Sponsored

Stopped by the dealership this morning and......

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I stopped by to see if they would require anything at the time I place the order and to quiz them. I was saddened by everything that followed.

They really seemed to be out of the loop when it came to the Bronco, not to mention the salesman that is handling it was completely clueless.

I asked for some color samples and they could not provide any.

I asked about more money down when I place the order and they want $1000.

He asked if I knew what options I wanted. So I informed him that I'm leaning to the Badlands trim level but without the B&P launched it is really hard to say.

He then said that we could place the order probably in a few weeks. I just stared blankly at him and discredited anything he said from then on.

I did manage to drive a Ranger while I was there. I asked if I could drive one so I can get an idea of the 2.3 drivability and power. He told me he thinks he has a 2.3 on the lot and would look real quick. Again, blank stare. This fool sells Fords for a living and doesn't know what engine the Ranger has? WTF

Oh, and about that 2.3. It is absolutely dreadful. There is zero sense of urgency from a stop and it is less fun than drowning to drive. This new found knowledge has me rethinking everything. I have some soul searching to do.
Oh and about the 2.3, get the stick or get a ā€˜stang
Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh and about the 2.3, get the stick or get a ā€˜stang
One thing to note for those considering manual, when you shift you will lose your boost pressure due to the engine disengagement. (Unless you power shift of course).

I'm a manual nut(two old BMWs with manuals), but even I have to admit turbos are better with a slush box. I have the 2.3/10spd in my Ranger and like it (see my torque curve post). I had a 2011 Ranger with the manual and 2.3 n/a and it was fine, but no performance vehicle.

For those of you looking at manual, a Mustang EB with the manual would be a good car to get a feel for the 2.3 with a stick. The gearing will likely be different, but it'll give you a general feel for a turbo manual if you haven't driven one.

NYCat21

Big Bend
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I plan on going to my dealer in the coming days. Besides honoring Xplan pricing ADM and upcharging what other questions should i be asking?

Fordman88

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Ranger and the 2.3 is a dog unless you drive it in sport mode all the time. I will definitely be uping to the 2.7 it has to be better right?

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on going to my dealer in the coming days. Besides honoring Xplan pricing ADM and upcharging what other questions should i be asking?
How much are they charging for a commitment fee, if they are is it refundable or not.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford ships their vehicles in what is called transport mode.
It severely cuts the power in order to keep the shippers and dealer lot monkeys from stunt driving the cars.
You can look up online how to turn it off permanently.
People occasionally have to do it themselves after buying a car.

I'd bet real money those dummies at that dealership are leaving them in transport mode.
Thought this was made up ? until I googled it. Apparently these are the steps to deactivate it. It's like doing the finish move in mortal kombat

Transport Mode Deactivation

1. Turn key to 'on' position
  2. Wait for chimes to stop
  3. Depress brake pedal 5 times
  4. Turn four-way flashers on 5 times
  5. Horn will honk when out of transport mode

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you had issues with the 2.3 either your shopping the wrong car all together, it was in delivery mode still(not sure that's a thing on rangers but could be) or there was driver error. While the 2.3 isn't a rocket offline by time you hit 5mph or so it's gone. I just drove my daughter expoler with it and it has more than ample power.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, visiting the local Ford dealer to test drive a Ranger. Gotta See for myself. In the last month I am seeing many more Rangers. They seem to be selling very well.
I just ordered an STX Super Cab after a test drive. I was quite impressed with the "little engine that could", the ride, and how quiet the truck was. It should be here the first of November, I hope......By the time I can order my Bronco I'll know for sure if I want a 2.3L, or the 2.7L.

The wait for the Ranger will pale in comparison to the wait for the Bronco. :)

OP
OP
Ajfetterman

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must just have a different experience than you all. That 2.3 is awful. Iā€™m sorry if you have it and think itā€™s good but you are wrong. I legit have had over 30 cars in my life and that was one of the worst drives I have had. Reminded me of an early 90ā€™s 4 cyl. It is truly terrible.

I just canā€™t bring myself to settle for that engine having spent $50k. Seriously, it is dreadful.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thought this was made up ? until I googled it. Apparently these are the steps to deactivate it. It's like doing the finish move in mortal kombat

Transport Mode Deactivation

1. Turn key to 'on' position
  2. Wait for chimes to stop
  3. Depress brake pedal 5 times
  4. Turn four-way flashers on 5 times
  5. Horn will honk when out of transport mode
Interesting, I looked up the actual procedure, it's 5 on the pedal twice on the hazards. I was always told 8 on the pedal and 5 on the hazards.

I must just have a different experience than you all. That 2.3 is awful. Iā€™m sorry if you have it and think itā€™s good but you are wrong. I legit have had over 30 cars in my life and that was one of the worst drives I have had. Reminded me of an early 90ā€™s 4 cyl. It is truly terrible.

I just canā€™t bring myself to settle for that engine having spent $50k. Seriously, it is dreadful.
I own a 90s 4ycl (a german one but still) and sounds like it very well may have been in transport mode. HOWEVER, the good news is Ford gave us a choice and the 2.7 is a fantastic engine, and that's what I'll be getting.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stopped by to see if they would require anything at the time I place the order and to quiz them. I was saddened by everything that followed.

They really seemed to be out of the loop when it came to the Bronco, not to mention the salesman that is handling it was completely clueless.

I asked for some color samples and they could not provide any.

I asked about more money down when I place the order and they want $1000.

He asked if I knew what options I wanted. So I informed him that I'm leaning to the Badlands trim level but without the B&P launched it is really hard to say.

He then said that we could place the order probably in a few weeks. I just stared blankly at him and discredited anything he said from then on.

I did manage to drive a Ranger while I was there. I asked if I could drive one so I can get an idea of the 2.3 drivability and power. He told me he thinks he has a 2.3 on the lot and would look real quick. Again, blank stare. This fool sells Fords for a living and doesn't know what engine the Ranger has? WTF

Oh, and about that 2.3. It is absolutely dreadful. There is zero sense of urgency from a stop and it is less fun than drowning to drive. This new found knowledge has me rethinking everything. I have some soul searching to do.
I once went to a Nissan dealer when my sister was looking for a sedan ages ago, Salesman kept looking down at the window sticker to tell me about the specs and features

Had a 2.3t in a Mustang, it'll be better with a stick and also after a few thousand miles of learning how you drive like a maniac in black

OP
OP
Ajfetterman

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I contacted another dealership and they assured me that they will not be asking for anything at the time of order. I will be switching to Sarchione Ford. They are a little further a way but in only a few minute conversation was far above Ganley.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can't stress this enough. You can and should know more than the dealership. The more you know the smoother it will go, don't even bother asking questions at the dealership. They will just confuse you. They might push you into making decisions that are better for them than you, or their own personal opinions. that salesman probably daily drives a Fusion.

This forum, and the configurator, are your best tools.
Sponsored