Sponsored

Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum..

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I liked my LJ, I tried to buy a JK and here in MI they are absolutely horrible from a ride and handling perspective. Interior, styling, feel are all subjective. I think Stallantis or whatever it is now has good designers. That being said, in actual use I think the Bronco will perform nearly as well in some situations and much better in others. The 2.3 is much better than the Pentastar V6 and the 2.7 is only exceeded by the 392 that is a minimum of $15k more and in my case (BL 2.7, high package 4dr) it’s $22k more for drag racing rights. All good, fun rivalry, but I think the Bronco will hold its own!
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Typical Jeep lovers.

Well I can say I HATED the swing gate on my TJ. That thing would come back and slam me in the back all the time, not to mention it would not open all the way.

I'm sure when they hear the Bilsteins banging on the "pucks" they will say, this thing is junk listen to it.

They have no clue what is coming at them.

Wait till you blast down a trail and set at the end waiting for them to catch up. First thing I am going to say is ...... What took you so long.

😁

Last edited:

BreezyNVegas

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Made it through ALL 26 pages.
sounds a lot like here.
A lot of the same things noted are noted here in various threads.
There seems to be some respect there, we shall see.
I think there are dual-citizenship people on both forums. We need to smoke out the mole… Lol.
They were right about a lot of stuff, wrong on a lot also, just as people on here who have never even sat in a Jeep give their opinions on them.
Overall 8/10 would recommend, but the guy who spelled it “borco” cost them the extra point for getting 9/10.
I can't wait to get my Borco!

Sponsored

Ponyup

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, Nissan Armada, CX-3, Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jealousy is a terrible thing.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That review in white text, my comments in blue

Exterior
- Overall the exterior looks great in person. Seems a bit wider than my Wrangler but similar footprint.
- Big fan of the antimatter blue color, really deep and sparkly in person.
- Silver was fine. Doesn't have the gray ish gunmetal feel of the Wrangler silver.
- The soft top exterior looked fine until you get to the back windows. Even in closed position extremely wavy, fit and finish seemed very poor. same top manufacturers as Jeep, the bestop top on the Rubicon I rented looked like garbage as well, but it performed well
- I hate the trim level badges, if you'd even call them badges? Think refrigerator magnets. Agree 100%

Interior
- Interior was a huge let down. The overall quality seemed extremely low. Hard plastic everywhere out of what seemed like a 1990s van. Not sure if this person has ever been inside a JEEP? Jeep plastics are Chernobyl grade 1970's plastic, so how was this a let down?
- The inside ceiling of the soft top was maybe the worst part. Extremely loose and bare metal looking bars that were totally unfinished.
- Leather also felt extremely cheap. Thin, already wrinkled somehow, like you could rip it open with your fingernail. This does confirm they used the same quality "leather" as in my Ranger Lariat. It's the cheapest leather i've ever felt/touched from any auto maker. I would not select Ford's "leather" for my Bronco if they made it a free option. MGV was a huge improvement, IMHO
- The rear tail gate had this weird hydraulic arm to it which actually made opening it harder than the Wrangler. yes, so it doesn't sag. I guess this guy likes sagging tailgates?
- Also even though it's the wider car the trunk opening is way more narrow.
- There are these random blue plastic accents on the climate vents and other areas that looked and felt cheap.

Overall probably better looking in person than I was thinking. Interior and just the quality fit and finish in general noticeably lower than the Wrangler. Having driven both in Moab, and had plenty of back-to-back experience with Rubicon and Badlands, the interior of the Jeep was pretty much garbage. It's what you get when your union forced you to make 8 million units for the 200K you will sell just to hit the production quota.
Could not have responded better. *first bump*

I was on the fence to buy a Rubicon for several years and never could do it. Honestly, it checked a lot of boxes for my needs but the thought of paying $60k for one of the Wranglers made my stomach queasy.

I can see how Jeep diehards feel threatened but I'll just say, even with all of this wait, it is already worth it for me. I can't wait to get behind the wheel of my Bronco and no other vehicle has even come close to grabbing my attention (to say the least) like this has.

I was finally able to see and sit in a couple of them a few weeks ago. I'll just say that I am officially a Broncofanatic. Looking forward to the experiences I will have in it.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My daughter and I both had 2014 Wranglers JKUS, lots of various problems. She traded in and got a 2020 JL, took it back after one week because some serious electrical issues and got a 4 Runner. From what I saw of the roadshow Broncos they do have better interiors.

I am hoping that Ford brings the quality, and that the hard tops don’t leak. :rolleyes:

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fca...I have a dodge ram. Never had a vehicle with so many random electrical issues. My cruise control goes out all the time...the solution? I hit the steering wheel and boom it comes back. Also service air
Bag light goes off every time I get in...the solution? I slide my seat forward and back 3 times and it turns off. Not to mention the exhaust manifold that has been remachined twice, ohh and the 3 recalls i haven't gone in for yet.
Let's not talk about quality....

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The plastic interior thing from anyone abouy any brand makes me chuckle. I really love the comment from car reviews in like a base fiesta...no chit...a 20k car is not done in fine leather and real walnut accents tied into a fiber optic led Alcantara headliner.

Plastic to plastic outside of strength and uv mix the only real hands on comments outside of long term tests are surface texture, design, color, and how well it is put together in place. All first part of that is at best tactile opinion with the last part being engendered and fit/finish.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
- The rear tail gate had this weird hydraulic arm to it which actually made opening it harder than the Wrangler. yes, so it doesn't sag. I guess this guy likes sagging tailgates?
That's how some guys roll. Me, I like nice firm, tight tailgates that don't sag... ;)

Clem

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought it was funny how they compared it to the Scout and never even mentioned it's likeness to the original Bronco. I've only ridden in a few Jeeps over my lifespan but they never came off as leading edge on the interior department. I saw a Jeep and a Bronco in person that were pretty near to each other and the looks did not compare. The Jeep looked dated, old and boxy in the same view as the Bronco. Not really a knock on Jeep but a nod to Bronco.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I found the most interesting is how so many posts bagged on the Broncos IFS, and yet there's such high talk of Toyotas. I guess Toyota got IFS right but Ford doesn't know how to do it?

But there was one post that I saw that hands down was 100%....

Ford Bronco Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum.. E3D375E5-00BB-4A76-94E2-465D1DA0F54F
Sponsored