Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed that the soft top on my bronco is starting to sag between the ribs and losing it's shape. I know I'm not the only one that has this. Is there an adjustment we can do to add some tension across the top once again?
Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bump. Same thing here, rain starts to pool between driver/passenger front :/

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The tension cables are the only thing I know of that holds the sides tight. They hook in near the forward top edge of the removable side windows. Make sure they are in place. I’ve seen reports of the ends coming off.

Last edited:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest I think this is an actual design feature to help with top installation to help the emerging new customer base.
I know this is an ancient reference, but my old CJ-5 was a PITA to get the soft top on if it wasn't warmed up. Would have to set it in the sun so it would stretch more to ease installation, but why would you want to run to top when it's sunny out :unsure: I just ended up running the Bikini top & full soft doors when it was cold to avoid the fight with the soft top installation. Even in the snow.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To be honest I think this is an actual design feature to help with top installation to help the emerging new customer base.
I know this is an ancient reference, but my old CJ-5 was a PITA to get the soft top on if it wasn't warmed up. Would have to set it in the sun so it would stretch more to ease installation, but why would you want to run to top when it's sunny out :unsure: I just ended up running the Bikini top & full soft doors when it was cold to avoid the fight with the soft top installation. Even in the snow.
Those tops were more of the old tonneau cover material. This is a twill fabric that shouldn’t have the shrinkage issues of them older tops. As long as water doesn’t find its way in I’m fine with it. Beats dealing with hard top panels and nowhere to put the middle section if I’m out and about and want to open er up.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a twill fabric that shouldn’t have the shrinkage issues of them older tops.
I think it's mandatory one of us posts this... I think it was in the Terms & Agreements when we signed up for B6G.

Ford Bronco Stretching the soft top 8c2adf91-30d9-4908-9d31-176bb06ab14d_text

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it's mandatory one of us posts this... I think it was in the Terms & Agreements when we signed up for B6G.

Ford Bronco Stretching the soft top 8c2adf91-30d9-4908-9d31-176bb06ab14d_text
Haha was so thinking about it when I wrote it!! I’m just not good with finding the gif things lol.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Apparently, Ford should just stick to metal roofs. :LOL:

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP
OP
DenNut

DenNut

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the part that bugs me is the rounded corners have lost their shape above the rear section. I wonder if I could slip something in there to retrain then fabric.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the part that bugs me is the rounded corners have lost their shape above the rear section. I wonder if I could slip something in there to retrain then fabric.
Might be able to form something to hold its shape for the corners that will provide a little bit of rigidity. Kind of like how a shoe tree works. 🤷‍♂️

Jakopplin

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed that the soft top on my bronco is starting to sag between the ribs and losing it's shape. I know I'm not the only one that has this. Is there an adjustment we can do to add some tension across the top once again?
So my soft top on my 4 door badlands has stretched to the point that my windows are not close to tight. My roof is sagging in-between the ribs as well. Ford is replacing the canvas on the top however I'm sure it will do it again soon. I've only had it since April and it already looks like a 90 year old woman (or man) with skin drooped over bones. Not a good look for sure. Sad really....

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is your first soft top car? It is normal
Sponsored