Sponsored

Strategy and schedule to get one? - *UPDATE* - Tentative Success!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went to another San Diego dealer today and the sales guy suggested putting in my own build/order on ford.com and choose their dealer. He said it would be MSRP but I don't trust that. They had huge markups on all Broncos and are even selling a Bronco Raptor on consignment for a customer.

Any advice?
Get it in writing from the sales manager or general manager of the dealership.
Sponsored

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Merry Christmas folks. Thanks for the good discussion.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to get too far OT but...

NO aftermarket suspension system will provide real-time damping adjustments, including using the vehicles acceleration sensors to determine when it is airborne. In addition to this feature of the Braptors suspension you also get the customized driving modes that provide alternate base tunes and still does the real time adjustments.

There is so much more to suspension quality and tune, as opposed to just raw travel numbers.

Ford also seems to think that the base Bronco chassis is not even close to ready for 12"+ of travel...
And not to mention a ton of other things you get from the Raptor such as nicer interior, bolstered seats, towing advantage, much nicer instrument panel, comes with towing prep, multiple exhaust tones, etc, etc, etc.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And not to mention a ton of other things you get from the Raptor such as nicer interior, bolstered seats, towing advantage, much nicer instrument panel, comes with towing prep, multiple exhaust tones, etc, etc, etc.
Makes you wonder how Bill Stroppes, Parnelli Jones and others raced the Baja 500 in the 60s at 100mph with no tech simple first gen Broncos. And yes I know that Big Oly's final versions were heavily modded but I'm talking 1967 68 which were not much more than stock.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

its next level to get Ford to actually ship them.

Sponsored

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

its next level to get Ford to actually ship them.
Saw yours is lost in JP. Bummer, but I hope you get it soon.
I finally got another build day of 1/12, a week from tomorrow. We'll see if this one sticks.

Raptortothis

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi folks. Been lurking around here learning and reading for a couple months. I'm finally getting serious about trying to get a new Bronco Raptor. I'm obviously awfully late to the "party"... I've not seen the press gush so much about an off-road oriented vehicle ever. It really seems to tick all of the boxes as to great for crawling, great for high speed "baja" type running and very livable as a daily driver. I'm spending far too much time watching relevant YT vids and looking at the aftermarket mods begining to show up for the truck. I'll be (hope to be...) upgrading from a 2016 4Runner TRD Pro.

I suppose there aren't really definitive answers to my question, but ultimately it is simple. Can and how do I go about geting a 2023 at MSRP (no ADM)?

I've seen ADMs as high as $75k (locally here at Encinitas (San Diego) Ford). Funny thing when I went to look at that one ( https://www.encinitasford.com/inven...R7NLA50994/Used-2022-Ford-Bronco-Encinitas-CA ) the sales guy asked me if I am a collector. I could barely withhold my inner laughing. A Broco - collectable - really. Hell no, I plan to drive the wheels off of it, off road. Looks like the ADMs on that one is now down to a mere $45k. ADMs now seem to be all over the map (feel free to discuss this point here) roughly from $20k - $50k. Of course that is aksing price, which is pretty well always negotiable. I suspect going rates for ADM are more like $10k-$30k. I suppose I may have to face the reality that I can't get a '23 or perhaps even a '24 at MSRP.

I have talked to multiple dealers both local and in other states. They all claim to be pretty well in the dark about '23 availability and allocations. None will let me place an order. Many have '22s in stock but ALL have significant ADM. Some even suggested huge deposits to get on a long list of interested parties.

I could barely understand the official process around the '22 Raptor with golden tickets. Any ideas if that will be repeated? Does anyone know when '23 allocations will begin? Could it be that demand was so high for '22s that '23s are effectively all spoken for?

I also saw an online list of Ford Dealers who only sell at MSRP, but soon found out they all seemed to have an definite exception for Specialty/Performance vehicles.

Please discuss, relay stories, advice, ADMs, verified info, rumors, etc. Happy Holidays folks.

(random pic of the to be replaced rig out in Anza Borrego)
IMG_20190224_103146-01.jpeg
I just posted one for sale if you want it now at significantly less

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not throwing any names out yet. The dealer I ordered it from was skeptical like I was about the whole thing, when and will it get scheduled for production? Like I had said the order banks for bronco are closed, so not sure how my order was placed and confirm by ford. I did get some feedback from some other online posts and they said my dealer must have had an allocation, so with an allocation an order can still be placed regardless of retail order banks being closed. Your best bet is to find a dealer that has an unused allocation, I believe that will be the only way an order can be placed and confirmed. I also heard that raptor is in its own ordering system seperate from “regular” broncos
Same thing happened to me. I placed my Badlands order on 1/2/23 with my local dealership and was confirmed by Ford the same day. I posted the same thing on another thread and nobody seems to believe me. I originally contacted them about one they had on their lot and he said they were asking $5k over, but that they had a couple allocations left and that if I ordered one, I would would get it at MSRP, as they don’t mark up orders. This was right at the end of the year. So they did possibly have some unused allocations left and that’s how I got in. Can we all agree that nobody really knows the rhyme or reason behind this ordering process?

