on the individual. I think they look great on a 2dr, and just fine on a 4dr. I initially had ordered a BD non-squatch because I really wanted that good winter tire performance of the grabbers too. But I did eventually switch to the Squatch simply because I thought it looked way better on the 4dr (plus the obvious performace upgrades).

In the end I think you'll be happy with the Grabbers performance.
Great review of the tires. Thank you

Sponsored

Hulk23

Black Diamond
First Name
Ding
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door Ford Bronco EG, Scion TC, Triumph Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have just opened a thread askingfor photos of this tires on standard badlands rims.
Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? IMG_4452
They are quiet on road, I hear more wind noise of the mic top than road noise. They don’t look bad on
2doors.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Late to the thread but im happy with the grabbers on my BD after 12k miles. Went with the black steel wheels thinking I would cry less when I scratch one vs a big gouge in an alloy and having rubbed one pretty good on a rock im glad I did. I have zero complaints on the performance of the tires themselves in any condition or road surface even moderate rock crawling they do good when aired down. Thick mud seems to be their only weakness. I will say that when one goes flat (big pointed piece of gravel that probably would have taken out a Kevlar tire) the steel wheel and tire combo is a chore to get back on the tailgate when flat, only time I have wished for alloy wheels lol. I do plan on upgrading to a 33” tire at some point and would not mind staying with the general grabber when I do. As for looks to me they look good in person but always look too small for the bronco in pictures.
Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? IMG_4160

the offending rock

Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? IMG_4164

Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond Grabber tires with optional factory rims - feedback / photos? IMG_4170
Sponsored