Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, '77 Super Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep has maintained the same iconic look for a very long time. Very little evolution in the exterior styling, and I really like that about Jeeps.

Will Ford do something similar with the Bronco and try to keep the same look over the long haul, or will they evolve the look of the exterior like they have done in the past with all of their platforms?

I am torn on what I prefer, I like the way Jeeps have always looked relatively the same. But I also like the way the F Series trucks change every few years. The Mustang came back strong when the retro came out in 2005, and it has evolved very nicely since then.

Just curious if this look will last for a long period or will it evolve quickly.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Damo44

Damo44

Badlands
First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, '77 Super Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a good point. The FJ was highly anticipated, and I thought it was a great ride, but it fizzled out fast.

I think (and hope) Ford is in this for the long haul, they nailed the look, they are marketing it well, tons of accessories... I do not think they are going to let this one fizzle out quickly.

But like always, It depends on sales.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theyā€™ll go square headlights at some point

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeeps long toothed styling hurts them in some respects. The average consumer, who doesn't care about the fine details of how one generation improves over another has no real reason to buy new.

Considering the lengths Ford went to, to mimic (pay homage to?) the EB, I'd guess the basic design is around for a while. At least a solid 1st gen run. Besides, the money maker is really in the accessories. They're going to have enthusiasts like us on the hook for quite a while.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is a box with wheels anything would be a positive.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hard to improve on perfection. But I imagine we might see some minor face lifts down the road. I'll bet the grilles will be the first to change in a few years.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford is not going to be as dead set on "heritage styling" as Jeep. Just look at the evolution of the Mustang over the years in general and since 2005 specifically.

Also, Ford avoided a lot of the mistakes that Toyota made with the FJ. The FJ will always be a bit like the Honda Element or the Chevy SSR/HHR - too weird for mass market appeal.

I think Ford has a much higher chance of success with their approach at "retro heritage" more like the Dodge Challenger or, well, the Jeep Wrangler.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully they won't tweak it too much and it gets away from what it is. Kind of like what they did with the Gen 5 Mustang.

stedydrizl

Outer Banks
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree Jeep Wrangler styling still holds up and really like it. I am however a Ford man but I am hoping the finished product on the 6G is done right. With all they pre production photos and rendering I have seen some ugly cheap looking plastic along with Ugly Grills. I think Ford knows what looks good as it has been rendered in their Ads, now to actually make it for us.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Jeeps long toothed styling hurts them in some respects. The average consumer, who doesn't care about the fine details of how one generation improves over another has no real reason to buy new.

Considering the lengths Ford went to, to mimic (pay homage to?) the EB, I'd guess the basic design is around for a while. At least a solid 1st gen run. Besides, the money maker is really in the accessories. They're going to have enthusiasts like us on the hook for quite a while.
Yep, Jeep's long-toothed style is really hurting them:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/jeep-wrangler-record-sales-coronavirus-pandemic

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-2020-jeep-gladiator-has-been-a-pandemic-sales-success/

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/long-term-test-of-the-2019-wrangler-proves-nothing/

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jee...wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-long-term-verdict/

Net: People are buying Jeeps because they are Jeeps, and the Jeep-ness is just part of the experience.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time will tell. But considering their main competitor, and who they are gunning after, I would think that they would mimic the successes of the Jeep vehicle as much as possible. If they want to build a long lasting household name like Jeep then they will try to keep that signature Bronco look over time. I think they have managed nicely to keep that Bronco feel in this new vehicle.

apw100

Base
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
This wonā€™t be an FJ situation. Toyota had one job- produce a ā€œJKā€ but more refined and with Toyota reliability. They failed. Instead, we got a cheerful, plasticky looking SUV that had terrible visibility and lacked the primary design features that made the original FJ and JK unique- removable doors and roof. I was incredibly disappointed.
Iā€™m not saying that it wasnā€™t a good vehicle, it was, it just wasnā€™t the JK competitor that people like my myself had been hoping for.
The Bronco, on the other hand, seems to be giving us everything we asked for and the publicā€™s reception has been overwhelmingly positive. As long as Ford doesnā€™t do something disastrous, the Bronco should sell like crazy.

Jtycho

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I happen to think the EB is aesthetically perfect. Like a 911, Iā€™d prefer to see evolution rather than revolution. Some designs simply canā€™t be improved upon. I hope Ford feels the same way.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a good point. The FJ was highly anticipated, and I thought it was a great ride, but it fizzled out fast.

I think (and hope) Ford is in this for the long haul, they nailed the look, they are marketing it well, tons of accessories... I do not think they are going to let this one fizzle out quickly.

But like always, It depends on sales.
FJ was just a shortened 4th generation 4runner in a body shell that caused all sorts of visibility and passenger space headaches.

Looking at the early production models, the Bronco seems more well thought out than just throwing a cute body on a Ranger.

I mean since when does Toyota offer a factory big ass lift like the Sasquatch package?
Sponsored