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, a lot of hours and some tech paid off. Might be a bit early to post this as a success but I did find a dealer with a '23 allocation with only $5k ADM. I've never done any ADM before but think I'll jump on this. I can't see it getting any better in '23 maybe '24. Used ones are rapidly decreasing in price on Bring a Trailer but are still right around $100k.

Ford Bronco Strategy and schedule to get one? - *UPDATE* - Tentative Success! Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.27.17 AM

Here is how I found this:

Paid $90 for a list of all US Ford dealers, over 2500 of them (scrapehero.com). It includes email addresses for most of them. Found a free gmail add-on to enable mail merges from google sheets. Sent email inquiries to all of them inquiring about allocations, ADM and availability. A huge number of the emails were returned as bad addresses but a good percentage also got through.

I got a lot of replies by email and lots of calls as well. As you could guess the responses covered the gamut from $50k ADM to no ADM as well as "we are sold out and don't expect allocations" to we have allocations. Quite a few put me on a wait list and these ranged from the #1 spot to a hopeless 6th spot or so. That said none of them had current allocations and none were sure they would get any/any more for '23.

One dealer (waiting to see if they care if I share their name) initially wanted $10k for already speced build or even with the option to spec my own. I fairly easily talked him down to $5k over and I get to choose options. Refundable deposit is required, but becomes non-refundable once the order is placed with Ford. In part this is because they only want to acquire fully loaded builds and mine will be very bare bones.

I'll certainly post an update once I have some actual paperwork, should be tomorrow.

Now have to decide on color. My top choice was Eruption Green which is no longer available. My favorites are Code Orange, Silver and Azure Grey. Already trying to think about some custom powder coated wheels for the truck.

I'm beyond stoked here, hopefully the wind doesn't get taken out of my sails tomorrow...

Let me know if you'd like any tips on my process here.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, a lot of hours and some tech paid off. Might be a bit early to post this as a success but I did find a dealer with a '23 allocation with only $5k ADM. I've never done any ADM before but think I'll jump on this. I can't see it getting any better in '23 maybe '24. Used ones are rapidly decreasing in price on Bring a Trailer but are still right around $100k.

Ford Bronco Strategy and schedule to get one? - *UPDATE* - Tentative Success! Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.27.17 AM

Paid $90 for a list of all US Ford dealers, over 2500 of them (scrapehero.com). It includes email addresses for most of them. Found a free gmail add-on to enable mail merges from google sheets. Sent email inquiries to all of them inquiring about allocations, ADM and availability. A huge number of the emails were returned as bad addresses but a good percentage also got through.

I got a lot of replies by email and lots of calls as well. As you could guess the responses covered the gamut from $50k ADM to no ADM as well as "we are sold out and don't expect allocations" to we have allocations. Quite a few put me on a wait list and these ranged from the #1 spot to a hopeless 6th spot or so. That said none of them had current allocations and none were sure they would get any/any more for '23.

One dealer (waiting to see if they care if I share their name) initially wanted $10k for already speced build or even with the option to spec my own. I fairly easily talked him down to $5k over and I get to choose options. Refundable deposit is required, but becomes non-refundable once the order is placed with Ford. In part this is because they only want to acquire fully loaded builds and mine will be very bare bones.

I'll certainly post an update once I have some actual paperwork, should be tomorrow.

Now have to decide on color. My top choice was Eruption Green which is no longer available. My favorites are Code Orange, Silver and Azure Grey. Already trying to think about some custom powder coated wheels for the truck.

I'm beyond stoked here, hopefully the wind doesn't get taken out of my sails tomorrow...

Congrats! Still kicking myself for not having entered the 'lottery' on these. I've talked to a number of dealers and best I could find was $10k over but on one with about $3k of options I didn't want. Most dealers I contacted were $20-35k over and not willing to move at all. Think I'll just be sticking with Badlands being built next week and watch for Raptor prices to come down at some point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got my signed sales agreement today. Seems real. They claim to be one of the largest Ford dealers and are confident of additional allocations before mid year.

vick

First Name
Vick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I decided last second I wanted one. It’s a 2022 thats $79k I an paying $17,500 over. I get it in 2-3 weeks. In my mind It’s only 12,500 over because 2023 goes up $5k with the same old stuff. I can’t wait anymore even-though I just started. I offered 12,500 initially. You can’t beat it being on a train to be delivered by the 31st.

kennyle1990

Raptor
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

what dealership was it that only did it for$5k over MSRP? Ifyou don’t mind me asking
Sponsored