First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering, are these " Dana 44 AdvanTEK M220 rear axle and M210 independent front suspension with Spicer Performa-Trak electronic lockers. " what come on the stock Badlands or are they different then what a cutomer would get with his badlands order? I'm not super knowledgeable on axel and locker stuff like this. If this is what a Bad Land gets I will deffinately make my self smarter with some research on it. Thanks in advance.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well like you said itā€™s practically the same truck so I bet they would have similar times.

The only thing that really separates any of the trim Broncos is the BL with the disconnect sway bar. The rest is cosmetics and creature comforts when you add SAS.
I was thinking non SASQ, for research purposes šŸ˜¬

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking non SASQ, for research purposes šŸ˜¬
Ahhh

Really? Because the OG Bronco actually won the competition it was built for...
Bro youā€™re talking about two waaaayy different eras.
If the Bronco competed in a fully stock class you could make that comparison a bit more but vehicles these days designed for desert racing are called trophy trucks and arenā€™t anything remotely close to a mass production vehicle. šŸŽā€™s tošŸŠā€™s

Sponsored

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you really call it a fully stock, production vehicle if you havenā€™t actually sold any vehicles yet?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really? Because the OG Bronco actually won the competition it was built for...
Back when the OG won, Ford had gotten Rod Hall to drive it because Hall won in every vehicle he drove. Hall has tons of records, and not just in the Bronco. Plus he was still racing up until recently when he passed away.šŸ˜„

Unlike the late 60s, this 5-day race was mostly professional drivers in high-tech sand rails, side-by-sides, and $300k highly-modified trucks, baja bugs, and dune buggies.

The Bronco, on the other hand, was a stock Badlands with two engineers doing all the driving, except for one part of the first day, when they let Brad Lovell drive it.

So it is a HUGE deal.

TheObiJuan

Wildtrak
First Name
J.M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do people still not understand that Wildtrak is just squatch+2.7 with an appearance package?
And the Badlands is just a lesser Squatch with a swaybar disconnect.

Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a great job: Ford Engineers, working on a cool toy, modifying it with someone else's money, and then racing it. And they get paid!

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting comment from Ford Engineer about running race in Baja GOAT mode: ā€œWe had some stretches of hard-packed roads that were made for Bronco, topping 100 mph in some of the dry lake beds,ā€ said Groves. ā€œBaja mode was especially helpful in this terrain. It keeps shift points at just the right rpm to keep the turbos spooled up so power is there when you need it and brakes are more aggressive to slow quickly for rough terrain.ā€

I did not know that brake response is is one of the features adjusted based on the GOAT Mode?

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a great job: Ford Engineers, working on a cool toy, modifying it with someone else's money, and then racing it. And they get paid!
Which modifications are you referring to? I was under the impression that the only changes made were to adhere to safety regulations of the sanctioning body, outside of the upgraded air filter. Maybe Iā€™m just lost