Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Typically its your summers when it rains and I do not miss the weather one bit.
Yes it is, but this is some kind of weather system that is dumping lots of rain in March. We need it, but I don't know what to do about my Bronco getting messed up by the tons of water.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aww thanks for doing an experiment for me! I appreciate it! We are STILL getting rain. I'm sure it's over 6" as our friends are reporting 7" at their house. I heard Jim Cantore from The Weather Channel is a few miles away, and if that's true, you know it's bad! :LOL:
After washing the bronco this morning but before I completely finished, I allowed water to pool on the top, from what I noticed, there is more pooling over the 2nd row seats than first row. There was some water that entered the front passenger door (see pic) and driver-side was much less, maybe a few drops. Nothing like you mention about the oem top.

2DABA8EA-A909-4EB9-97DB-920FB80B774B.jpeg

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After washing the bronco this morning but before I completely finished, I allowed water to pool on the top, from what I noticed, there is more pooling over the 2nd row seats than first row. There was some water that entered the front passenger door (see pic) and driver-side was much less, maybe a few drops. Nothing like you mention about the oem top.

Ford Bronco Stock Soft Top black Cloth vs TREKTOP Soft Twill Retractable top 2DABA8EA-A909-4EB9-97DB-920FB80B774B
Thank you, this is really helpful. Even when I wash my Bronco I get water all over the door when I open it to park it.

How difficult is the Bestop to install? Does it require any drilling?

Rambo30BL

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm wondering about the interior noise. I've got the oem soft top and I find the baggy windows are making a bunch of noise. The trektop is on my short list if members could confirm a reduction in flapping noise

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed my Trektop Thursday evening. The 1.5 hours to install was optimistic to say the least. The top looks fantastic and there is no flapping or noise from the rear like I get with the factory soft top, but there is a problem.

Above 40 MPH it sounds like a jet engine is blasting through the middle of the front header. It is super loud. Others have experienced a very quite Trektop on the Bronco, so I have a message into Bestop to see what they suggest.

While I wait on Bestop's help, I may loosen the hardware latch the top and then tighten the hardware again to see if there is an alignment problem.

Sponsored

xpathf1nderx

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking of buying this for my 2DR. Good reads in this thread. I like the idea of being able to pull the sides out and roll down the windows and still have the shade above, and ability to put it back together for rain. Did anyone use Ford Pass Points to purchase from Ford, and if so, how many pass points was it. The retail price is $2319.
Is the hardware easy on/off if I wanted to swap back to the MIC?

Jwwells62

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible 2019 Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All

I am contemplating if the trektop is worth adding to my Bronco. Does anyone have experience with both tops? Which is more convenient to retract? Also from my understanding, the trektop is not fully retractable. Is this correct?

Aesthetically speaking I love the trektop. I appreciate your insight and opinions!
OEM def. easier to open and close back up over the Trektop. We have 2 Badlands Softtops 1 I switched out to Twill Trektop the other my wife wanted to stay OEM. Bestop is fine with 2 people just not anywhere as easy as OEM. I think you decide on the Bestop because of appearance def.

Jwwells62

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am thinking of buying this for my 2DR. Good reads in this thread. I like the idea of being able to pull the sides out and roll down the windows and still have the shade above, and ability to put it back together for rain. Did anyone use Ford Pass Points to purchase from Ford, and if so, how many pass points was it. The retail price is $2319.
FYI purchase through Bestop and def. cheaper. But than you also can't use your Pass Points through Bestop

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the OEM Soft for a couple weeks then installed the Trektop.. and have some input for the questions.

1) I have had no issues with rain, snow, ice getting in when closed, or when opening the door.

2) Wind noise might be a slightly louder with the Trektop. Hard to say. I think it's arched design causes some turbulence just above and behind my head when driving. At least that's what it sounds like.

3) The Trektop gives a LOT more headroom so there are ways to stow a hiking blanket or sleeping pad on top of a mesh shade top (or similar)... which might help insulate the noise. I don't want to give up that headroom though. I think it makes the interior much more appealing.

4) The Trektop rear window was impossible to undo and redo at first, but has loosened up considerably. I no longer miss the lift up feature of the OEM top as I can undo the window in a few seconds

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the OEM Soft for a couple weeks then installed the Trektop.. and have some input for the questions.

1) I have had no issues with rain, snow, ice getting in when closed, or when opening the door.

2) Wind noise might be a slightly louder with the Trektop. Hard to say. I think it's arched design causes some turbulence just above and behind my head when driving. At least that's what it sounds like.

3) The Trektop gives a LOT more headroom so there are ways to stow a hiking blanket or sleeping pad on top of a mesh shade top (or similar)... which might help insulate the noise. I don't want to give up that headroom though. I think it makes the interior much more appealing.

4) The Trektop rear window was impossible to undo and redo at first, but has loosened up considerably. I no longer miss the lift up feature of the OEM top as I can undo the window in a few seconds

Thanks for the details!

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called a dealer and they wanted A LOT more for it than Bestop charges. I don't exactly remember, but several hundred dollars more.

Jwwells62

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called a dealer and they wanted A LOT more for it than Bestop charges. I don't exactly remember, but several hundred dollars more.
I believe they are including install but not sure. I ordered mine from Bestop was 1,799 than 300 for install. All of this was before Bestop's price increase as well and was the Twill 4dr
Sponsored