Sponsored

Subjective red flags I see... now that I've had some time to let the hype settle in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People who say that the 4dr Jeep's and broncos aren't real jeep/broncos are just gatekeeping, it doesn't matter not will it ever, I might hate it when I see a full loaded Rubicon 4d thats never even had it's roof off but in the end they are helping support this weird vehicle being made otherwise ford/jeep wouldn't be able to keep making them hell the 4dr jeep saved jeep from being killed off. As for the displacement, it beats out jeep in every way it might not sound as good as a V8 but it's sure as hell gonna go a lot farther than a V8. As for towing it beats out jeep that's what matters, like the thousands of posts made already you can either have a great off-roader or a great tow rig. As for size, I honestly don't know why people complain so much that's it's small, compared to regular car this thing is giant, the only excuse that one can not fit is if you have more than 2 kids other than that you will never find something that will fit.
Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, are all of you guys that are defending the 2.3 and 2.7 liter engine choices willing to go on record that you would NOT consider a larger displacement engine if Ford made it available?
This has already been beaten to death. Please avail yourself of the search function.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, are all of you guys that are defending the 2.3 and 2.7 liter engine choices willing to go on record that you would NOT consider a larger displacement engine if Ford made it available?

The Bronco is not a lightweight vehicle. Doesn't Ford put the 2.3 in the Focus???? A Ford Focus engine in a serious Off-road vehicle??? Longevity and durability matter? Have you researched the 2.3 ecoboost history? Many in the industry consider it to be at its limits, which hurts its reliability.

If Ford releases the Bronco with a 3.0l turbo I think many will jump on board.

Real point of the post is to step back and take an objective look at what is being offered from Ford now that the hype has settled.... Hate to make the comparison, but many of you guys sound like Biden/Harris supporters suggesting we should never question anything....its just perfect as is and I'm supporting it no matter what....
Love when people say they hate doing something, but do it anyways, eh?

Kinda like when people say "no offense, but.." and then goes onto to saying something offensive like it doesn't count.

:unsure:

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Heck, I'm just happy that they actually offer a 2 door and manual. If you want/need a 4 door then get one, no shame in having a family or wanting more room. I saw a 4 door Jeep yesterday, top and doors off probably coming from the beach, guess all the other Jeeps that had their tops on were just a bunch of posers too.

You admit to having an Explorer which is probably the actual vehicle that killed the 2 door SUV, the station wagon, the minivan, and now the sedans from our roads. So while I won't order a 4 door Bronco, I'm glad they're offering it and hope they make enough money on them to continue selling the 2 door version luckily Ford doesn't care how we use them.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 08 Explorer with 210,000 miles. Same reliability experience as you describe. I do like the room inside and turning radius. I also have a 73 EB. This new Bronco will hopefully take the place of the EB. I don't expect it to take the place of the Explorer, otherwise I would have set my sights on something different. The Bronco is a different breed. I do hope it doesn't disappoint.
Never get rid of a Classic Bronco, you will kick yourself forever and wish you had not done that. It took me 25 years to find a square body after owning three Full Size Broncos. I want my 50+ sitting next to my new one next year. One to drive and one for classic car shows. ;)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Observations on Observations....
- 4 door is totally subjective, you seem to put a lot of stock in what people think when they see it.
- 7' x 14' isn't "small", it is 3' shorter than an Escalade (and that is the 2 dr Bronco). People seem to be sprung on something the size of a F150 which isn't what the classic Bronco was.
- I'd imagine the turning radius is as good or better than an Explorer, coming from a F350 anything is better.
- Displacement = Power? What is it, 1990? This seems similar to the first expression of "4-door" equating to "soccer practice" or something. It is pointless to offer a motor that few people will buy that a manf. also has to approve through DOT,NHTSA approved/crash rated/EPA rated all for a small % of buyers
- Don't think Ford ever intended a Bronco to tow, they have enough other vehicle options for that.
- Cost is 100% in-line with a Wrangler. New F150's are clearing 60K with ease on their way to 80K.
- Bronco and Explorer aren't aimed at the same buying group so again subjective

Whatever the reasons, my guess is people that actually buy the first run Bronco will do so for very specific reasons to them. It isn't a cost effective buy, it will not have great fuel economy and it lacks practicality in a lot of areas. So much like Mustang, Corvette, Wrangler, Supra, Z, etc. buyers, Bronco buyers will have other 'personal' reasons they buy the vehicle IMHO.
You're using far too much logic my friend. ? There is no sophistication to anything the OP has said; he's just talking.

The guy has actually managed to gaslight the entire forum for 9 pages of whatever, but for what?

He doesn't even realize that the 5.0 from 1992 had less power than a damn 4 banger in a Focus ST (225hp, 300 lb-ft). Big displacement means inefficient and just moving air around, but knuckle draggers don't understand these head scratchers concepts known as science and engineering.

Everything you've stated is true, but you can't get through to someone this new and this ignorant. It's like trying to explain physics to a 5 year old.

Hearing and understanding are totally different concepts.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco is not a lightweight vehicle. Doesn't Ford put the 2.3 in the Focus???? A Ford Focus engine in a serious Off-road vehicle??? Longevity and durability matter? Have you researched the 2.3 ecoboost history? Many in the industry consider it to be at its limits, which hurts its reliability.

If Ford releases the Bronco with a 3.0l turbo I think many will jump on board.

Real point of the post is to step back and take an objective look at what is being offered from Ford now that the hype has settled.... Hate to make the comparison, but many of you guys sound like Biden/Harris supporters suggesting we should never question anything....its just perfect as is and I'm supporting it no matter what....
Now you're moving on to politics for gaslighting the forum? Thanks for letting all of us have a chuckle at your expense. We were all bored today, but then you gifted us with your well, existence. Big boost to everyone's self esteem.

Can't wait to play the Vols this year. Love my annual cigars. ?

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm personally happy it's on the smaller side compared to some of the vehicles out there. Original Bronco is a "compact crossover utility" or something now, but the 1990 Bronco was - just an oversized work truck. You could take your work truck off-road whenever you felt like it and do alright, same back then as now. But it was full-size. I'm fine with this modified Ford Ranger being a midsize. It's better that way, and closer to the roots.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish there was a bigger engine and the 2.7 was base. That way I wouldn't have to pay extra for the 2.7.

When I bought my F-150 I could have chosen the 5.0 or the 3.5. I chose the 2.7. Plenty of ass, towing and great fuel mileage.

So yes I'm going on record.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
- Turning radius...

Time will tell, but I'm sure Ford was concerned about things like turning radius when designing the front end.
Ford has screwed up turning radius by being cheap before
Regular ford focus was about what you expected
Focus with 18" sport or focus st had steering angle limiters installed that made the tiny car act like an expedition in a parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.