Sponsored

Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum..

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A lot of what he says is absolutely true and undebatable. It just comes down to preference.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm sure most of them are happy to see some competition. It can't be fun being a European companies North American redheaded stepchild. Without Ford nipping at their heels corporate has no reason to invest in improving the wrangler.

I fight for the user consumer.- Some Ford product manager.... probably

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That review in white text, my comments in blue

Exterior
- Overall the exterior looks great in person. Seems a bit wider than my Wrangler but similar footprint.
- Big fan of the antimatter blue color, really deep and sparkly in person.
- Silver was fine. Doesn't have the gray ish gunmetal feel of the Wrangler silver.
- The soft top exterior looked fine until you get to the back windows. Even in closed position extremely wavy, fit and finish seemed very poor. same top manufacturers as Jeep, the bestop top on the Rubicon I rented looked like garbage as well, but it performed well
- I hate the trim level badges, if you'd even call them badges? Think refrigerator magnets. Agree 100%

Interior
- Interior was a huge let down. The overall quality seemed extremely low. Hard plastic everywhere out of what seemed like a 1990s van. Not sure if this person has ever been inside a JEEP? Jeep plastics are Chernobyl grade 1970's plastic, so how was this a let down?
- The inside ceiling of the soft top was maybe the worst part. Extremely loose and bare metal looking bars that were totally unfinished.
- Leather also felt extremely cheap. Thin, already wrinkled somehow, like you could rip it open with your fingernail. This does confirm they used the same quality "leather" as in my Ranger Lariat. It's the cheapest leather i've ever felt/touched from any auto maker. I would not select Ford's "leather" for my Bronco if they made it a free option. MGV was a huge improvement, IMHO
- The rear tail gate had this weird hydraulic arm to it which actually made opening it harder than the Wrangler. yes, so it doesn't sag. I guess this guy likes sagging tailgates?
- Also even though it's the wider car the trunk opening is way more narrow.
- There are these random blue plastic accents on the climate vents and other areas that looked and felt cheap.

Overall probably better looking in person than I was thinking. Interior and just the quality fit and finish in general noticeably lower than the Wrangler. Having driven both in Moab, and had plenty of back-to-back experience with Rubicon and Badlands, the interior of the Jeep was pretty much garbage. It's what you get when your union forced you to make 8 million units for the 200K you will sell just to hit the production quota.

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its hilarious at the other point of view. That Ford is of lesser quality than Mopar. JEEP IS TRASH. Specifically the more modern stuff. Lifter issues, rocker issues, the engineering behind them isn't impressive either. Since FIAT took them over I have been even less thrilled. Jeep is hard plastic trash. They are ragging on the accent colors, every RUBICON HAS A RED DASH

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got through about 6 pages. Not totally inaccurate and for the most part not rude. Maybe the later 20 pages went sideways, but from what I read it wasn't really "bashing" as much a critique and personal preferences.
Sponsored