Sponsored

Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum..

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So to be honest - the South East Dealer Mall Crawler Tour was pretty underwhelming. Like I walked away much less certain underwhelming.

There are things about the Jeep I like better:
- real hand brake
- transfer case lever
- actual tach and speedo
- dash looks nicer overall
- leather that actually is taughtly fit
- windshield visibility seems taller
- lighter interior color choices
- "feels" a little more high end

There are things I like about the Bronco better
- hero switches up high where they can be seen
- can use front locker w/o rear
- swaybar disconnect engages over 20 and then disengages again automatically under 20
- aux switches up high
- 4WP BYOD rail
- 12" synch4 w/ wireless carplay
- MGV

Overall, they are both utilitarian vehicle interiors, as they should be. And the four doors are very similar in size. The Bronco two door is bigger.

As a Jeep owner, they will know they have a vehicle designed with a little less frills in the drivetrain, and thus better extreme terrain survivability and repairability - and at less cost they can build in more clearance and articulation for that extreme terrain.

As a Bronco owner, we will know we have better ride for the 97%+ use case, can go faster on the trail comfortably, and have more power and torque. The Bronco will also be easier to use. (Engaging front lockers on a Rubicon is an exercise in patience. And when the swaybar reconnects, you have to disconnect it again next time you slow down.) We can still do the extreme terrain, but some things that could fail are not trail repairable.

Embrace the differences and see how it proves out in the aftermarket and on the trail I say.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added leather to my order later. Some of the comments have me regretting it. We’ve been pretty happy with the leather in my wife’s explorer

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing they’ve said hasn’t been complained about here so that’s not shocking. Also not shocking that their forum reads just like this forum every time someone mentions the other vehicle.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A lot of what he says is absolutely true and undebatable. It just comes down to preference.
I agree. The "cheap blue vent accents" the Jeep OP disliked because they looked cheap - I totally agree with.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Eh, eh, eh……the tailgate is too heavy. Go to the gym, get the sand off your clit and bow up Alice…..but at least that was a functionality complaint. Seems a little rich that the vast majority of the Jeep community, that supposedly places so much value and emphasis on open air, off road capability and performance, complaints primarily focus on superficial and appearance issues. I get it that they weren’t allowed to drive them, but they have to be able to see the technology and functional capabilities of the Bronco and the disparity between the stock Bronco and Jeep.

I would venture to say that when/if these same critics get the opportunity to experience the Bronco at 60mph on a washboard road, trail turn assist, sway bar disco, and versatility of highway to trail, etc., they will be less concerned about the feel/look of the plastic. Oh, and you don’t like the fender flares?…..you can literally remove and replace them in 5 minutes.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eh, eh, eh……the tailgate is too heavy. Go to the gym, get the sand off your clit and bow up Alice…..but at least that was a functionality complaint. Seems a little rich that the vast majority of the Jeep community, that supposedly places so much value and emphasis on open air, off road capability and performance, complaints primarily focus on superficial and appearance issues. I get it that they weren’t allowed to drive them, but they have to be able to see the technology and functional capabilities of the Bronco and the disparity between the stock Bronco and Jeep.

I would venture to say that when/if these same critics get the opportunity to experience the Bronco at 60mph on a washboard road, trail turn assist, sway bar disco, and versatility of highway to trail, etc., they will be less concerned about the feel/look of the plastic. Oh, and you don’t like the fender flares?…..you can literally remove and replace them in 5 minutes.
Have you opened the tailgate? Just curious. I did a few weeks ago and that shock they installed makes it feels like you’re pushing a Boulder out of the way to get to a Indiana Jones level treasure. It feels unnecessarily stiff.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

haters will hate. people who have closed minds will always have a closed mind = negative mind.
love the one comment that said they hate the boxy style of the bronco. but isn't the jeep boxy? it's hilarious. lol

imo, i dislike the SFA and the interior of the jeep. also not a fan of the engines of the jeeps.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you opened the tailgate? Just curious. I did a few weeks ago and that shock they installed makes it feels like you’re pushing a Boulder out of the way to get to a Indiana Jones level treasure. It feels unnecessarily stiff.
I haven’t, but I’ve watched the Bronco Nation (mr. puffy vest) dude that’s not exactly a physical specimen of masculinity swing it around like he was opening his grandmas cupboard. I believe, from video, that it’s the resistance and catch points that people are feeling, designed to keep the gate from swinging back and hitting you,

Last edited:

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The very first comment saying the Bronco is too boxy....there's not a single curved line on a Jeep!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t, but I’ve watched the Bronco Nation (mr. puffy vest) dude that’s not exactly a physical specimen of masculinity swing it around like he was opening his grandmas cupboard. I believe, from video, that it’s the resistance and catch points that people are feeling, designed to keep the gate from swinging back and hitting you,
I can agree with that, probably the way it was engineered. But I too was a little shocked by how hard it felt to open lol. I’m not complaining about it but I have a feeling it might loosen with time too.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can agree with that, probably the way it was engineered. But I too was a little shocked by how hard it felt to open lol. I’m not complaining about it but I have a feeling it might loosen with time too.
It's possible to get gas struts in different rates if you do the leg work to match up something. Do you think that would help?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's possible to get gas struts in different rates if you do the leg work to match up something. Do you think that would help?
Possible. I’m curious to see what people think when they get them and if they loosen after some use.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there are dual-citizenship people on both forums. We need to smoke out the mole… Lol.
Dual bronco6g/jlwranglerforum citizen here so I might be the mole you speak of, lol :ROFLMAO: .

As others have stated, its more personal preference although I think the OP made a lot of valid points. The interior materials (aluminum, soft plastic, leather dash) of the JL seem to fit MY personal preference for design better but that doesn't necessarily make the Bronco's interior cheap. In fact, I like elements like the Badland’s orange accents as it helps to brighten up the inside a bit.

Glad we live in a time when both Jeep and Ford are producing some stellar off-road SUV’s

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dual bronco6g/jlwranglerforum citizen here so I might be the mole you speak of, lol :ROFLMAO: .

As others have stated, its more personal preference although I think the OP made a lot of valid points. The interior materials (aluminum, soft plastic, leather dash) of the JL seem to fit MY personal preference for design better but that doesn't necessarily make the Bronco's interior cheap. In fact, I like elements like the Badland’s orange accents as it helps to brighten up the inside a bit.

Glad we live in a time when both Jeep and Ford are producing some stellar off-road SUV’s
Lol, no worries.
I'm a member of two Jeep forums, one of which is a ghost town.
Being as I have a TJ, I can't be with the cool JL or even the JK tribes.
And having one that old kind of makes the forum traffic a bit lighter.
Also a member of Chevy truck forums (new ones for mine and several older ones because the majority of what I restore end up being older Chevy trucks from 1948-86).

And agreed. I think there will be good natured ribbing always but once these things start hitting trails we (Jeep guys and Bronco guys, and moles like us who will have both) aren't going to care a bit about what name is on the grille.
Sponsored