Sponsored

Storage Bags - included vs heavy-duty versions?

tmbonnett

First Edition
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a FE being built next week 🤞 and it comes with the Storage Bags- Top and Door. I added the Heavy-Duty Storage Bags for $585.00 to my order. (see attached) Does anyone know the difference between the included and optional heavy-duty storage bags? Are the Heavy-duty bags for long term storage?

According to the Ford Accessories catalog it would appear this would include the following part numbers.
  • VM2DZ-54502H07-E- Heavy Duty Door Storage Front, Bags, Garage, Rear Door by Coverking- $219.00
  • VM2DZ-54502H07-D- Heavy Duty Door Storage Front Bags, Garage, 4-Door by Coverking- $229.00
  • VM2DZ-54502H07-A- Heavy Duty Roof Panel Storage Bags, Front Panels 2-door and 4-Door by Coverking- $129.00
  • VM2DZ-54502H07-B- Heavy Duty Roof Storage Bags, Garage, Mid Panel Storage Bags- 4- door by Coverking- $169.00
Total for the above- $746.00 if purchased from the Ford Accessories catalog.
Ford Bronco Storage Bags - included vs heavy-duty versions? StorageBag_WindowSticker.JPG
Sponsored

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Titan Pro-4x , 2021 Ford Bronco 4Dr BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a FE being built next week 🤞 and it comes with the Storage Bags- Top and Door. I added the Heavy-Duty Storage Bags for $585.00 to my order. (see attached) Does anyone know the difference between the included and optional heavy-duty storage bags? Are the Heavy-duty bags for long term storage?

According to the Ford Accessories catalog it would appear this would include the following part numbers.
  • VM2DZ-54502H07-E- Heavy Duty Door Storage Front, Bags, Garage, Rear Door by Coverking- $219.00
  • VM2DZ-54502H07-D- Heavy Duty Door Storage Front Bags, Garage, 4-Door by Coverking- $229.00
  • VM2DZ-54502H07-A- Heavy Duty Roof Panel Storage Bags, Front Panels 2-door and 4-Door by Coverking- $129.00
  • VM2DZ-54502H07-B- Heavy Duty Roof Storage Bags, Garage, Mid Panel Storage Bags- 4- door by Coverking- $169.00
Ford Bronco Storage Bags - included vs heavy-duty versions? StorageBag_WindowSticker.JPG
I only got the bag for the 2 front MIC top panels on my BD, but that bag is really nice and heavy duty. Should be good for long term storage if stored properly. I ordered an aftermarket bag for the middle panel from Ford Accessories made by Coverking. Hopefully it is just as beefy. Good luck with your build!

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On vehicle vs garage storage

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe the standard bags are for storing in the vehicle and the others are for off vehicle storage.

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered the heavy duty storage bags as well with my FE but when I took delivery the rear door bags were missing and dealer still has no idea where they are and hasn’t ordered replacement, I’m assuming it’s suppose to come with all the bags for the $585 price right? Can anyone else confirm all the parts included in the Heavy-Duty Storage Bags. Thanks

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I can tell they're pretty much the same as the on-board storage bags, just without the instructions sewn on and the harness for keeping them on board.

Also worth noting that the garage storage bags are available for significantly less than Ford is charging.

OP
OP
tmbonnett

tmbonnett

First Edition
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered the heavy duty storage bags as well with my FE but when I took delivery the rear door bags were missing and dealer still has no idea where they are and hasn’t ordered replacement, I’m assuming it’s suppose to come with all the bags for the $585 price right? Can anyone else confirm all the parts included in the Heavy-Duty Storage Bags. Thanks
They come with the same bags that come with the FE. I’m still waiting for a rear panel bag that my dealer forgot to order.

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They come with the same bags that come with the FE. I’m still waiting for a rear panel bag that my dealer forgot to order.
Thanks for clarifying, I guess I’m not the only one missing the rear door bags as well, the dealer has been playing dumb saying they aren’t sure where they are and are “trying” to locate them, I just asked them 2 weeks ago why haven’t they just reordered if they are missing or lost but they still keep saying they are looking for them. 🤦🏽‍♂️

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I recently ordered the mid-panel bag (VM2DZ54502H07B) for my 4dr FE and it's a heavy thick leather vs. the canvas material in the bags that came with the Bronco. I guess the mid-panel is a "garage" storage bag since it won't easily fit on board, but still not sure why they didn't include this with the bag package. Still not sure what to do with the big rear panel once spring arrives.
Sponsored