Sponsored

Sub 2k lb camp trailer to tow with Bronco?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine didn't work out.
He ended up coming back and wanting 12K for it.
The market is HOT for these right now.
Several manufacturers are no longer in business.
Of Those that are I see a giant market adjustment from 2018 to now on the base prices on some.
A quick search for the best off road campers or lightweight campers yield several "top 10" results.
I went to a few after reading one article for "The best offroad lightweight campers under 10K".
None of them are under 10K anymore (article from 2018).
Several have broken web addresses or are defunct.
One of them (Oregon Trailer) stated base price of $5500 back then. Over 12K now for their base line, no option smallest trailer.
I mean, the economy is what it is and the market is what it is.
At 12K, comparatively, it's a good deal.
Just too rich for my blood right now with trying to get the best economic situation going to get in my BL. Not trying to finance 40-50K. Not even 30K.
Thinking we will rent one for a weekend and try it out, make a decision later on once we actually have the BL.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine didn't work out.
He ended up coming back and wanting 12K for it.
The market is HOT for these right now.
Several manufacturers are no longer in business.
Of Those that are I see a giant market adjustment from 2018 to now on the base prices on some.
A quick search for the best off road campers or lightweight campers yield several "top 10" results.
I went to a few after reading one article for "The best offroad lightweight campers under 10K".
None of them are under 10K anymore (article from 2018).
Several have broken web addresses or are defunct.
One of them (Oregon Trailer) stated base price of $5500 back then. Over 12K now for their base line, no option smallest trailer.
I mean, the economy is what it is and the market is what it is.
At 12K, comparatively, it's a good deal.
Just too rich for my blood right now with trying to get the best economic situation going to get in my BL. Not trying to finance 40-50K. Not even 30K.
Thinking we will rent one for a weekend and try it out, make a decision later on once we actually have the BL.
Renting is a good call. RV lots up here are looking emptier all the time too. I've heard the manufacturing backlog across NA is in the billions of dollars.

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A possible option is to order the narrow 10-ft trailer from this place:

https://dunesport.com/

The narrow 10-ft version starts off at just a hair over 2,000 lbs and base price is around $19,000.

If you add a refrigerator, stovetop, pass-through storage, etc, the dry weight can climb to up around 2,600 lbs (or higher depending on options).

On the plus side, it‘s a toy hauler and has a bathroom. Size and weight restrictions will limit the toys you can haul, of course. In my case, I would mostly be looking at hauling mountain bikes and eBikes so it might work for me. If I can keep the fully loaded “going down the road” weight at or below 3,000 lbs, it might work. Still researching.

Last edited:

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am currently in a super light livinlite 6' pop-up.
Ford Bronco Sub 2k lb camp trailer to tow with Bronco? 1622816232627
We are done with the pop-up and have hit this same conundrum. I know you said no pop-up which is also my criteria but a pop top is do able for me so I am looking at moving to one of the two units that TetonX has. The main reason for this route is because I have a need to stand up in the trailer, so tear drops fall short, literally. I am also trying to keep my overall length under 15', even a 10' base will seem huge on the trail. But the TetonX is going to push up to 3k in weight loaded. https://tetonx.com/hybrid

Ford Bronco Sub 2k lb camp trailer to tow with Bronco? 1622815976856

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were going to pull the trigger today, I think I would go with the Sylvan Sport Go for a camper to pair with the Bronco. Extremely light. Affordable. Lots of flexibility. Easy to transport bikes, eBikes, kayaks, etc.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for hard-sided (non pop-up) camp trailers. Preferably with bed and table separate.. so don't need to get out of bed to set up the table. So I can sleep in while wifey gets up early and eats..

These are pricey but living the empty nester life I think they might fit the bill for my intended use..

https://safaricondo.com/en/travel-trailers-alto-serie-r-1713/
Ouch, that is quite the price, but, as an empty nester, you will certainly be able to put it to use.

Arianone

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking for hard-sided (non pop-up) camp trailers. Preferably with bed and table separate.. so don't need to get out of bed to set up the table. So I can sleep in while wifey gets up early and eats..

These are pricey but living the empty nester life I think they might fit the bill for my intended use..

https://safaricondo.com/en/travel-trailers-alto-serie-r-1713/
Something like this https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/rvs/d/cave-creek-custom-teardrop-trailer/7335405375.html

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the R POD 171 is the ideal trailer for me... It is about 2500Lbs and has a bathroom. Happy wife is a happy life! :D
Is that a 2-door or a 4-door BL you're ordering? Which powertrain? Is it just you two or do you have kids and/or dogs? The GCWR on the BL is garbage for the curb weight (see attached), and you could run out of room on your weights pretty fast. If you're not familiar with the calcs I'll give you a hand as a fellow BC Bronco buyer.

GVWR Details V31024_1.jpg

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that a 2-door or a 4-door BL you're ordering? Which powertrain? Is it just you two or do you have kids and/or dogs? The GCWR on the BL is garbage for the curb weight (see attached), and you could run out of room on your weights pretty fast. If you're not familiar with the calcs I'll give you a hand as a fellow BC Bronco buyer.

Ford Bronco Sub 2k lb camp trailer to tow with Bronco? GVWR Details V31024_1
2Dr 2.7L Auto, just 2 people.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2Dr 2.7L Auto, just 2 people.
Oh yeah you should be fine for GCWR and GVWR as long as you watch your cargo weight in the trailer, especially near the front. That thing is listed as having a 340lb tongue weight so really close to the limit of the POS Class II receiver.

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 171 is what we have, it tows real easy with a silverado 4cyl. Turbo. They are tounge heavy to me but it works for what we want.
We ordered a Badlands 2dr w 2.7 auto, keeping the tow package so if/once aftermarket offers upgraded hitch.
Sponsored