Sponsored

Strategy and schedule to get one? - *UPDATE* - Tentative Success!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks much. Appreciate the specifics.

Choice for the Raptor is in large part due to the active Fox based suspension which is a huge enabler for the high speed stuff. A 2Dr model won't hold a candle to the Raptor on this front.
ya, but if you were to add $30k of suspension to any Bronco, I bet you would have something on par with the BRaptor (just in regards to suspension travel, there's more to the BRaptor than that).

Still, you could add the HOSS 3.0 steering rack, an ICON stage 8 setup, and even portal axles for around $30k (iirc). The BRaptor would be hard pressed to have better suspension travel. If you want the capability without the ADM, that's one possibility.
Sponsored

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ya, but if you were to add $30k of suspension to any Bronco, I bet you would have something on par with the BRaptor (just in regards to suspension travel, there's more to the BRaptor than that).

Still, you could add the HOSS 3.0 steering rack, an ICON stage 8 setup, and even portal axles for around $30k (iirc). The BRaptor would be hard pressed to have better suspension travel. If you want the capability without the ADM, that's one possibility.
Not to get too far OT but...

NO aftermarket suspension system will provide real-time damping adjustments, including using the vehicles acceleration sensors to determine when it is airborne. In addition to this feature of the Braptors suspension you also get the customized driving modes that provide alternate base tunes and still does the real time adjustments.

There is so much more to suspension quality and tune, as opposed to just raw travel numbers.

Ford also seems to think that the base Bronco chassis is not even close to ready for 12"+ of travel...

Last edited:

Chris_Roy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ram 1500 2021 camaro ss 1le
Your Bronco Model
Base
I placed an order with my local dealer yesterday. I know a lot of dealers have turned people down because the order banks are closed but my local dealer was willing to give it a try. I was told that the dealer more than likely had an unused allocation, which an order can be placed regardless if retail order banks are closed.

975B4218-B449-4AAB-A887-663715704B47.png

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I placed an order with my local dealer yesterday. I know a lot of dealers have turned people down because the order banks are closed but my local dealer was willing to give it a try. I was told that the dealer more than likely had an unused allocation, which an order can be placed regardless if retail order banks are closed.
I think anyone can do this type of "order" and choose any dealer at ford.com . A dealer told me these are meaningless. I know you can often not trust what a dealer says...

Was there an agreement on ADM?

Good luck.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also a nice Silver one at Poway Ford. It has real ADM and BS ADMs on top. Obviously, they would take an offer but I didn't bother.

PXL_20221222_215733776.jpg

Sponsored

Chris_Roy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think anyone can do this type of "order" and choose any dealer at ford.com . A dealer told me these are meaningless. I know you can often not trust what a dealer says...

Was there an agreement on ADM?

Good luck.
I did this order through my local dealership for msrp.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Andrewjn220

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd 4 runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, no one needs a Bronco Raptor nor even a Bronco for that matter. That said I've pushed well over the limits of my 4Runner in Glamis and Pismo.
I have owned 4 TRD 4Runners and have the latest solar octane.
My 23 Silver bronco raptor arrived and it puts any vehicle I have ever stepped in to shame. It had me speechless and still does. The silver enhances the lines and looks far greater than any color I have seen- I fought hard against picking silver but it made sense and I am glad I went with my gut. You have no idea how much fun and beyond capable a vehicle is until it’s at your doorstep. It’s absolutely sick!!!

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My 23 Silver bronco raptor arrived and it puts any vehicle I have ever stepped in to shame. It had me speechless and still does. The silver enhances the lines and looks far greater than any color I have seen- I fought hard against picking silver but it made sense and I am glad I went with my gut. You have no idea how much fun and beyond capable a vehicle is until it’s at your doorstep. It’s absolutely sick!!!
'23s have been delivered to customers??

Thanks for the feedback. Sound amazing. Hmmm, on second thought perhaps "no thanks" (jealous 😉).

Chris_Roy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which dealer? By PM is fine if you don't want to broadcast it...
Not throwing any names out yet. The dealer I ordered it from was skeptical like I was about the whole thing, when and will it get scheduled for production? Like I had said the order banks for bronco are closed, so not sure how my order was placed and confirm by ford. I did get some feedback from some other online posts and they said my dealer must have had an allocation, so with an allocation an order can still be placed regardless of retail order banks being closed. Your best bet is to find a dealer that has an unused allocation, I believe that will be the only way an order can be placed and confirmed. I also heard that raptor is in its own ordering system seperate from “regular” broncos

Sponsored

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i came from a fully modded 5th gen trd pro 4runner. supercharged, bbk, 34" tires, 4.88 gears, secondary shocks, everything. Got my bronco raptor and never looked back on the 4runner hah.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Went to another San Diego dealer today and the sales guy suggested putting in my own build/order on ford.com and choose their dealer. He said it would be MSRP but I don't trust that. They had huge markups on all Broncos and are even selling a Bronco Raptor on consignment for a customer.

Any advice?

Chris_Roy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went to another San Diego dealer today and the sales guy suggested putting in my own build/order on ford.com and choose their dealer. He said it would be MSRP but I don't trust that. They had huge markups on all Broncos and are even selling a Bronco Raptor on consignment for a customer.

Any advice?
I know you can build on the ford site but didn’t know you could submit an order? Doesn’t seem right to me, prob a way just to brush you off. Only way I knew to order was through the dealer, most positive that is the only way

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any advice?
Doesn’t make sense at all. If they have an allocation he could have placed the order right then and there at the dealership. No need for you to go home and submit an order when anything you can do at home, they have the ability to do there in the dealership. They have computers at their desk with internet lol.

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Doesn’t make sense at all. If they have an allocation he could have placed the order right then and there at the dealership. No need for you to go home and submit an order when anything you can do at home, they have the ability to do there in the dealership. They have computers at their desk with internet lol.
Right! I didn't even go in. I did everything over the phone with the dealer, confirmed options in email, and he submitted my order. Shortly after I got the order confirmation email from ford confirming the order is in. Feel like a lot of dealers are clueless or less than honest on Raptor Allocations and Orders. Same when I ordered my 1st bronco. I walked in and dealer was great and honest and 6 mos later drove my ordered bronco off the lot. While others are still waiting.
Sponsored