Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally got around to finishing the mounting system for my sub and Amp in my 4 door. I wanted the bass, but needed the ability to remove it quickly for cargo / driving without the top down. I'm a paranoid person, and would prefer my stuff doesn't disappear when the top is off.

I also wanted something non-permanant and to avoid drilling anything, as I don't plan on keeping this Bronco too long.

The idea was pretty simple. Attach the amp to the sub box, so I don't have to pull any panels to mount the amp somewhere hidden.

Make the amp easy to disconnect.

Attach the subwoofer so it doesn't fly around when driving or in the event of an accident. And make that mount super easy to remove.

I started by grabbing the Sosche quick disconnect harness from Amazon. Half is attached to the sub box, makes pulling wiring a breeze, and I don't have to worry about exposed wiring in the cargo area. Cost around $15.

Second step, pick up a 3.5' ratchet strap off Amazon. Run this between the two tie downs.

Last step are some nylon straps with eyelets. These actually came with the roof rack strap kit I use to remove my hard top, so having them laying around was perfect 🤷

Run the nylon straps through the ratchet strap, bolt them to the box, tighten the strap down, and boom. Sub and amp come out of the car in less than a minute. 😇

Hopefully this can help someone else trying to solve the same problem! Enjoy!

20220301_132739.jpg

20220301_132742.jpg

20220301_133214.jpg

20220301_134245.jpg

20220301_134253.jpg
Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just used velcro strips on mine to hold in place/quick disconnect.

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine has rubber. You just stick the other velcro strip sticky side to the rubber.
Meh. Doesn't do much taking hard turns, in an accident, etc. This cost the same as a velco strip 🤷

Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh. Doesn't do much taking hard turns, in an accident, etc. This cost the same as a velco strip 🤷
6 months of driving it and off roading say different. In an accident it would hit the back seat.

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

6 months of driving it and off roading say different. In an accident it would hit the back seat.
Well I'm glad you're here in my thread to argue that yours works perfectly fine..?
How do you remove yours for when you take the top off so it doesn't get stolen? Wires all velcro'd together too?

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I'm glad you're here in my thread to argue that yours works perfectly fine..?
How do you remove yours for when you take the top off so it doesn't get stolen? Wires all velcro'd together too?
Lol you're the one arguing that mine doesn't work. You've never heard of these new wire connections called plugs?

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol you're the one arguing that mine doesn't work. You've never heard of these new wire connections called plugs?
If you read the OP you'd see where I actually used one of the fancy "plugs" you're talking about.
But hey, you do you. Enjoy your Velcro 🤷 hopefully that's the only place in your car you use it.
Sponsored