Sponsored

Subjective red flags I see... now that I've had some time to let the hype settle in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrongco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Mustang Mach-e GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7 is plenty for even the F-150 lol, anyone still complaining about lower displacement forced induction motors simply has not sampled one and likely not had a new car in the past 10 years.

Most any vehicle you look at nowadays has gone from a larger motor to something with less cylinders and a turbo. Don't look now but everything is also going to have a hybrid option real soon too. Can't knock it until you try it.
Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to know how many individuals that have criticized/commented on the functionality of the Bronco 2dr vs 4dr or said the phrase “mall crawler” but have driven F-150’s for 10 years and never used the bed of the truck for anything
more than convenience. ? We are not practical people when it comes to vehicles, who cares where or how people spend their money. And who are we to comment on how they do it. ??‍♂
1) Do you 2) be happy and 3) use your 4x4 often it’ll help with #2.

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is subjective.... Hope I don't offend anyone.
Was really excited to see the release of the new Bronco. So far, Ford has not disappointed...
However, its been a few weeks and the hangover is gone....

Some real observations:
- Are 4 doors for posers? I see 4 door jeep owners riding around with the doors off taking the kids to soccer practice and PTA meetings.... Is the real Bronco a 2 door and the 4 door for posers???
- Its small... I have a 2009 body on frame Ford Explorer 4x4 that has been bulletproof for 220,000 miles (except for those crappy plastic waternecks that connect the radiator hose to the block....I've had no significant repairs.) The Explorer is actually larger than the 4 door Bronco. My mountain bike fits inside the Explorer without removing the wheels. New tech in MTB is called Boost hubs. Its not as easy to remove the wheels on new tech bikes. I like being able to just toss my bike in the Explorer with no mods. Will I be able to do the same in the Bronco?
- Ground clearance is the same as the body on frame versions of the Explorer and the Bronco.
- Approach and departure are significantly better on the Bronco. Bronco is clearly the winner offroad. Which is good as I'm an overlander and motocamper.
- Turning radius on the Explorer is awesome. I can park and get in and out of anywhere....subcompact parking spots? no problem. Pissing off Prius owners is a right of pride. Bronco, will you have a good turning radius or will you make U-Turns like a corvette???
- Small engine options have me concerned. Ever heard the saying "There's no replacement for displacement" 2.7liter is the largest option??? really???
- towing - body on frame Explorer wins by nearly double at 6,000 pounds. Bronco 3,500... Hmm. why?
- Cost - I know I drive an old 2009, but its been paid for 10 years now.... New Badlands I have specd with Lux, and Sasquatch, and options will hit $60k.
- Cool factor - duh. Bronco is badass. Body on frame Explorer is dated....

I'm 99% in on committing to the Bronco and it will be awesome. Just some observations now that the hangover has warn off. Anyone else have any "concerns" with the new Bronco?
No hang here except for the unknown.
I'm very concerned about the price.
It's not that I can't aford it, but should I? We won't know until the P&B is up and running. I would not be surprised if Ford is reworking their price structure right now. RU?

RustChole

Big Bend
First Name
TheKeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I drive my Wrangler because I love the retro look and there isn’t a ton of other vehicles out there that do this, save for a lot of ones I can’t afford. That was until the 2021 Bronco came along.
Does being motivated by the “retroness” make me a poser? I did drive my Wrangler up a very steep driveway once, but that was to drop my kids off. Being concerned about the poser dilemma, I decided to leave my doors on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.