Sponsored

Sub 2k lb camp trailer to tow with Bronco?

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At 60K Aus, I will have to sell my children, dog, motorcycles and take out a 15 year loan.

It is a beautiful trailer and very well designed. I should have married a wealthy woman.
It is $38.K + $5K shipping. ?
Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Put this in another thread here. I went through this decision/search earlier this year when I realized my only trip options will require driving for the indefinite future...

I settled on an Intech Pursue - my Jeep can tow it easily (<2000 loaded up) and truck can fling it around like it doesn't exist. Just got back from a trip with it that included ~30 miles of broken and/or washboard dirt roads and trailer handled it like a champ.

My runner-up choice was an Aliner LXE with hard dormers. But the Aliner's flimsier construction (which is still better than that almost disposable coachman clipper earlier listed in this thread) and limitations on level of wind to use safely made me decide on the Intech.

IMG-3173.jpg

OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Put this in another thread here. I went through this decision/search earlier this year when I realized my only trip options will require driving for the indefinite future...

I settled on an Intech Pursue - my Jeep can tow it easily (<2000 loaded up) and truck can fling it around like it doesn't exist. Just got back from a trip with it that included ~30 miles of broken and/or washboard dirt roads and trailer handled it like a champ.

My runner-up choice was an Aliner LXE with hard dormers. But the Aliner's flimsier construction (which is still better than that almost disposable coachman clipper earlier listed in this thread) and limitations on level of wind to use safely made me decide on the Intech.

Ford Bronco Sub 2k lb camp trailer to tow with Bronco? IMG-3173
So in this setup do you sleep in the trailer and do most everything else outside? Eat and cook etc

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So in this setup do you sleep in the trailer and do most everything else outside? Eat and cook etc
Yep, has a slide out kitchen (stove and 12v fridge). I also have a tent that I hook on the back for sitting/standing room that I use half the trips. Also a pop up tent for dispersed trips for toilet or privacy for outdoor shower... so yeah can become a pretty complex setup when have it all out. But most times keep it simple for just sleeping.

50FC714B-7320-45E3-9879-B76065F2D641.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is a cool setup!

After having owned lots of tents, a couple trailers, and in discussion with friends with cabins I think I have figured out that you can never really get rid of hassles when camping.

You can shift them around.. like swapping the hassle of setting up and tearing down a tent campsite and all that entails to instead trailer and tow vehicle maintenance including dumping tanks and getting rid of sway for example.. but there is always something that needs to be done.

Totally worth it! But as my life has changed.. from small kids - to big kids - to no kids I have to re-examine where I want those hassles to be.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking for hard-sided (non pop-up) camp trailers. Preferably with bed and table separate.. so don't need to get out of bed to set up the table. So I can sleep in while wifey gets up early and eats..

These are pricey but living the empty nester life I think they might fit the bill for my intended use..

https://safaricondo.com/en/travel-trailers-alto-serie-r-1713/
My wife and I have been looking at the Safari Condo. The thing is, you need to get them up from their location in Quebec and they are overwhelmed with demand currently, I believe 2022 is what they stated when we could get it. Then there is the cost... $35K+

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You said no pop-up... Have you considered a hard wall A-liner? Now that my kids don’t camp with us, there is no need for the 30’ trailer. Also no need for a pickup to tow that beast.
I have been looking into this, and these are a serious contender. I plan to mount a rack to hold the canoe and a couple mountain bikes.
This likely is the route I am going to need to go. My wife and I, and small daughter need a camper that can be towed by the Bronco and this looks to be the best compromise. The setup will be less than that of a pop up, and I would need to install a rack to carry kayaks and bikes. Had to sell my 22 foot travel trailer...

OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hadn't really looked close at the Aliner, but the Ranger 12 with twin beds layout is perfect.

In our last trailer we got rid of a lot of the hassle by not using the plumbing. The fresh water always tastes funny so everyone ends up just drinking out of a big orange cooler anyway so no need for fresh water tank. Also easy to refill if you are camping longer as you don't have to hook up the trailer to re-fill if it gets empty.

For potty we just use a luggable loo with 13 gal garbage bags and throw in a handful or two of cedar shavings you can buy in bulk from Cal Ranch. Smells great and works a treat. Can throw away the bag as often as needed. Most times it is only used at night anyway, during the day lots of other options. Trees for me and campground potty for her.

Again no need to worry about black tank getting full on longer camp trips and it is really nice to just drive past the line of RV's waiting at the dump outside campground and not have to wrestle with the nasty big black snake. Also no need to winterize/de-winterize.

A bed for each of us side by side. No need to crawl over each other at night like a big bed makes you do.

Has a small dinette so either of us can get up early and eat (her) or stay up late and eat (me) with the other being able to use the bed for lounging or sleeping. A hard dormer option above table should have good head room.

With stove, fridge, A/C and hard sides that covers all our needs. 1,500lbs and low profile should be perfect behind the 2-door.

Nice option!

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

1.500# dry, you could tow that behind a Sport with 700# of gear added.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PaulW

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 EB, 06 Wrangler LJ, 18F150HD, 17 Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
scamp, burro, casita, etc are under the spec for a Bronco or Wrangler.
Camping trailers are interesting but all are tent camping, meaning soft side.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A lot depends on how you camp and what purpose your trailer is supposed to provide. (And if course your budget.)

If it's just for sleeping, any tiny teardrop will probably work.

If you need more creature comforts there's the Tab320, Scamp, Little Guy MiniMax, Casita, Armadillo, and the Meerkat.

If you need more versatility, you may want to look at the Intech Explore. It's basically a super lightweight mini toy hauler. (If you bring motorcycles or ATVs with you.)

And seriously, you may want to try renting a trailer first. I know plenty of people that spend and arm and a leg on a trailer and never end up using it or just use it once every year or two.

We inherited a 1969 trailer and don't use it nearly as much as my inlaws did when they had it (as in we've used it all of 3 or four times in the past 5 years). So you may want to be sure you really like pulling a trailer before you spend a bunch of money on one.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That Safari Condo is gorgeous. I’ll be new to camping trailers, but I am interested in learning more. We would like a camper trailer that sleeps 4 that the Bronco could easily pull. Preferably with a shower/bathroom.
Sponsored