Sponsored

Strategy and schedule to get one? - *UPDATE* - Tentative Success!

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
what dealership was it that only did it for$5k over MSRP? Ifyou don’t mind me asking
Somewhat oddly, they didn't want me to advertise this... Until I take possession, I feel I have to honor that. Maybe my deal was "too good" to offer again. Not sure.

That said, there is no disputing that the larger the dealer, the more Braptor allocations they will get (IIRC it actually only depends on how many Broncos the dealer has/is selling, not total vehicles but these will be strongly correlated at the larger dealers). IMHO this is the critical part of actually gettng one. Golden Tickets did nothing for folks, for years, at small dealers...

EDIT:

I just heard from another source this dealer now wants $20k ADM. Ugh.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well my tentative success here is looking almost for sure like a big f&$@-ing failure.

My dealer (the largest in the country) likely deceived me about allocations. They now report they are reasonably sure I won't be getting a '23. After claiming initially back in Jan. that they had an allocation for me, the possibilities to me seem to be:

- I was moved down the list in favor of higher ADM orders.
- They had others ahead of me and lied.
- They got very few allocations since Jan.
- They are purposefully pushing me to '24.

I've followed up with them very regularly and by no means sat by passively waiting in line. Now I'm set to lose over $10k in '23 price protections and they won't reduce the ADM. I'm also set to lose out on my desired color since Code Orange is being discontinued for '24.

I'm so bummed/depressed. If sure would be nice to have something about '24s to be excited about but sparkly poop brown paint, a Code Orange package and painted fenders just don't do it for me.

The Raptor counts on cars.com just keep going up but ADMs seem just as high as ever.

Appreciate any brainstorming, advice, suggestions.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well my tentative success here is looking almost for sure like a big f&$@-ing failure.

My dealer (the largest in the country) likely deceived me about allocations. They now report they are reasonably sure I won't be getting a '23. After claiming initially back in Jan. that they had an allocation for me, the possibilities to me seem to be:

- I was moved down the list in favor of higher ADM orders.
- They had others ahead of me and lied.
- They got very few allocations since Jan.
- They are purposefully pushing me to '24.

I've followed up with them very regularly and by no means sat by passively waiting in line. Now I'm set to lose over $10k in '23 price protections and they won't reduce the ADM. I'm also set to lose out on my desired color since Code Orange is being discontinued for '24.

I'm so bummed/depressed. If sure would be nice to have something about '24s to be excited about but sparkly poop brown paint, a Code Orange package and painted fenders just don't do it for me.

The Raptor counts on cars.com just keep going up but ADMs seem just as high as ever.

Appreciate any brainstorming, advice, suggestions.
Might as well just find one on a lot now that meets your specs and buy it. You were already going to pay a markup anyway. With 24 price increases it’s probably a wash now to just buy off a lot. Either that or find another vehicle to purchase besides a Braptor.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finally a surprise and great news. My dealer got an allocation and I'll soon have both a VIN and build date. Like, so many others here, its been a roller coaster for me. I feel very lucky to get a rare allocation in "only" 8 months compared to the wait many of you are/have endured.

Backing up a bit, I've spent the last couple weeks scouring cars.com and Autotrader for the closest I could get to the spec I want (Code Orange with pretty much no options), looking at both new and used. I finally got to the point, with my unwillingness to pay a huge ADM, that I would go for a used truck. It was a bit out of the blue that I checked with my dealer who had just recently said a '23 isn't happening, and they said, you will get built.

The downside here is that despite NOT having a VIN nor build date, they also claim I can not make any changes to my build and this just does not sound right. Not a huge deal but I'd actually like to add the beadlock capable wheels, primarily to sell them and fund aftermarket wheels. My dealer isn't communicating fact here, right?

So now my next hurdle has reared its head. My wonderful spouse, who has always been completely flexible and understanding of me being a gear head and auto enthusiast, has voiced some significant concerns/opposition about being a 3 vehicle family.

I know my "first world" highs and lows here may be boring to many, but I just feel the need to share and story tell here with some like minded folks. It will be a great day if I can bring this beast, new, with the huge price protections I'm lucky enough to have, into my driveway and into my off-roading and camping adventures with my young boys.

Cheers folks, thanks for listening.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finally a surprise and great news. My dealer got an allocation and I'll soon have both a VIN and build date. Like, so many others here, its been a roller coaster for me. I feel very lucky to get a rare allocation in "only" 8 months compared to the wait many of you are/have endured.

Backing up a bit, I've spent the last couple weeks scouring cars.com and Autotrader for the closest I could get to the spec I want (Code Orange with pretty much no options), looking at both new and used. I finally got to the point, with my unwillingness to pay a huge ADM, that I would go for a used truck. It was a bit out of the blue that I checked with my dealer who had just recently said a '23 isn't happening, and they said, you will get built.

