Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I FINALLY took delivery of my Bronco last week and reading up on all the windshield issues I was dreading driving this thing on the highway. We took it to work on Monday, first time, and on the way in…SMACK…I heard it and thought sonofabish I can’t get to work one day without a hit? I checked and it looks like i took a rock hit about 1/4” away from the edge of the glass!

We’ll I was like nope not gonna keep playing this game, yea I have good insurance and it covers rock chips/cracks 100% but not worth the hassle. Went ahead and bought the windshield film from Targe, gonna give it a try. Could totally be wasting my money, falling for the good ol’ snake oil…but I figure I’d try! Fingers crossed!
Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks. I saw tons of complaining online and sort of dismissed it. I’ve owned old Jeeps for 20 years and the humvee for 3. I thought to myself these babies…they don’t know what it’s like owning such a boxy car.

I took delivery of my bronco last week. It had a few small pinhead sized chips already. I just took my first actual chip today at 126 miles.

Does ford use butter when choosing a material to make the windshields in these things?

Sorry for thinking everyone complaining were babies. Your complaints were valid.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea I’m with you, I’ve had multiple cars with a crap ton of chips in them, never a good thing but damn this glass is just crap, hell you spit at it sideways and it’ll probably chip!

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
On that side note, can anyone give some recommendations for a way to protect windshields? I was of the understanding that you can't put a lining in the windshield in any way as it's illegal due to causing visibility issues. (Texas)

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We’ll the windshield protection films are ok to use because they’re clear. Hell they even have clear UV blocking tint you can add to your windshield but I’m not going that route yet (I’m in Arlington, TX).

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a film on mine and took a rock driving from DC to Texas. The film did its job. I'm very pleased.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought the factory option hood lip with the raised hump. Stops nearly everything from reaching the windshield. WAY more effective than I imagined....
I bought the deflector that mounts onto the front of the hood as well, hoping that the cobination of the two helps at least a little bit.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm having Crystal Fusion applied today. I was told it "makes glass more resilient towards cracks" aside of it's anti glare and hydrophobic properties. The dealership gave me a deal on the application so I figured it can't hurt.

has anyone used this before? I had it many years ago on my VW but it also had a very low profile windshield compared to the bronco.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having Crystal Fusion applied today. I was told it "makes glass more resilient towards cracks" aside of it's anti glare and hydrophobic properties. The dealership gave me a deal on the application so I figured it can't hurt.

has anyone used this before? I had it many years ago on my VW but it also had a very low profile windshield compared to the bronco.
Curious how this would work in the frozen months with an ice scraper / snow brush. I see you're in MN. You've already had some of that weather.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I FINALLY took delivery of my Bronco last week and reading up on all the windshield issues I was dreading driving this thing on the highway. We took it to work on Monday, first time, and on the way in…SMACK…I heard it and thought sonofabish I can’t get to work one day without a hit? I checked and it looks like i took a rock hit about 1/4” away from the edge of the glass!

We’ll I was like nope not gonna keep playing this game, yea I have good insurance and it covers rock chips/cracks 100% but not worth the hassle. Went ahead and bought the windshield film from Targe, gonna give it a try. Could totally be wasting my money, falling for the good ol’ snake oil…but I figure I’d try! Fingers crossed!
As far as I heard the film works great.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
snake oil

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah it sucks. I had bought a brand new Challenger and less than 100 miles.....a good rock chip. On the Bronco, day 2 I had ExoShield installed. So far so good but I still dread driving on the Freeway or major highways. With this more upright windshield I think we all need to be a little more proactive. These shield treatments are expensive too.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious how this would work in the frozen months with an ice scraper / snow brush. I see you're in MN. You've already had some of that weather.
I had to get the compound reapplied every 6-8 months on the VW. I’m assuming I will need that with this too. I’m curious how much stronger this will make the glass.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks. I saw tons of complaining online and sort of dismissed it. I’ve owned old Jeeps for 20 years and the humvee for 3. I thought to myself these babies…they don’t know what it’s like owning such a boxy car.

I took delivery of my bronco last week. It had a few small pinhead sized chips already. I just took my first actual chip today at 126 miles.

Does ford use butter when choosing a material to make the windshields in these things?

Sorry for thinking everyone complaining were babies. Your complaints were valid.
Owned my Jeep for 10 years now, never even a chip. 117 miles on Bronco and I'd swear it was a pebble (the size of 5 grains of dirt) hit the windshield and chipped it. So small it exploded on the glass. Only reason I noticed was the remnants of the dust. Left a needle point sized defection on the glass, so got it repaired the next day. I will never mow grass around this thing. Grass clippings could take it out easily and that's only a half tongue in cheek joke. Honestly, anything more than a grain of sand should be a concern.
Sponsored