Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hate that Ford attached the name Bronco to this. It’s a decent little CUV, but in no way is what the Bronco legend/brand represents.
Agreed.

In my opinion they should have given the Bronco Sport the Maverick nameplate (”Maverick Cross” has a good ring to it) and released that along with the Maverick pickup.

It would of been a good throwback to the mid-2000s Ford Maverick they sold in Europe. And since the Bronco Sport and Maverick share the same platform it makes a LOT more sense to me than using the Bronco name.

The Bronco Sport is a cool little crossover though. I almost got one after a very large oak tree in my back yard decided to spice up my life a bit by crushing three of my vehicles.
Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From the videos they’ve shown with the Sport, it seems more than capable to handle a little bit of sand, especially in badlands trim. I’m willing to bet this was a mechanical failure of some kind, and not just stuck. Otherwise the recovery truck would have just yanked it out and not gone to the trouble of hooking up the front to tow.
Without anything but a picture to go by, I have to agree with your analysis.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Knowing silver lake like I do, and having driven a tow truck for a lot of years, I can almost guarantee that they broke something, not stuck. That’s hooked up to tow them off the sand dunes.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re not doing a full hook up like that unless you’re hauling them out.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yea, having driven on tons of sand... I have a feeling something went wrong with the vehicle instead of the sand getting to them. 4hi and 15psi is really all you need for most sand.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, but what else would they do? They’re trying to create a “brand” kinda like Jeep. This is their compass? Cherokee? If it’s just a Ford, it’s just a Ford, if that makes sense lol.
They should’ve left Ford off of it if they were trying to make Bronco a brand. Plus they should’ve added another moniker to the actual Bronco to back that up.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should’ve left Ford off of it if they were trying to make Bronco a brand. Plus they should’ve added another moniker to the actual Bronco to back that up.
Well, the car is made by Ford so that wasn’t going to happen. Ford is trying to create an off road segment brand within Ford. They’re not going full Ram and creating a new manufacturer. They do want to open Bronco only dealerships so there may be a day you buy just a Bronco. Just like there are Jeep only dealers and also Jeep/dodge/Ram dealers.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In normal modes while driving over deep sand my bronco sport has performed better than gen2 Raptor I had before. I suspect being a lighter vehicle helps it out. I do miss Baja mode over sand and rock crawling in Raptor though.
Sponsored