Sponsored

Sturdy prop for soft top back window (to drive with back window raised)?

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I’m sitting here thinking. A problem for me is the ability to drive with the soft top back window raised. I want to put rods,etc with the tips out the back to transport them to my boat. The prop that is provided on the top will not keep the window up if you hi rough roads or even a bump. I saw the after market hood support and figured that something like that might work. Anyone else been thinking of this?
Sponsored

Bubba007

Wildtrak
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 platinum supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I’m sitting here thinking. A problem for me is the ability to drive with the soft top back window raised. I want to put rods,etc with the tips out the back to transport them to my boat. The prop that is provided on the top will not keep the window up if you hi rough roads or even a bump. I saw the after market hood support and figured that something like that might work. Anyone else been thinking of this?
One option you may want to consider is tie the prop down to tie down on floor in back of bronco when in open position. I would think this would hold in place if tied taught.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe just take the back window portion off?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe just take the back window portion off?
Nah, too easy. So would rolling it up like tent flaps and securing with velcro but since I do not have mine yet cannot even picture if it could be rolled up (probably includes corners which would prevent that)

But a velcro strap around the cross bars of the roll cage might be a place to start - or, or, wait for it.....

lay some rod holder pvc pipes over the cage and out the back far enough to hold the panel up

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah, too easy. So would rolling it up like tent flaps and securing with velcro but since I do not have mine yet cannot even picture if it could be rolled up (probably includes corners which would prevent that)

But a velcro strap around the cross bars of the roll cage might be a place to start - or, or, wait for it.....

lay some rod holder pvc pipes over the cage and out the back far enough to hold the panel up
It can’t be rolled up. The sides are hard plastic and would prevent that.

Reactions: R11

Sponsored

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused. What are you trying to do? I have the soft top. I either drive with the first section just flipped back or I take out the 3 back windows and the whole top goes down around the cargo area.

Why would you just want the back cargo area raised while driving?

If it's to get ventilation (which I don't think would be different than just having the top flipped back) just remove it... Takes all of 5 seconds.

Same answer if it's for storage that won't fit. Just remove it.

Unless I'm totally missing the point which is possible....

We went camping and brought fishing rods. They just laid from the cargo area out above the back seats and had no problem with the top down. Would have been fine with the top up too.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm confused. What are you trying to do? I have the soft top. I either drive with the first section just flipped back or I take out the 3 back windows and the whole top goes down around the cargo area.

Why would you just want the back cargo area raised while driving?

If it's to get ventilation (which I don't think would be different than just having the top flipped back) just remove it... Takes all of 5 seconds.

Same answer if it's for storage that won't fit. Just remove it.

Unless I'm totally missing the point which is possible....

We went camping and brought fishing rods. They just laid from the cargo area out above the back seats and had no problem with the top down. Would have been fine with the top up too.
Slow news day Friday musings.

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm actually very interested in this. Also, I'm looking for an aftermarket option to keep the hood propped all the way up while driving? For ventilation and what not...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ll file this under “How to not get your busted top covered under warranty”. :LOL:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rear windows are removable. Wow.