Sponsored

Stock Sasquatch Territory M/T vs. Wildpeak M/T in Snow and Noise?

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Thinking of putting Wildpeak MTs on my wife’s Bronco. Current running the stock 315/70/17 Territory MTs. Has anyone directly compared the two (specifically the Bronco version of this tire) in snow and road noise?
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thinking of putting Wildpeak MTs on my wife’s Bronco. Current running the stock 315/70/17 Territory MTs. Has anyone directly compared the two (specifically the Bronco version of this tire) in snow and road noise?
Go with BFG K02s instead. They are quieter and better all around.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was pleasantly surprised how good Territories do in snow/ice. I think it's because they become studded any time you drive on gravel.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven’t tested the Wildpeaks M/T’s but my buddy has KO2’s on his Bronco and I have the Wildpeak AT3W’s in the same size, 315/70’s. Mine are certainly quieter but the M/T Wildpeaks are going to be noisier than my AT3W’s. They are also fantastic in snow/ice both on and off road. I ran them yesterday across 20 miles of snow packed frozen lake ice that was mostly over 12” deep and had zero issues. I saw two pick up trucks stuck and shoveling themselves out on the lake yesterday and both had aggressive all terrains.

The view here for the next couple of months.

Ford Bronco Stock Sasquatch Territory M/T vs. Wildpeak M/T in Snow and Noise? 1B50574C-5AF7-4230-8CB2-AB9AC0846EDF

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stick in the Mud

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I haven’t tested the Wildpeaks M/T’s but my buddy has KO2’s on his Bronco and I have the Wildpeak AT3W’s in the same size, 315/70’s. Mine are certainly quieter but the M/T Wildpeaks are going to be noisier than my AT3W’s. They are also fantastic in snow/ice both on and off road. I ran them yesterday across 20 miles of snow packed frozen lake ice that was mostly over 12” deep and had zero issues. I saw two pick up trucks stuck and shoveling themselves out on the lake yesterday and both had aggressive all terrains.

Ford Bronco Stock Sasquatch Territory M/T vs. Wildpeak M/T in Snow and Noise? 1B50574C-5AF7-4230-8CB2-AB9AC0846EDF
Thanks for that. The main concern is winter performance. The Territory M/T’s are good - but with some of the snow and ice storms we’ve gotten recently, we’ve still had some traction issues even in 4H. I know a studded tire would be ideal, but hoping the Wildpeak M/T will at least give us a bit more bite than stock without costing us even more road noise.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve read BFGs had more road noise. Have you ever compared them to Wildpeak?
I have not but compared them to the Wranglers and they were a lot better than them. The K02s are also the highest rates tires also. Also, we have had 3 sets of K02s and not a lot of tire noise at all.

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for that. The main concern is winter performance. The Territory M/T’s are good - but with some of the snow and ice storms we’ve gotten recently, we’ve still had some traction issues even in 4H. I know a studded tire would be ideal, but hoping the Wildpeak M/T will at least give us a bit more bite than stock without costing us even more road noise.
Based upon the tread pattern alone the Wildpeak M/T appears that it would do worse in snow and ice than the territory MT. Most M/t's lack in the snow/ice traction department. Best tires I have ever run in snow/ice are the cooper AT3's.

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had AT3Ws on my previous 2 vehicles once the stock tires died. 33s on my Ram 1500 and 32s on my Jeep Cherokee. Can't wait to try them on our Bronco in the next year or so. 21k miles on them and they haven't been too bad in the snow, which we get a lot of (not lately though...). If the improvement is anything like my truck which had general grabbers it will be a big win. Night an old day difference for sure.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove hundreds of miles in deep snow, non deep snow, icy roads with the Sasquatch tires. Exceptional in those conditions, especially in 4A slippery. Much better than any proper MT tire I have tried. Also better than any all season tire with 3 peaks rating on a AWD SUV I had.

IMO, the territory are as good as it gets for an AT or MT tire. If you want better snow traction, you will want a specific snow winter tire, which is hard to find in 35" size.

Yes the territory trows rocks, yes the problem is easily solved with mud flaps. I don’t get the hate though, they performed great in all conditions for me, and at such a low weight which I value a lot.

OP
OP
Stick in the Mud

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove hundreds of miles in deep snow, non deep snow, icy roads with the Sasquatch tires. Exceptional in those conditions, especially in 4A slippery. Much better than any proper MT tire I have tried. Also better than any all season tire with 3 peaks rating on a AWD SUV I had.

IMO, the territory are as good as it gets for an AT or MT tire. If you want better snow traction, you will want a specific snow winter tire, which is hard to find in 35" size.

Yes the territory trows rocks, yes the problem is easily solved with mud flaps. I don’t get the hate though, they performed great in all conditions for me, and at such a low weight which I value a lot.
Yeah I so like the territories. We put mud flaps on as well. As much as people rave about the Wildpeaks, I was curious if they offered even moar.
Sponsored