Sponsored

Subjective red flags I see... now that I've had some time to let the hype settle in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door for posers? No, for reality.

A long long time ago everything I had had 2 doors. Family changed that. Someday I'll get to go back to 2 doors. Its just not practical now.

Aside from doors, 116 inch wheel base is not that long. In a lot of places its better than 100 for stability. Think hill climbs and ledge drop offs. I would be interested in a 2 door with a 116 inch wheel base to get the bigger doors of the 2 door.

Oh, and everyone needs to thank those soccer moms who will never go off road. They increase demand and incentivize investment and development by the car manufacturers and aftermarket. If it was not for those additional sales a vehicle like the Bronco would either be a lot more expensive or never offered.
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

- Are 4 doors for posers? I see 4 door jeep owners riding around with the doors off taking the kids to soccer practice and PTA meetings.... Is the real Bronco a 2 door and the 4 door for posers???
I'll respond to this one since it will be down my alley...

Yes, I will be taking my kiddo to soccer with the doors off... and I'm sure he will enjoy the ride very much (as will I). I will also be taking my kiddo (and rest of my family - four of us) to the mountains for things like camping, hiking, mountain biking, skiing/boarding, and something new that I will doing because I can with this... some rugged mountain trail riding. Not every family that gets one of these in 4-door is a "poser" but even if they don't do the extra-curricular activities, the drive to soccer will be a bit more fun for the family.

OP
OP
tn3sport

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You complained about the 4 door being for posers then complained that it's too small. Not sure what points you are trying to make.

Also, I think the cliche you were searching for is "now that the honeymoon is over".
Nah, When I get the new Bronco.... it will be the Honeymoon. Reading about the release was a high... But, its subsided and now the pragmatist is taking an objective assessment... and really looking for feedback.
Maybe someone out there has seen a modern MTB insde the 4 door... with the wheels on.... as stated earlier new Boost technology on MTBs makes taking the wheels off a pain. So, the stock Ford pick with MTB's mounted inside the back with wheels off are old school MTBs with 26 inch wheels. Not modern MTBs with 29s and Boost hubs..... Just hoping there's someone that might of measured the back with the seats down... That's all.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its a question, not a statement. What's your answer?

BTW, I was a jeep owner when the first 4 door jeep came out. It was not well received by the owners groups that demanded things like All jeeps having only round headlights and only 7 slats in the Jeep grill. There was some push-back on the 4 door as it transposed the image of a classic offroad rugged vehicle to a mere "grocery getter" My question is what are your thoughts in regards to the new 4 Door bronco. The original classic only had two.... (full disclosure: I've ordered two 4 door Broncos)
I heard this from Corvette forums too... flip up lights are the only true vette... vette isn’t supposed to have a mid engine... ect. What I say is everybody is different. What you get is up to you and screw all the haters out there. Life is too short to be negative, we need to all get along?

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Image seems to be extremely important to the OP.

I would urge the OP to think less about what someone else is doing with their jeep doors off at PTA meetings or soccer games and whether they will be evaluated as a 'poser'' or 'real'.

Why not focus in on your specific requirements and what will make YOU happy? Honestly this doesn't seem like the right vehicle for you given what you have shared.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To each their own.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If that long list of negativity equates to your 99% commitment to the Bronco then what kind of a never ending list of negatives would accompany a lower commitment of only 75% or for that matter a mere 50%!??

Last edited:

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe they take the doors off and go to PTA (whatever that is) because it’s fun. At least with the cool tube doors from Ford, it may be safer.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll take those heads off your hands if Sarge doesn't want them...:cool:

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is subjective.... Hope I don't offend anyone.
Was really excited to see the release of the new Bronco. So far, Ford has not disappointed...
However, its been a few weeks and the hangover is gone....

Some real observations:
- Are 4 doors for posers? I see 4 door jeep owners riding around with the doors off taking the kids to soccer practice and PTA meetings.... Is the real Bronco a 2 door and the 4 door for posers???
- Its small... I have a 2009 body on frame Ford Explorer 4x4 that has been bulletproof for 220,000 miles (except for those crappy plastic waternecks that connect the radiator hose to the block....I've had no significant repairs.) The Explorer is actually larger than the 4 door Bronco. My mountain bike fits inside the Explorer without removing the wheels. New tech in MTB is called Boost hubs. Its not as easy to remove the wheels on new tech bikes. I like being able to just toss my bike in the Explorer with no mods. Will I be able to do the same in the Bronco?
- Ground clearance is the same as the body on frame versions of the Explorer and the Bronco.
- Approach and departure are significantly better on the Bronco. Bronco is clearly the winner offroad. Which is good as I'm an overlander and motocamper.
- Turning radius on the Explorer is awesome. I can park and get in and out of anywhere....subcompact parking spots? no problem. Pissing off Prius owners is a right of pride. Bronco, will you have a good turning radius or will you make U-Turns like a corvette???
- Small engine options have me concerned. Ever heard the saying "There's no replacement for displacement" 2.7liter is the largest option??? really???
- towing - body on frame Explorer wins by nearly double at 6,000 pounds. Bronco 3,500... Hmm. why?
- Cost - I know I drive an old 2009, but its been paid for 10 years now.... New Badlands I have specd with Lux, and Sasquatch, and options will hit $60k.
- Cool factor - duh. Bronco is badass. Body on frame Explorer is dated....

I'm 99% in on committing to the Bronco and it will be awesome. Just some observations now that the hangover has warn off. Anyone else have any "concerns" with the new Bronco?
2-Doors are for people who are A-SIngle, B-Married w/ no kids, C-Married w/ very young kids, D-Buying it for a weekender/off-road only car, or E-Screw the wife and kids this thing is for me!

4-Doors are for people who are A-Married w/ normal size kids, B-Have lots of friends who want to come along, C-Drive Uber/Lyft and want to be that cool guy with a cool car, D-Need the space for storage (Folding them seats down), E-Want some friends and figure if they have extra space...

And the "Hope I don't offend" line then going straight into offending over half the people here reminds me of Talladega Nights when Ricky Bobby keeps saying "With all due respect" and then trashes people.

Lets embrace all of our 2 door and 4 door fanatics. Lets embrace our base bros and FE Lux boys. Lets embrace our people who love to drive stick and the automagic men. We all want Broncos for different reasons, but we all want Broncos! Now can we get back to bagging on the Mall Crawlers... JK

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm looking forward to seeing everyones individual loadouts and customizations!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.