The downside here is that despite NOT having a VIN nor build date, they also claim I can not make any changes to my build and this just does not sound right. Not a huge deal but I'd actually like to add the beadlock capable wheels, primarily to sell them and fund aftermarket wheels. My dealer isn't communicating fact here, right?

So now my next hurdle has reared its head. My wonderful spouse, who has always been completely flexible and understanding of me being a gear head and auto enthusiast, has voiced some significant concerns/opposition about being a 3 vehicle family.

I know my "first world" highs and lows here may be boring to many, but I just feel the need to share and story tell here with some like minded folks. It will be a great day if I can bring this beast, new, with the huge price protections I'm lucky enough to have, into my driveway and into my off-roading and camping adventures with my young boys.

That's awesome news Swamp!

Sponsored

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here's how I paid MSRP for my Braptor in just a few easy steps:

1. Put an order in for a Badlands in April '21.
  2. Wait and wait and wait.
  3. Walk into dealership in August '22 and see they have a similar enough Badlands on the lot for sale.
  4. Buy that Badlands w/ $10k markup on the condition that my original order will be converted to a Braptor on which I will pay zero ADM. (Got this in writing.)
  5. Enjoy the heck out of the Badlands.
  6. Pester and cajole my sales guy about that order conversion constantly until it finally happens.
  7. Wait some more.
  8. Pickup up Braptor in April '23, trading in the BL for a bit above its MSRP (but not enough to make up for #4.)
  9. Smile as folks at the dealer are shocked at the "deal" I'm getting.
  10. Enjoy the heck out of the "MSRP" Braptor.
  11. Smile when the second Braptor with my name on it shows up at the dealer because of all the headache in step #6 produced an 'extra' one.
  12. Don't be surprised when the dealership never even calls to tell me about the Braptor from step 11 and they just sell it to someone else.
TLDR: you basically can't get away without paying ADM on a Braptor. They'll get you one way or another. I'm sure there are exceptions which prove that rule, but good luck becoming one.

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Swamp - my sales guy text me at 630 AM yesterday with the great news that they were rewarded an allocation, so I’m as happy as you. It made my day! He submitted my order to get built, and we confirmed that I’d be paying the OG discussed price. Their allocation came with 2 constraints, no vinyl seats (which I didn’t want) and I had to upgrade to the beadlock capable wheels. So that was a no brainer for me. I upgraded to the beadlock capable wheels, so I can get my order build. By chance, were you advised when you’d get a production email or when you’d get your vin?

I guess I’m a little scared that my build will roll into 2024 since we are nearing the end of 2023 production. Do you have that same concern? Btw, Any idea when 2023 production ends?

Congrats BTW!

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Breptar Congrats! Remind me how long you've been waiting for an allocation?

I sure hope I don't get constrained out of vinyl seats. I'd happily take the upgraded wheels though.

Sponsored

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Breptar Congrats! Remind me how long you've been waiting for an allocation?

I sure hope I don't get constrained out of vinyl seats. I'd happily take the upgraded wheels though.

I put my order in with the dealer on 3/20 - 3/21. I saw someone get a ~9/15 production email today, so I’m just hoping my order is a 2023 build so I don’t get stuck paying the price increases. I believe it is, but you never know. I had the fork up the $2500 for the upgraded wheels, which I’ll probably sell to buy aftermarket ones.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Until you get an actual VIN assignment, I wouldn't be too ecstatic, just because the dealer got an allocation doesn't mean Ford will automatically let it get scheduled. Continued good luck.

DillonC

Raptor
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f250, 2019 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Swamp - my sales guy text me at 630 AM yesterday with the great news that they were rewarded an allocation, so I’m as happy as you. It made my day! He submitted my order to get built, and we confirmed that I’d be paying the OG discussed price. Their allocation came with 2 constraints, no vinyl seats (which I didn’t want) and I had to upgrade to the beadlock capable wheels. So that was a no brainer for me. I upgraded to the beadlock capable wheels, so I can get my order build. By chance, were you advised when you’d get a production email or when you’d get your vin?

I guess I’m a little scared that my build will roll into 2024 since we are nearing the end of 2023 production. Do you have that same concern? Btw, Any idea when 2023 production ends?

Congrats BTW!
From my understanding anything ordered right now is going to be a 24MY with the order banks for 24MY just opening up the other day.

I was just talking to my dealer about ordering a raptor. They said they could and he asked what color and options I wanted. The only option I told him was for the leather seats since the lux package is standard on the 24MY.

Hopefully I was correct in thinking I was ordering a 24 lol.
Sponsored