Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping someone here will clear this up. The one that raced was not put together on the assembly line, so that's not as if this win validates the build quality of anything we are going to receive. It has a safety cage, which I can understand is a requirement for the race, but that takes this vehicle even further from anything I'd consider stock. I've also seen upstream in this thread a reference to a different suspension than stock Badlands, but I have not tried to confirm which is the case.

I'm not trying to diminish this victory. It's a great win for Ford, and an awesome showing for a vehicle I am looking forward to having in my driveway in July (BL 2.7 w/33s). I'm just trying to figure out how much of the racing truck I'm actually getting.
The roll cage doesn't add any capability to the truck beyond making it safer in a roll over. It could be argued the cage stiffens the frame preventing frame damage but the images of the stock frame make it look beefy. I dont think this is a concern.
The suspension was stock. This was a close to a stock bronco as you can get and be legal to race.
You can yank your seats, get recardo front seats, harness, and roll cage installed in your bronco.
Sponsored

IamtheBruce

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The roll cage doesn't add any capability to the truck beyond making it safer in a roll over. It could be argued the cage stiffens the frame preventing frame damage but the images of the stock frame make it look beefy. I dont think this is a concern.
The suspension was stock. This was a close to a stock bronco as you can get and be legal to race.
You can yank your seats, get recardo front seats, harness, and roll cage installed in your bronco.
Colintrax, that's great news. Glad to hear it.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this is awesome! Too bad Im not a youngster anymore! I used to race desert on motorcycles back in the day! Now I hope I just live long enough to get get my new Bronco! I did have an old VW that we cut up and put a fiberglass baja kit on. I plan on using mine to go 4 wheeling in the back country of northern Idaho hunting and fishing for retirement. congrats to ford crew!

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And that factory spare stayed on for 5 days of racing. Think of the jumps and bumps that thing took.

There were doubters on that spare staying on without extra support...I think this proves that all will be fine with the spare back there.
The worry, from pretty much every bronco before, is how that 'hinged corner" holds up with no (or soft) top, and the weight hanging off it when open (after 10-15 years).

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh come on kids
The worry, from pretty much every bronco before, is how that 'hinged corner" holds up with no (or soft) top, and the weight hanging off it when open (after 10-15 years).

JB weld, Duct Tape, Bailing Wire the old standards for fixes for years

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently the number of cupholders wasn't as big an issue as people here have made it out to be, even on such a long trip ;)

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just trying to figure out how much of the racing truck I'm actually getting.
[/QUOTE]
Has anyone confirmed that this rig had the 10R60 transmission?

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs