Sponsored

Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum..

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, I never owned a Jeep, I do like them, but never really give any attention to the Jeep crowd in general but after reading a few of these post, well I believe there are a lot of idiots out there driving Jeeps...

Critical points about the interior, soft tops, ect, ect... are one thing but some of the other narrow minded idiotic comments..... Whew cant wait to pull my first Jeep out of the mud hole or ditch.

We will be at war! lol
Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is a good quote.... Wonder if he looked at his ride lately?

"Not a fan of the boxy body style and yes, the interior looked gimmicky and plastic added to the cheap look"

Jeep.jpg

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven’t, but I’ve watched the Bronco Nation (mr. puffy vest) dude that’s not exactly a physical specimen of masculinity swing it around like he was opening his grandmas cupboard. I believe, from video, that it’s the resistance and catch points that people are feeling, designed to keep the gate from swinging back and hitting you,
Jeeps have to upgrade the rear tailgate hinges to aftermarket hinges, so that they can handle the weight of a 35 inch spare tire.

Dave_1978

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as the interior debate....

Look, most of us click buy a year ago when we say the showcase designs(Saddle leather and White Marine V). They hit the ball out of the park then and the actually production designs were a huge let down for me. I test drove some Jeeps while waiting for Bronco to be built (still waiting) but ended up getting the Baby Bronce BL after lease was up.

While I can't compare Jeep to Bronco, I can compare Baby Bronco to Bronco and honest; I think the BB has a nicer looking interior in terms of material used and over all design scheme. The seats maybe "Active X" F.Leather but the inner are is proliferated with a suede area on the shoulder and headrest. The BB also has hard plastics but molded to for a more rough granite texture along with huge soft touch areas on the doors and dash.

Just seems odd that they didn't try to use the same type of materials on the Bronco, maybe ease of cleaning.

And yes Ford, I still want this:

Ford Bronco Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum.. 2021-ford-bronco

2021-ford-bronco-suv-launch-20.jpg

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all!

I'm the guy who started that Bronco thread on the Jeep forum! Learned a bit since that Bronco event. Love my Jeep but also huge fan of the Bronco, just sharing some thoughts!

Interior:
- I've since learned what I saw in person was the marine grade leather. I'm not a huge leather fan in general so I'd be going for the cloth regardless OR the standard leather. As mentioned family member has an F150, leather seems great on that.
- In terms of the hard plastics ETC I was expecting F150 and it just seemed to fall short, maybe was the demo model? For example the window switches etc felt a bit lighter and cheaper than I was expected. The cup holder plastic felt thin, the plastic region above the dash seemed a little flimsy. Comparing to the wrangler of course, the Jeep has hard plastics I do feel theyre just a bit most substantial feeling.
- The larger Bronco screen no comparison to my Wrangler, size matters :)
- My biggest issue was with the accent colors. I'm just not a big fan of the blue and yellow accents, but I've seen other Bronco photos that don't have these colors?
- Overall I really love the look and feel, it's not 100% flawless but neither is the Wrangler.

Exterior:
- Overall I love it and in the certain configuration I'd say I may give it a slight edge over my Wrangler.
- Personally I think the 4 door Wrangler is better looking in terms of lines and proportions over the 4 door Bronco. That opinion could sway if depending on the config.
- I'm a HUGE fan of the 2 door Bronco. I think the proportions are spot on and I'd probably pick it as the favorite over the Wrangler.
- I haven't seen a set of wheels I truly love but some are really nice. Wrangler kindof the same thing, a few are gross.
- Can't speak to reliability, but Bronco wins easily in terms of engine choices
- I understand the soft top manufacturer is the same on Bronco and Wrangler. That being said I still believe what I saw at the demo was several levels below the Wranglers soft top. Specifically how it appears to be looser fitting on top and how the rear window is wavy. It's a moot point for me as I would get a hard top.

Final thoughts:
- As mentioned I LOVE the new Bronco, and in the right setup could even give it slight edge over Wrangler.
- I cannot speak to off roading as the closest thing I do is drive on beach.
- I leased a 2018 JL and now own a 2021 JL. If the timing worked better and was able to get a similar discount I would have seriously considered the Bronco.
- Photos below are current Wrangler vs Bronco I'd love to purchase. Also love antimatter, would get LEDs maybe some other goodies but get the gist.

