Sponsored

Stopped by the dealership this morning and......

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm thankful to be purchasing from a long time family friend (fleet manager) who also purchases fleet equipment from me daily at work. She said she'll get me invoice or better and has had good info from the start, even though she probably won't be selling a lot of them considering her bread and butter is F-550s and Transit cargo vans.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All I know is when I drove away from a stop, it seemed like it took a lot of convincing to get it to move. My ZR2, which is under powered in my opinion, flat out goes with ease as I move off a stop.

Now I don't put my foot to the floor at every stop light but it is nice to know I have power in reserve when the mood strikes me to do some spirited driving.

Bottom line for me is that I did not enjoy the drive and I would hate to spend almost $50k and not be happy when I lay the hammer down.

The 2.7 is incredible, loved it in my F150 but I my heart was set on a standard shift.
I had the exact same experience. Test drove both. 2.3 was a HUGE disappointment! I want a manual, but not at the expense of no power. 2.7 manual would be great!

tgunn_ocs

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m in New Franklin, about an hour and a half north of Columbus. The dealership is Ganley Ford.
No surprise with Ganley. They are the worst dealership....it does not matter the brand they are representing. I have horror stories with both Ganley Ford and Ganley Chevy. I would wait for the B+P to drop, figure out more what you want and then change dealerships. While I have not had any personal dealings with Klaben Ford, we have had a great experience with Klaben Jeep. You might also try a smaller dealership like Sarchione. Lastly, Stephens isn't all that far from where you at.

I am currently with Gillingham who I have had positive experiences with to date in my fleeting dealings. Once B+P drops, I will talk with them and confirm thats where I will place my order. I am a dealerships ideal customer, I will perform all recommended maintenance at te dealership.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, not a good first impression. Hopefully they get it together. As for first impressions I'd recommend driving the 2.3 in both the ranger and the explorer. It's very loud and harsh in the ranger at first (fan noise) but then quiets down after a few miles. It doesnt leave a good first impression but that same motor in the explorer is quiet and smooth. Itll be interesting to see how that translates to bronco.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I stopped by to see if they would require anything at the time I place the order and to quiz them. I was saddened by everything that followed.

They really seemed to be out of the loop when it came to the Bronco, not to mention the salesman that is handling it was completely clueless.

I asked for some color samples and they could not provide any.

I asked about more money down when I place the order and they want $1000.

He asked if I knew what options I wanted. So I informed him that I'm leaning to the Badlands trim level but without the B&P launched it is really hard to say.

He then said that we could place the order probably in a few weeks. I just stared blankly at him and discredited anything he said from then on.

I did manage to drive a Ranger while I was there. I asked if I could drive one so I can get an idea of the 2.3 drivability and power. He told me he thinks he has a 2.3 on the lot and would look real quick. Again, blank stare. This fool sells Fords for a living and doesn't know what engine the Ranger has? WTF

Oh, and about that 2.3. It is absolutely dreadful. There is zero sense of urgency from a stop and it is less fun than drowning to drive. This new found knowledge has me rethinking everything. I have some soul searching to do.
He did know they wanted more money. :D

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And Bronco Sport orders are apparently opening up on Monday.
As in picked up by mfg? I’ve had my Sport on order since July 23rd.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah...run if you can and find a better dealership. My sales guy is a friend. He's constantly posting Bronco info to his personal and business FB page including stuff from here on 6G. I can text him and get straight answers within a few minutes. With the importance of this launch your dealership should be all in on keeping up with the latest.
That I agree with Kyle. Ford dealers cross the country should realize the amount of interest concerning the new Bronco. Then have a few sales people educated, and ready to serve the customer. Granger Ford knows this already. You would think others would follow.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Auto salespeople don’t automatically equal auto enthusiasts. Majority of salespeople are just people off the street needing a quick job that requires no skills.
Doesn’t matter, I expect the same from appliance and TV sales people. Either take the time to learn the product your selling, or find a new job.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did manage to drive a Ranger while I was there. I asked if I could drive one so I can get an idea of the 2.3 drivability and power. He told me he thinks he has a 2.3 on the lot and would look real quick. Again, blank stare. This fool sells Fords for a living and doesn't know what engine the Ranger has? WTF

Oh, and about that 2.3. It is absolutely dreadful. There is zero sense of urgency from a stop and it is less fun than drowning to drive. This new found knowledge has me rethinking everything. I have some soul searching to do.
The 2.3L has great midrange power, but lacks in the low end (<2500 rpm) and at the high end (>5500 RPM) See the torque curve chart below. You're best manually shifting, and actually short shifting at around 5k rpm to maximize your torque. Sport mode does a great job of managing gearing with light to mid throttle application. The engine in the Ranger is tuned for that midrange, the turbo isn't big enough to provide a ton of boost at the redline, and not small enough that the spin up is right off throttle. In my Ranger, I run it in sport or manual mode if I know I'm gonna need the power. I'd be curious to know if Ford is going to use a different turbo setup or tune to give more power in the low RPM.

Ford Bronco Stopped by the dealership this morning and...... 23 ranger

Wow, not a good first impression. Hopefully they get it together. As for first impressions I'd recommend driving the 2.3 in both the ranger and the explorer. It's very loud and harsh in the ranger at first (fan noise) but then quiets down after a few miles. It doesnt leave a good first impression but that same motor in the explorer is quiet and smooth. Itll be interesting to see how that translates to bronco.
I was told why they went to a mechanical fan, but for the life of me, I can't remember why. EDIT: I found this from VAMike on Ranger5G and it sounds familiar:
VAMike at Ranger5G.com said:
The mechanical fan is more efficient at high flow (like you need for a loaded truck). Electric fans are pretty much a requirement for most vehicles these days, which use a transverse mounted front wheel drive configuration, so a mechanical fan isn't really a practical option. (Because a mechanical fan would be pointed at the side of the car instead of the front.) In cases where a mechanical fan is an option, an electric might still be preferred if you don't need to move as large a volume of air; traditionally, the electric fan would have less of an impact on engine power. Clutch systems like the one in the ranger make the fan more efficient than systems where the fan always run at engine rpm--but it's a more complicated and expensive solution than an electric fan, and if you don't need the mechanical fan for peak cooling, it makes sense to just go with the electric.
Even broken in, the fan clutch locks up on cold start and is quite loud for a little while. The Explorer version has an electric fan setup and is tuned differently too, more HP.

I have a 2.3L Ranger. The 2.3L paired with the 10 speed can shift and boost very quickly. It is actually very good at passing lane heroics. I think the manual will be even better because you can keep it in boost RPMs more deliberately.
Yup. 60-70% throttle application will result in the right RPMS and gear when passing on the freeway.

As in picked up by mfg? I’ve had my Sport on order since July 23rd.
Bronco Sport Order Bank is open, we've been converting our Sport reservations to orders for a little while now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All I know is when I drove away from a stop, it seemed like it took a lot of convincing to get it to move. My ZR2, which is under powered in my opinion, flat out goes with ease as I move off a stop.

Now I don't put my foot to the floor at every stop light but it is nice to know I have power in reserve when the mood strikes me to do some spirited driving.

Bottom line for me is that I did not enjoy the drive and I would hate to spend almost $50k and not be happy when I lay the hammer down.

The 2.7 is incredible, loved it in my F150 but I my heart was set on a standard shift.
Could have been the tranny too. With a stick like you want you have much better control of your take offs.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, visiting the local Ford dealer to test drive a Ranger. Gotta See for myself. In the last month I am seeing many more Rangers. They seem to be selling very well.

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stopped by to see if they would require anything at the time I place the order and to quiz them. I was saddened by everything that followed.

They really seemed to be out of the loop when it came to the Bronco, not to mention the salesman that is handling it was completely clueless.

I asked for some color samples and they could not provide any.

I asked about more money down when I place the order and they want $1000.

He asked if I knew what options I wanted. So I informed him that I'm leaning to the Badlands trim level but without the B&P launched it is really hard to say.

He then said that we could place the order probably in a few weeks. I just stared blankly at him and discredited anything he said from then on.

Ganely is terrible, I am currently with Liberty Ford in Parma. I put in my reservation on July15th at 3am (dont ask lol), by 9am on the same day I had an email and phone call from them. Talk to Fred, he has answered all questions immediately. They are honoring all plans, there is a refundable $500 commitment deposit, overall I've been very impressed with their customer service.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I DD a 2017 Colorado V6 and I thought the Ranger was quicker off the line. It felt effortless to get up to speed.

I’m not sure how it would feel towing but for getting around town I thought there was more than enough pickup and go. You could feel a little bit of lag but that was to be expected. Overall I think a lot of us will be happy with the 2.3L and 7speed.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife had a 2015 Lincoln MKC with the 2.3 turbo. While it was an auto, it moved pretty well throughout the power band. I imagine maybe it was lighter than a ranger but maybe they tune a truck different than a crossover?
Sponsored