Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everyone, has anyone figured out a mounting location for a sub in the back without taking up any cargo room? I really want to maintain the entire cargo space so that I can still store the doors onboard.

I've been thinking a shallow sub mounted into the side plastic on either side would work alright, would probably need to fab something of a bracket also, so it's not just hanging on the plastic. Has anyone taken those side plastic pieces off to see how much room is behind there?
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey everyone, has anyone figured out a mounting location for a sub in the back without taking up any cargo room? I really want to maintain the entire cargo space so that I can still store the doors onboard.

I've been thinking a shallow sub mounted into the side plastic on either side would work alright, would probably need to fab something of a bracket also, so it's not just hanging on the plastic. Has anyone taken those side plastic pieces off to see how much room is behind there?
I expect JL and/or MTX audio to provide a solution to go in the cubby on the passenger side, but they do not appear to have one to market yet.

Stealthbox® Vehicle-Specific Enclosed Subwoofers – JL Audio
Ford Subwoofer Enclosures | MTX Audio - Serious About Sound®

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There should be pictures of the Lux package around somewhere that shows the subwoofer in the back. I believe it is on the driver's side behind the second row. Edit: It is on the passenger side near the tailgate.
Ford Bronco Subwoofer mounting locations for 4 doors Bronco-BO-Speaker-Locations
At least that way you will know what kind of space you are dealing with.

Last edited:

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-yQo4dPkAer9/p_113PAW801B/Kenwood-PA-W801B.html

I had one of these mounted in my cargo area tucked up against the rear seats. It's sturdy enough you can stand on it and toss anything on top of it. Sounds amazing. My vehicle is in the shop getting 3M today but I could snap a pic tomorrow.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 1990's are calling 🤣

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
any imaged of where the rear woofer goes? im thinking im gonna do a Focal 8" sub in the factory location. the rest of the speakers will end up being focal components as well.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mounted my amp under the seat and I am in the process of building an enclosure for the back. Its a shallow 10. Then I will built out the rest of it to cover the remainder of the cargo area (like a false floor) and put a piano hinge where the enclosure meets the false floor (probably going to make the false floor out of HDPE) so I can lift it up to access the jack/cubby. Ill post pics. Waiting on carpet for the enclosure. The entire thing should take up no lateral cargo space. it should make it somewhat flush with the factory hump when the seats are down. So that will be nice.

I sure a lot of good solutions will be available but they are usually super expensive and are usually made of cheap plastic, with the exception of the JL audio stealth boxes. The JL stuff is fiberglass but is still super expensive.

Ford Bronco Subwoofer mounting locations for 4 doors IMG_0954

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, what drives the speakers in the B&O? Is just the subwoofer externally amped? Where is the amp located?

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Subwoofer mounting locations for 4 doors 47E0C001-6B0F-4CD9-A27B-FE597CC88FE6
Ford Bronco Subwoofer mounting locations for 4 doors B82DBEEA-8AE7-4A6D-A418-276FDF4E0E9D

Sponsored

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I discussed options with a professional install shop. I was the first bronco they had looked at and they were very accommodating to open up the back panel and list all options for an install. First option was to add a 10 inch jl woofer in the rear where the stock bo woofer resides. Second option was to build a custom box that sits in the rear with two 10 inch woofers. While I was interested in having the woofer out of out sight and to allow more cargo room, i ultimately decided to go with the two 10 inch woofers in the cargo area. Primary considerations were that I am a soft top (for now) and that I plan to drive a fair amount of the year topless and/or doors removed. It was their opinion that the base from a single woofer in the side compartment wasn’t going to provide the desired sound. They have a lot of install experiences with Jeep’s. I was really on the fence with adding a woofer box to the cargo area, but I am very glad I did. Having the top and doors off made a big difference in the sound. I don’t want to come across that I am selling you on the two woofers, but wanted to share my experience.

Btw, I would have totally upgraded to the package with the bo sound system and called it a day, but it wasent even an option in the black diamond. Ford left money on the table, at least in my purchase.

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mounted my amp under the seat and I am in the process of building an enclosure for the back. Its a shallow 10. Then I will built out the rest of it to cover the remainder of the cargo area (like a false floor) and put a piano hinge where the enclosure meets the false floor (probably going to make the false floor out of HDPE) so I can lift it up to access the jack/cubby. Ill post pics. Waiting on carpet for the enclosure. The entire thing should take up no lateral cargo space. it should make it somewhat flush with the factory hump when the seats are down. So that will be nice.

I sure a lot of good solutions will be available but they are usually super expensive and are usually made of cheap plastic, with the exception of the JL audio stealth boxes. The JL stuff is fiberglass but is still super expensive.

Ford Bronco Subwoofer mounting locations for 4 doors B82DBEEA-8AE7-4A6D-A418-276FDF4E0E9D
That's what I'm thinking...down firing box and upgraded storage. How's it coming?
Sponsored