Sponsored

Stopped by the dealership this morning and......

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stopped by to see if they would require anything at the time I place the order and to quiz them. I was saddened by everything that followed.

They really seemed to be out of the loop when it came to the Bronco, not to mention the salesman that is handling it was completely clueless.

I asked for some color samples and they could not provide any.

I asked about more money down when I place the order and they want $1000.

He asked if I knew what options I wanted. So I informed him that I'm leaning to the Badlands trim level but without the B&P launched it is really hard to say.

He then said that we could place the order probably in a few weeks. I just stared blankly at him and discredited anything he said from then on.

I did manage to drive a Ranger while I was there. I asked if I could drive one so I can get an idea of the 2.3 drivability and power. He told me he thinks he has a 2.3 on the lot and would look real quick. Again, blank stare. This fool sells Fords for a living and doesn't know what engine the Ranger has? WTF

Oh, and about that 2.3. It is absolutely dreadful. There is zero sense of urgency from a stop and it is less fun than drowning to drive. This new found knowledge has me rethinking everything. I have some soul searching to do.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The salesman doesn't shock me but first I've heard a bad review on the 2.3. Was the lack of urgency from the transmission or engine? More details please.

You know Ohio is not far from Granger, you can always switch unless you're getting a good deal on the price.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
This will be anecdotal, but IMO a pro tip is to chop it up w/ a Service Advisor next time. That SA will then give you the lowdown and connect you w/ a sales guy heā€™s tight with for everything ā€˜conciergeā€™ you may want.
Those teams tend to be passionate enthusiasts while Sales Advisors tend to be a bit less knowledgeable, albeit smooth talkers.

source: was a service advisor @ bmwsf in my past life.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That has always bugged me about OEM dealers, you sell ONE line of cars, how come you havenā€™t taken an hour and read a brochure at least! I have purchased a lot of special edition vehicles and every single time I knew more about the features than the sales people. Itā€™s refreshing to know there are some ford dealers out there that actually post overview videos and FAQs on new vehicles. Unfortunately there are not a lot of them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ajfetterman

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The salesman doesn't shock me but first I've heard a bad review on the 2.3. Was the lack of urgency from the transmission or engine? More details please.

You know Ohio is not far from Granger, you can always switch unless you're getting a good deal on the price.
All I know is when I drove away from a stop, it seemed like it took a lot of convincing to get it to move. My ZR2, which is under powered in my opinion, flat out goes with ease as I move off a stop.

Now I don't put my foot to the floor at every stop light but it is nice to know I have power in reserve when the mood strikes me to do some spirited driving.

Bottom line for me is that I did not enjoy the drive and I would hate to spend almost $50k and not be happy when I lay the hammer down.

The 2.7 is incredible, loved it in my F150 but I my heart was set on a standard shift.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That has always bugged me about OEM dealers, you sell ONE line of cars, how come you havenā€™t taken an hour and read a brochure at least! I have purchased a lot of special edition vehicles and every single time I knew more about the features than the sales people. Itā€™s refreshing to know there are some ford dealers out there that actually post overview videos and FAQs on new vehicles. Unfortunately there are not a lot of them.
Auto salespeople donā€™t automatically equal auto enthusiasts. Majority of salespeople are just people off the street needing a quick job that requires no skills.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2.7 is incredible, loved it in my F150 but I my heart was set on a standard shift.
Follow your heart, love -- we need the take rate for proper manuals to be as high as preliminary polls show so my future sperm can enjoy rowin' their own ā˜ŗ

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealerships that don't think long term are completely out of the loop. They are only interested in selling you a car today off the lot. Like when they don't have a blue car, "it doesn't come in blue", but you see one drive by. ?. I'm surprised they didn't say, "there's no Bronco, but we have this Explorer".....

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah...run if you can and find a better dealership. My sales guy is a friend. He's constantly posting Bronco info to his personal and business FB page including stuff from here on 6G. I can text him and get straight answers within a few minutes. With the importance of this launch your dealership should be all in on keeping up with the latest.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, this 2.3 review is disheartening. I'm going to drive both motors this coming week hopefully, so we'll see if i have the same impression.

Doesn't shock me about the product knowledge aspect. It seems more and more that anything i have to buy from a salesman, i know more about it than they do.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

All I know is when I drove away from a stop, it seemed like it took a lot of convincing to get it to move. My ZR2, which is under powered in my opinion, flat out goes with ease as I move off a stop.

Now I don't put my foot to the floor at every stop light but it is nice to know I have power in reserve when the mood strikes me to do some spirited driving.

Bottom line for me is that I did not enjoy the drive and I would hate to spend almost $50k and not be happy when I lay the hammer down.

Thanks, I'm going to eventually have to take a trip down to the dealer and drive one myself. To me it sounds like how others have described the "learning" 10 speed and possibly the mode if eco was last chosen. I'll be getting a 2.3 with the manual so I've been taking auto transmission comments lightly.
Sponsored