First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Between all the threads and posts, I’m chipping away on my stereo upgrade. And I’m an absolute novice at this stuff.

Going to swap all the 4” speakers with Hertz DCX 100.3. I listened to those compared to Alpine’s and Focal’s. My ear enjoyed the Hertz. Anyone selling a single by the way?
I’ve gotten off all the covers after some wrestling, in particular the front center. Amazon adapters in hand.

I feel like I’m in over my head, but gonna keep soldiering on. Some really helpful DMs are keeping me on track.

Stripped the back panels and started adding sound deadening. Also got Metra adapters for an Alpine DVC 4ohm sub.

So where I need help is mounting the sub. Any advice off this pictures? I would like to install the rubber ring that came on the sub and isn’t pictured. To do that, I think I need to cut part of the sub enclosure in the bottom left of the sub port.
Questions.
1. If I cut with a Dremel, what can I use to glue back the cover part to the enclosure? I saw some posts with epoxy or something.
2. Is it ok to just use self tapping plastic screws in the existing enclosure?
3. Should I seal the existing screw holes? If so, with what?

thanks to anyone with helpful guidance.
Ford Bronco Sub Swap help on B&O FCDA3592-C961-417A-8063-B1848BD5EC7C
Sponsored

Last edited:

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used jb weld. Good stuff and it has a fast cure time. I also filled the unused holes with it as well. Also attached some pics to show how I cut the bump out off the enclosure. Hope this helps!

F97F87DF-5571-4771-A54A-8169AABA2E21.jpeg

99E12809-ECE9-42F4-82FF-A0D26B44C0A7.jpeg

A92BAC90-102C-41AA-92BB-30A5B1292E70.jpeg

OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Sub Swap help on B&O 704CB93A-5904-41D4-9B9B-679390A15AC2

I used jb weld. Good stuff and it has a fast cure time. I also filled the unused holes with it as well. Also attached some pics to show how I cut the bump out off the enclosure. Hope this helps!
Perfect! Thank you

it was your post I saw on another thread, so basically was wondering what you used.

Nitroback

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F-150, Ranger, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Another option for getting the speaker to fit on the sub box is to trim the ring after you peel it off the speaker. I just cut back in the areas that were impeded by the bump outs on the factory box. In hindsight, I probably cut have cut the ring without removing it from the speaker but didn't want to risk slipping with a hot razor knife and messing up the speaker.

tempImagevuUA0U.png

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do a write up on this when it’s done? I wouldn’t mind upgrading my B&O speakers and sub but know anything about car audio. Don’t want it to look super aftermarket but I realize the amp has to go somewhere. Do any of those plug and play kits work? Looking for something simple so I don’t have my car torn apart for days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I probably should have just stuck with the Kicker like everyone else

I can fit the Alpine without the rubber ring, but I’d rather make the sub fit with the rubber

OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do a write up on this when it’s done? I wouldn’t mind upgrading my B&O speakers and sub but know anything about car audio. Don’t want it to look super aftermarket but I realize the amp has to go somewhere. Do any of those plug and play kits work? Looking for something simple so I don’t have my car torn apart for days.
Ford Bronco Sub Swap help on B&O 3C93A93C-1DA7-4EB3-BA1A-B3782669A94E

It’s been days, a little bit here and there. The wife isn’t thrilled.
Good news I plugged back in the amp and sub, everything still works

front two speakers are in.

Still hoping JL Audio comes out with a custom stealth box that is truly plug and play. Maybe with a 10inch

OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since it was all torn apart I also added. Locker and added sound deadening to the plastic storage
Ford Bronco Sub Swap help on B&O E13DBF41-CF45-4002-B871-D48D6AA5764B
Ford Bronco Sub Swap help on B&O 2824B424-4492-495D-A852-F92E957E335C
Ford Bronco Sub Swap help on B&O 5388C58A-107A-4BC9-A559-BCE66D4420D7

Nitroback

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F-150, Ranger, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You should be able to make the ring fit also with a bit of trimming. The Kicker fit without the ring but it is better to have the ring on it. The ring also helps mounting the speaker in the box without messing up the rubber surround on the actual speaker. It was really not difficult at all to trim that ring. If you look close at my pic above, you can see the three spots I had to trim.

OP
OP
vegetarianbarbarian

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You should be able to make the ring fit also with a bit of trimming. The Kicker fit without the ring but it is better to have the ring on it. The ring also helps mounting the speaker in the box without messing up the rubber surround on the actual speaker. It was really not difficult at all to trim that ring. If you look close at my pic above, you can see the three spots I had to trim.
The kicker ring looks like hard plastic

the alpine is soft rubber. A little trick to cut in the same way

worth a shot though

Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
For some reason I can’t add the link but @Ksjrb03 has a great write up on b&o upgrade. Hopefully he can post the link.