First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the videos they’ve shown with the Sport, it seems more than capable to handle a little bit of sand, especially in badlands trim. I’m willing to bet this was a mechanical failure of some kind, and not just stuck. Otherwise the recovery truck would have just yanked it out and not gone to the trouble of hooking up the front to tow.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And one did go to that shutdown mode for the pro gal in the sand....

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hate that Ford attached the name Bronco to this. It’s a decent little CUV, but in no way is what the Bronco legend/brand represents.
Yeah, but what else would they do? They’re trying to create a “brand” kinda like Jeep. This is their compass? Cherokee? If it’s just a Ford, it’s just a Ford, if that makes sense lol.

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I really hate that Ford attached the name Bronco to this. It’s a decent little CUV, but in no way is what the Bronco legend/brand represents.
My wife’s Sport BL+BL is more than a CUV. Stop thinking of the BS as an Escape, RAV4, or CRV. It is a capable off-roader. It is not a full size Bronco but it will go places.

I agree probably something mechanical.

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, but what else would they do? They’re trying to create a “brand” kinda like Jeep. This is their compass? Cherokee? If it’s just a Ford, it’s just a Ford, if that makes sense lol.
Yeah, I guess I get it.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife’s Sport BL+BL is more than a CUV. Stop thinking of the BS as an Escape, RAV4, or CRV. It is a capable off-roader. It is not a full size Bronco but it will go places.

I agree probably something mechanical.
Or they didn’t air down.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as everyone mocks the Bronco Sport (and trust me, I am not interested in buying one in the slightest), I do think it’s a fairly capable vehicle. It won’t stack up to the full-size Bronco, but it was never intended to.

I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Do I expect it to be a Wrangler and go anywhere a Wrangler can? No. However it is “Trail Rated” and is very capable off-road. The “pro” is I also get more comfort/luxury vs. a Wrangler.

At any rate, a Bronco Sport is still “in the family” so maybe cut it a bit of slack. We also don’t know the circumstance of this photo. Could have been a technology failure or could have very well been the driver was over his/her head - Who knows.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd bet a dollar if they had the right tire pressure they'd have a chance. I have done a bunch of wheeling on the beach and dunes on the east coast. Once even in a stock piece of crap Explorer with 4x4 but no limited slip or lockers. Tire spinners. But we got the tire pressure right and it was fine. So maybe mechanical failure?