Ford Bronco Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum.. 2021-ford-bronco-suv-launch-20
Ford Bronco Stumbled across this on Wrangler Forum.. 2021-ford-bronco-suv-launch-20
Was the Bronco you seen one for sale or a pre production model?
I have read on various forums that the pre production models are not the same quality as the actual production models.
I have not had the luxury of seeing one yet, living in Alaska we don't get to see shit! Hopefully mine gets built on 12July and I can let you know what I think sometime in Aug. lol
Thanks for the post.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As far as the interior debate....

Look, most of us click buy a year ago when we say the showcase designs(Saddle leather and White Marine V). They hit the ball out of the park then and the actually production designs were a huge let down for me. I test drove some Jeeps while waiting for Bronco to be built (still waiting) but ended up getting the Baby Bronce BL after lease was up.

While I can't compare Jeep to Bronco, I can compare Baby Bronco to Bronco and honest; I think the BB has a nicer looking interior in terms of material used and over all design scheme. The seats maybe "Active X" F.Leather but the inner are is proliferated with a suede area on the shoulder and headrest. The BB also has hard plastics but molded to for a more rough granite texture along with huge soft touch areas on the doors and dash.

Just seems odd that they didn't try to use the same type of materials on the Bronco, maybe ease of cleaning.

And yes Ford, I still want this:

Man I really like that white and blue marine grade vinyl that was first seen a year or so ago. Im not a white interior kind of guy and common sense probably would have swayed me in another direction but it looked great.

BkCntryCrwlr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wrangler (noun) -- a ranch hand who takes care of horses.
bronco (noun) -- a rough, wild horse that renders the wrangler powerless.

🤣
For those of you that didn't read the fine print!

Last edited:

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you opened the tailgate? Just curious. I did a few weeks ago and that shock they installed makes it feels like you’re pushing a Boulder out of the way to get to a Indiana Jones level treasure. It feels unnecessarily stiff.
One the people that have already received their Bronco mentioned that they had to train themselves to open the tailgate and let the cylinder finish opening it.

If you try to open it all the way your actually fighting the hydraulic assist.

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Was the Bronco you seen one for sale or a pre production model?
I have read on various forums that the pre production models are not the same quality as the actual production models.
I have not had the luxury of seeing one yet, living in Alaska we don't get to see shit! Hopefully mine gets built on 12July and I can let you know what I think sometime in Aug. lol
Thanks for the post.
Not sure if I saw pre production but assuming so. Was the Broncos they take from dealer to dealer for show and tell events. Really curious to see the 2 door and hard top in person! I love the new completion for Jeep though Itl be a good thing for both brands to our do each other.

Sponsored

Caiden16

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If anyone is buying a Jeep or a Bronco for the feel of luxury and gold leaf padded panties for seats with a glade plug in for the 400 w power outlet. Let’s break out the vw plastic flower for the camera mount on the dash. Maybe some memory foam inserts in the seats so it leaves an ass imprint when you get out. Upgrade to the eyelashes on the front leds and some long velvet shag carpet with some tassels hanging from those side mirrors. We have went from bad ass rigs and wheeling to fashion critics. I grew up with all 3 Broncos even the Bronco ll , everyone had Jeep’s , Toyota trucks before Tacoma and Tundra. Yeah vehicles are more expensive now but that’s life then you die . People are missing the point on what these vehicles are. Who cares it’s all about fun, Jeep, Bronco, whatever ..keep waiting for the holy grail.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I laughed at “it doesn’t even have fog lights”

I’m waiting to see a “wow, they don’t even have an angry eyes aftermarket grille yet”

bokirby

Big Bend
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 435i Xdrive
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I truly do not understand the complaint about the plastics in an off road, open top vehicle. Jeep’s wrangler fans have seemingly decided the Wrangler is a luxury vehicle with high end leathers and no plastic. Meanwhile the Bronco offers better technology around every corner, and has already pushed jeep forward, as they have had to catch up with the “extreme recon package”. There is a strong bias from these Jeep folks, that most likely won’t go away

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is a good quote.... Wonder if he looked at his ride lately?

"Not a fan of the boxy body style and yes, the interior looked gimmicky and plastic added to the cheap look"

LOL, "boxy".

This quote caught my attention: " Can’t wait 18-24 months so instead I ordered a new 2.0 2021 JLUR to replace my Lemon Lawed 3.6 2020 JLUR. "

We own a Jeep and while the reliability of the Bronco is unknown, the reliability of Jeep is known... Despite their off road prowess, I won't buy one again.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only thing I agree with these special jeep folks are the flares.. All of them are awful. My first mod will probably be the flare delete.
Sponsored