Sponsored

Stopped by the dealership this morning and......

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The overwhelming number of absolutely clueless dealerships is unfortunately now the norm. It was true in 2012 when I bought my Tacoma and it remains true today based on my experience.

This single fact is why IMPO the current dealership sales model is destined to fail.

Enter direct to consumer biz. In today’s modern world their is no reason why dealerships need to exist for new vehicle “sales”

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well it the Ranger definitely beats the Gladiator and Ridgeline. :) They also have a video where they tune the 2.3L Ranger and it is fast.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be using my local dealer to test drive Rangers and F-150s with both engines... even though I switched my reservation from them to Granger. I want to see the colors too.

They had a chance to make this right but blew it. It won't hurt them to let me do a few test drives though. ;)

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Switch dealers if that is your selected dealer. I have NEVER found a salesman that knew any where near what I knew about a vehicle I was interested in. They somehow seem to think slick talk and bullshit will suffice instead of knowing their products. This is EXACTLY what I am afraid of when I go to my dealer to order!! Hang in there!

Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't want to invalidate the 2.3 experience, but it sounds more like a transmission problem and not an engine problem.

I don't see how something with 270hp and 310lb of TQ would be lacking in any dept.

It has the same hp/weight as most hot hatches from a couple of years ago.

AndrewJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't want to invalidate the 2.3 experience, but it sounds more like a transmission problem and not an engine problem.

I don't see how something with 270hp and 310lb of TQ would be lacking in any dept.

It has the same hp/weight as most hot hatches from a couple of years ago.
Is that... a Ford Performance Blue Bronco in your pfp??? I'm drooling

AndrewJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I tried to photoshop Area51 over a dark grey. So that's the color it's supposed to be.
well it's instantly recognizable as FPB and that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ford should offer it on the Bronco. Fingers crossed for the Warthog/Raptor! Great job!!!

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried to photoshop Area51 over a dark grey. So that's the color it's supposed to be.
that is a beautiful color. If they offered that with the white top, I would have no difficulty choosing colors....that color combo would be #1,,

Sponsored

KingBronco

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After reading this, I've got to say I'm really glad to have a Bronco reserved with Sewell. I live about 1300 miles away, but they've really impressed me with their knowledge, updates, and customer service. Can't wait to fly out next year!

BroncoV6Stick

Wildtrak
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the exact same experience. Test drove both. 2.3 was a HUGE disappointment! I want a manual, but not at the expense of no power. 2.7 manual would be great!
I also took a test drive in the Ranger with the 2.3. No way will I get this engine. The 2.7 is just slightly less powerful then the 3.5 Ecoboost i have in my 2015 F150 Platinum. I will wait one year and hopefully Ford will come to their senses and offer the 2.7 in manual.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh, and about that 2.3. It is absolutely dreadful. There is zero sense of urgency from a stop and it is less fun than drowning to drive. This new found knowledge has me rethinking everything. I have some soul searching to do.
Ford ships their vehicles in what is called transport mode.
It severely cuts the power in order to keep the shippers and dealer lot monkeys from stunt driving the cars.
You can look up online how to turn it off permanently.
People occasionally have to do it themselves after buying a car.

I'd bet real money those dummies at that dealership are leaving them in transport mode.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I stopped by to see if they would require anything at the time I place the order and to quiz them. I was saddened by everything that followed.

They really seemed to be out of the loop when it came to the Bronco, not to mention the salesman that is handling it was completely clueless.

I asked for some color samples and they could not provide any.

I asked about more money down when I place the order and they want $1000.

He asked if I knew what options I wanted. So I informed him that I'm leaning to the Badlands trim level but without the B&P launched it is really hard to say.

He then said that we could place the order probably in a few weeks. I just stared blankly at him and discredited anything he said from then on.

I did manage to drive a Ranger while I was there. I asked if I could drive one so I can get an idea of the 2.3 drivability and power. He told me he thinks he has a 2.3 on the lot and would look real quick. Again, blank stare. This fool sells Fords for a living and doesn't know what engine the Ranger has? WTF

Oh, and about that 2.3. It is absolutely dreadful. There is zero sense of urgency from a stop and it is less fun than drowning to drive. This new found knowledge has me rethinking everything. I have some soul searching to do.
This may be the biggest Ford launch since Mustang, don’t hold it against some random young salesman for not knowing what’s up
Sponsored