Sponsored

Sub Amp looses power - Apple car play announcements ... Map text etc.

Tombky

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any thoughts.. I added a sub and amp to base 6 speakers system.. I am loosing remote power to the sub amp whenever i get a text or announcement via carplay... Usually goes away by swithing back to radio.

Any thoughts..??
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tombky

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealer installed they used speaker level inputs from the front channels

Deleted member 32220

No expert here…but since the chimes, blinkers, CarPlay messages are all generated by the speakers. The pause in the CarPlay messages probably is just a bit too long to keep the line converter triggering the remote turn on energized. Kicker key amps seem to be working very well. PAC may make a plug n play remote turn on that doesn’t use an auto turn on from low level inputs. Someone more knowledgeable than me in this department will likely have some better answers for you.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer installed they used speaker level inputs from the front channels
No expert here…but since the chimes, blinkers, CarPlay messages are all generated by the speakers. The pause in the CarPlay messages probably is just a bit too long to keep the line converter triggering the remote turn on energized.
Exactly what I was thinking, if the answer was speaker level inputs! Might be worth changing to a source that's switched with the ignition

Sponsored

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any thoughts.. I added a sub and amp to base 6 speakers system.. I am loosing remote power to the sub amp whenever i get a text or announcement via carplay... Usually goes away by swithing back to radio.

Any thoughts..??
My 2 cents, I tapped my auxiliary (blue wire) to a fuse instead of counting on a signal through my speakers. I was always iffy about not having desire to connections. Hope that helps.

OP
OP

Tombky

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 2 cents, I tapped my auxiliary (blue wire) to a fuse instead of counting on a signal through my speakers. I was always iffy about not having desire to connections. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the update.... going to rewire and tap fuse...

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the update.... going to rewire and tap fuse...
Try it and see. Someone posted a diagram in the past and they tapped into #2 fuse under the dash (panel). It’s for the automatic windows, which shuts off when the engine/accessory is turned off. Hope that helps and good luck.

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Sub Amp looses power - Apple car play announcements ... Map text etc. remote wire
Sponsored