Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So really you just need to pull on them.
The only real trick to it (that the removal instructions posted somewhere here on 6g) is the order, but if you look at it, it's fairly easy to suss. The problem for me is I've had the panels off and back on like a half dozen time whilst I experiment with various things, so I've broken 3 clips total, I think.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GGOuterBanksSquatch
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry for a tangential question, but as you removed the factory sub and amp, do you have a picture of this same area without the OEM sub, housing and amp?
i didnā€™t remove the factory amp or sub, just added an amp and sub.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i didnā€™t remove the factory amp or sub, just added an amp and sub.
Gotcha.
The overall reason for asking was to find out how much space is behind there if you didn't have the lux package.

By any chance did you take a look and could share? It's premium real estate if usable.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all;

New here; not sure if this is the right place to pose the question, but wasnā€™t really sure where else to postā€¦

I just bought a 2021 Bronco Sport (Big Bend) and am attempting to install my small subs/amp. Everything works perfectly until I attempt to turn off the Bronco. When I hit the ā€œStart/Stopā€ button the dash lights turn off, but the engine keeps on running until I pull the inline power fuse out of the amp power wire coming off the battery at which point the engine immediately shuts off.

My subs and amp are only 4 months old and worked perfectly in my push start 2021 Dodge Challenger, but Iā€™m running into this quirk on the Broncoā€¦ what am I missing?

(Two 12-inch subs, 1200 watt amp)

Thank you!!
Welcome to the forums!

If youā€™re not able to find an answer here, you might have better luck on the Bronco Sport forums - https://www.broncosportforum.com/

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Grrr...paper woofers. OEMs cheap out in the dumbest areas, particularly for 'premium' sound systems.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The only real trick to it (that the removal instructions posted somewhere here on 6g) is the order, but if you look at it, it's fairly easy to suss. The problem for me is I've had the panels off and back on like a half dozen time whilst I experiment with various things, so I've broken 3 clips total, I think.
I haven't owned a Ford in several decades, but for my GM and FCA (Jeep) vehicles, ebay is a great resource for replacing broken clips. Usually you can buy a big box for under $15.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't owned a Ford in several decades, but for my GM and FCA (Jeep) vehicles, ebay is a great resource for replacing broken clips. Usually you can buy a big box for under $15.
Unfortunately these clips are molded into the trim pieces, so that's not an option here.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone taken depth measurements on the kick panel enclosure?

Vtfakie

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Wildtrak, Lux, Leather, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had my Bronco just about a month, and the B&O system still needs a lot of work. Vocals often feel muffled and not very clean.

I'm currently working on replacing the speakers in place, keeping the B&O amp (for now) for the front and head unit for the rear, per factory wiring. Right now I have replaced the dash and rear with Focal PC100. To me it is an improvement, while not a true representation, here are a couple of clips to show before and after replacing those speakers.

Factory sub and kick panels still in place, all settings are default.

Both recorded by phone at the same location and volume set to 16. Audio choice could have been better, but this is an example where the initial system needed some help.

Sorry, you have to wait a little bit for the vocals.

Factory B&O:

With Focal PC100 (front/rear):

Last edited:

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone taken depth measurements on the kick panel enclosure?
I will tell you that you more or less need flush tweeters in the kick panel speakers if you replace them with a 2 or 3 way speaker, because you require a metra adaptor to mount "Actual" 6.5" speakers that adds about 3/4 of an inch to whatever speaker you use.

I ended up going with Kenwood KFC-1696PS, flush mount 2-ways.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will tell you that you more or less need flush tweeters in the kick panel speakers if you replace them with a 2 or 3 way speaker, because you require a metra adaptor to mount "Actual" 6.5" speakers that adds about 3/4 of an inch to whatever speaker you use.

I ended up going with Kenwood KFC-1696PS, flush mount 2-ways.
Thanks! I had read somewhere that the screw positions are really 6 3/4.

Infinity makes some nice 6.5s that are 93 SPL. They have adjustable tweeter angles, but by the pictures in Crutchfield, are flush when you don't angle them.

I'm thinking that most of the highs will come from the dash speakers, so tweeters are not as important for the kick panels.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my Bronco just about a month, and the B&O system still needs a lot of work. Vocals often feel muffled and not very clean.

I'm currently working on replacing the speakers in place, keeping the B&O amp (for now) for the front and head unit for the rear, per factory wiring. Right now I have replaced the dash and rear with Focal PC100. To me it is an improvement, while not a true representation, here are a couple of clips to show before and after replacing those speakers.

Factory sub and kick panels still in place, all settings are default.

Both recorded by phone at the same location and volume set to 16. Audio choice could have been better, but this is an example where the initial system needed some help.

Sorry, you have to wait a little bit for the vocals.

Factory B&O:

With Focal PC100 (front/rear):
Thanks for the comparisons. Link to what you bought?
Sponsored