Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried to attend bantam here over on the west coast with my bronco... Nope jeep only... They have two events which both cost 150$ minimum. Ones jeep heritage fest (June) and the other is trailfest in October. I get heritagefest being jeep only but the other. Come on. Tbh they're kinda toxic.. I asked and obviously the rival thing and judgments not to mention rude comments followed suit.

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off - bullshit on the Bronco glitch. There are videos where the Bronco tackles Chinaman Gulch, Moab, Rubicon...I doubt there is an obstacle that causes traction control to knock out the lockers; if you set them manually and turn off traction control. Also, he needs to take 2 minutes to look at the switches to see there is a front locker...geez.
Speaking from personal experience in my Bronco, it can definitely run into an of issue with the electronics/sensors/alerts (glitch?) that will flash all sorts of different error messages on the main screen and cause a noticeable loss in power. Just like the guy said in the video, it all eventually corrects itself after about a mile of regular driving and eventually the alert messages go away. There are posts on other threads within this forum of people experiencing similar issues with errors tied to ABS, Hill Start Assist, Pre-Collision Assist, AdvanceTrac, Brake System, etc. From my experience, the issue has only come up when I've failed to turn off Traction Control prior to hitting the trails. That being said, I don't have enough miles with Traction Control off to feel confident that it's truly part of the root cause. There are so many electronics and sensors on my Bronco with the Lux package to say for sure what might have really been going on.

Also, I don't know about anything causing the lockers to disengage (re: the guy in the video) because I've never had the lockers on when having this "glitch" issue. I've used the lockers on my Badlands plenty of times already with no issues turning them on or off at will. It's a frickin' awesome vehicle and I'm super happy with it so far.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Speaking from personal experience in my Bronco, it can definitely run into an of issue with the electronics/sensors/alerts (glitch?) that will flash all sorts of different error messages on the main screen and cause a noticeable loss in power. Just like the guy said in the video, it all eventually corrects itself after about a mile of regular driving and eventually the alert messages go away. There are posts on other threads within this forum of people experiencing similar issues with errors tied to ABS, Hill Start Assist, Pre-Collision Assist, AdvanceTrac, Brake System, etc. From my experience, the issue has only come up when I've failed to turn off Traction Control prior to hitting the trails. That being said, I don't have enough miles with Traction Control off to feel confident that it's truly part of the root cause. There are so many electronics and sensors on my Bronco with the Lux package to say for sure what might have really been going on.
That is good info then. At this point I can only watch others but there has so much success in trail riding and in the off-rodeo that you never see the glitch - unless edited out. But it does sound like it can be avoided or at least minimized by making sure traction control is off.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tHeY sAiD iM cRaZy

Why tf does anyone pay attention to this tool.
Something to do while we patiently wait for our Broncos to get built?

Patiently!

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few years ago my sons 68 Bronco broke down on the eve of the Big Bear Bronco Bash.

He was already registered for some runs so he and I took my LJ and ran Holcomb Creek, Gold Mountain etc.

Other than the few expected jokes everything went great and my Son even won one of the big door prizes. 😎

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is good info then. At this point I can only watch others but there has so much success in trail riding and in the off-rodeo that you never see the glitch - unless edited out. But it does sound like it can be avoided or at least minimized by making sure traction control is off.
You're probably right with traction control off. The guy that mentioned that glitch operates Offroad Consulting which runs a ton of events out at Rausch Creek. He is very knowledgeable and wouldn't see a reason to doubt him given that Bronco will bring him additional business.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 6' 3 dude from Town and Country ford is picking up on this type of giveaway as well. Seems to be a pretty profitable thing to do on YouTube nowadays. The goal is to announce a giveaway to your following - have them buy merch for a chance to win. Wait until you double or triple your investment then give away the vehicle and move onto the next one.

Oh, and the merch you buy and presumably wear will be free advertising for his next giveaway.

Sponsored

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL! I got a wave from a Jeep guy yesterday who only saw me drive by with my side profile. I just laughed and waved back. This is going to get old for them.
I would guess he was waving out of respect and to acknowledge the rare, cool, new rig on the road. Not because he was confused with the profile of the Bronco. I exchange waves and "what's ups" all the time from Jeepers and anyone else around in something that's lifted, off-roadie and not a street queen.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great video! Interesting part about the issue with the bronco towards the end. Anyone else notice the same issue?

you have two lockers on that, you just don't have sta bar disconnect..

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watch Mike fairly regularly. He is a pretty knowledgeable car guy most of the time, I can't believe didn't know he had front lockers and the switches are on the dash..... But he isn't really an off-road guy at all, so kind of out of his element with the Bronco.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess he was waving out of respect and to acknowledge the rare, cool, new rig on the road. Not because he was confused with the profile of the Bronco. I exchange waves and "what's ups" all the time from Jeepers and anyone else around in something that's lifted, off-roadie and not a street queen.
I’ve actually experienced quite the same sort of thing. I talk with lots of “jeepers” on the regular and usually they’re some of the most interested to come over when I’m parked and check out the bronco and start a conversation, which I think is awesome. Though, I guess it isn’t exclusive to people who drive jeeps as the bronco definitely is a looker.
Sponsored