Sponsored

Stock black diamond w/aftermarket wheels/tires, BD Sasquatch, or BadSquatch?

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think your numbers are off on the base because auto is standard on the 4dr. So the price of the 2.7 upgrade should be $1,900 not $3,500.
Auto yes, but the 2.7 is not....you can go auto with a 2.3 for $1600
Sponsored

Fiestafan

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Auto yes, but the 2.7 is not....you can go auto with a 2.3 for $1600
No the auto is standard in the 4 dr - you don’t pay an additional $1600 to add it to the 2.3. That’s why you only pay $1900 to upgrade to the 2.7.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because all of the raptor guys with heavier trucks and 10 speed transmissions with a 4.10’s are having so many issues with their trucks on 37’s and 40’s. Some have hunting issues, but when they get a tune those issues go away. I’m going to be surprised going from a large, heavy, and slow 6.2L V8 to forced induction with more usable torque in the lower RPM range. 4.46 is going to be more than fine.

Also, gears are cheap. If 4.46 isn’t enough I’ll throw on 5.13’s and be done. Or upgrade the turbos to add more power.

The fact you describe your raptor as slow proves my point. People with too high of gears complain about lack of power, when there's plenty, and transmission hunting for gears. It's your vehicle, run what you want. Having regeared several vehicles, I prefer to start as low a possible. I prefer my power on the low end though, as I really don't care about top end performance. My Bronco won't be an interstate cruiser.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fact you describe your raptor as slow proves my point. People with too high of gears complain about lack of power, when there's plenty, and transmission hunting for gears. It's your vehicle, run what you want. Having regeared several vehicles, I prefer to start as low a possible. I prefer my power on the low end though, as I really don't care about top end performance. My Bronco won't be an interstate cruiser.
Yes, everybody that had a Gen 1 knew it was underpowered and undergeared. Yet it’s still extremely driveable and it’s been fine in the dirt since I’ve owned it for the past 7 years. The Gen 2, with the 10 speed and EcoBoost, like the Bronco, has very few complaints about lack of power/torque and being in the powerband.

I fully expect the Bronco to be similar in this regard to the Gen 2 Raptor.
Sponsored