Sponsored

Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum..

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with many points he made:
-The badges are stickers. Poorly done.
-The leather isn’t good. I do like the MGV though.
-The accent colors attached to trim level is not a good idea. Some colors don’t go together. No bueno
-The rear tailgate is harder to open. I hope 🤞 this means longevity.
-the soft top isn’t as tight as it could be, but I think it is very similar/identical to the new Jeep’s.

What I disagree with:
-Bronco interior is a little nicer compared to Jeep. But they are both full of plastic and not in anyway luxurious. They shouldn’t be IMHO.
-I don’t know the measurements of the rear openings. But the bronco has to be wider than the wrangler. It looks and feels wider to me. But I haven’t seen them side by side.
-again disagree with his soft top assessment. I feel it’s nearly identical in terms of finish to the Jeep.
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got through about 6 pages. Not totally inaccurate and for the most part not rude. Maybe the later 20 pages went sideways, but from what I read it wasn't really "bashing" as much a critique and personal preferences.
I agree. They actually make a lot of points you read on this forum.
And of course some people that are brand loyal just like we have on this forum.
But there were also a lot of compliments.
It's all good.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That review in white text, my comments in blue

Exterior
- Overall the exterior looks great in person. Seems a bit wider than my Wrangler but similar footprint.
- Big fan of the antimatter blue color, really deep and sparkly in person.
- Silver was fine. Doesn't have the gray ish gunmetal feel of the Wrangler silver.
- The soft top exterior looked fine until you get to the back windows. Even in closed position extremely wavy, fit and finish seemed very poor. same top manufacturers as Jeep, the bestop top on the Rubicon I rented looked like garbage as well, but it performed well
- I hate the trim level badges, if you'd even call them badges? Think refrigerator magnets. Agree 100%

Interior
- Interior was a huge let down. The overall quality seemed extremely low. Hard plastic everywhere out of what seemed like a 1990s van. Not sure if this person has ever been inside a JEEP? Jeep plastics are Chernobyl grade 1970's plastic, so how was this a let down?
- The inside ceiling of the soft top was maybe the worst part. Extremely loose and bare metal looking bars that were totally unfinished.
- Leather also felt extremely cheap. Thin, already wrinkled somehow, like you could rip it open with your fingernail. This does confirm they used the same quality "leather" as in my Ranger Lariat. It's the cheapest leather i've ever felt/touched from any auto maker. I would not select Ford's "leather" for my Bronco if they made it a free option. MGV was a huge improvement, IMHO
- The rear tail gate had this weird hydraulic arm to it which actually made opening it harder than the Wrangler. yes, so it doesn't sag. I guess this guy likes sagging tailgates?
- Also even though it's the wider car the trunk opening is way more narrow.
- There are these random blue plastic accents on the climate vents and other areas that looked and felt cheap.

Overall probably better looking in person than I was thinking. Interior and just the quality fit and finish in general noticeably lower than the Wrangler. Having driven both in Moab, and had plenty of back-to-back experience with Rubicon and Badlands, the interior of the Jeep was pretty much garbage. It's what you get when your union forced you to make 8 million units for the 200K you will sell just to hit the production quota.
I don't think that gas piston on the gate is to help hold it up...they're not designed for forces perpendicular to them...that's what the hinges are for...

But no, for the record, I'm with you, I don't want saggy anythings.

Also agree with Jeep poster that the orange/blue/what-color-will-they sprinkle in-my-base/please-not-fuchsia interior accents were a mistake.

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man I never had any idea that people were so judgy about what others are driving until I joined a car forum.
Goes both ways I suppose. I’ve always wanted a jeep but never liked the look, just the functionality and top off aspect. Oh god and don’t even get me started on the new Cherokee 🤮

Look at me being a judgy llama

C3BCEA6F-AC04-4D76-9A6A-A2DC0F3AB8E9.jpeg

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nobody there is going to laugh when they get absolutely smoked at the red light by even the 2.3 Bronco. Basically all of the “Jeep person” arguments boil down to:

1. No SFA
2. “I’ve seen them around town and they’re tiny and lame”
3. It looks like an FJ
4. 392 is better
5. FoUnD oN rOaDsIdE dEaD
6. Everyone wants 37’s or 40’s and it’ll be expensive to do that on Bronco (even though a huge majority of jeeps are on 35’s or smaller)
7. Interior quality is worse (I’ll be the judge of that. I’ll be honest I really don’t mind the interior in my 2010, sure it’s simple but it hardly rattles at all so I’m sure either one will be way more than adequate.)

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Read a bit and as a former Wrangler owner I agree with some of what they said but I also felt a lot of the same things could be said about the Wrangler. For example, the plastic interior feeling is about the same as a Jeep imo, and while not great compared to a other vehicles when I sat/touched one a few months ago it felt similar is it's plastic feel, so im not sure what some of them are on about.

Some comments sounded like flat out fanboy talk because the Wrangler isn't the only contender anymore

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have owned a Jeep, and quite a few Fords.

Ford interiors are way better than Jeep.
Ford electronics are lightyears better than Jeep.

Where Ford fails on it's interiors is they don't stand up to heat. Mustangs with glued interior panels that literally peel off. Console lids that get brittle and crack. I actually see F-150s where the console lid has been replaced by a wooden cutting board here in Phoenix quite a bit. Not everyone lives in Mina-so-cold.

But I never had a $300 switch go bad and prevent me from starting a Ford (looking at you Jeep Neutral Safety switch)
Never warped a head because a temperature sensor went bad on a Ford
(looking at you Jeep aux fan temp sensor)
Never had a Ford kill a battery because of a phantom drain that nobody could ever track down.
(yeah, same Jeep)

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made it through ALL 26 pages.
sounds a lot like here.
A lot of the same things noted are noted here in various threads.
There seems to be some respect there, we shall see.
I think there are dual-citizenship people on both forums. We need to smoke out the mole… Lol.
They were right about a lot of stuff, wrong on a lot also, just as people on here who have never even sat in a Jeep give their opinions on them.
Overall 8/10 would recommend, but the guy who spelled it “borco” cost them the extra point for getting 9/10.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got through about 6 pages. Not totally inaccurate and for the most part not rude. Maybe the later 20 pages went sideways, but from what I read it wasn't really "bashing" as much a critique and personal preferences.
I slogged to the end. More of the same throughout, eventually ending talking about chips and sales.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs