First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am confused about the subwoofer issue. I have a 23 Wildtrak with the high package. The subwoofer does not work. The audio system is very poor with the lower end frequencies missing. From what I can tell , there is no difference in the base, mid, or high package by the was of audio system. ONly the LUX gets a better system. I have an appointment with the dealer to check out the subwoofer issue. You can clearly see an 8 inch speaker in the grill in the rear cargo area but it produces on sound. Is this a common issue?
Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 23 Wildtrak with the high package. The subwoofer does not work
Could you check your final paperwork from the dealer? There was a period of time where Ford was doing a subwoofer delete (but installed some non-functioning look-alikes) and provided a small credit on the purchase price.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does your window sticker show the following? If it shows a -$250.00, you didn't get a subwoofer, what you see is a "Dummy" non working speaker...basically a placeholder. Not sure if the wiring is there to add at a later date or not.

Ford Bronco Subwoofer not working 1683650027294

BDR

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F250 Superduty XLT 6.0 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well look at your Widow Sticker and see if you have a Credit for $250 for a Subwoofer Delete

Ford was having issues with Supply so they were installing a dummy Speaker and Amp and giving you a $250 Credit

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is what the fake subwoofer/grille looks like. Yours was probably deleted. Might want to cancel that appointment...

Ford Bronco Subwoofer not working 1683655646611

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am confused about the subwoofer issue. I have a 23 Wildtrak with the high package. The subwoofer does not work. The audio system is very poor with the lower end frequencies missing. From what I can tell , there is no difference in the base, mid, or high package by the was of audio system. ONly the LUX gets a better system. I have an appointment with the dealer to check out the subwoofer issue. You can clearly see an 8 inch speaker in the grill in the rear cargo area but it produces on sound. Is this a common issue?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

Duncanj2

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will have to check that. It was built in early 23. Why would they leave off a subwoofer and give a $250 credit? It sounds awful and there is no $250 subwoofer. If this is the case, is the wiring still there? Can a replacement speaker be added and simply plugged up?
Here is what the fake subwoofer/grille looks like. Yours was probably deleted. Might want to cancel that appointment...

Ford Bronco Subwoofer not working DizzySpeedyDipper-max-1mb
yep, I think you are right. Thanks Ford! 🤬

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will have to check that. It was built in early 23. Why would they leave off a subwoofer and give a $250 credit? It sounds awful and there is no $250 subwoofer. If this is the case, is the wiring still there? Can a replacement speaker be added and simply plugged up?

There's a number of threads addressing your exact questions right here in this subforum; well *mostly* as some of the "why would Ford do this" answers are, of course, just speculation.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Most of the time, the standard wiring harnesses include plugs for options that don't come with every vehicle. I'm not sure in this case, so you might want to check a few threads to verify it.
Here's an article on when it happened, and one of the more popular threads that might contain that info;

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-mandatory-and-functional-amps-removed.61106/

https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/2023-ford-bronco-subwoofer-delete-option-is-now-mandatory/

Sponsored
OP
OP

Duncanj2

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most of the time, the standard wiring harnesses include plugs for options that don't come with every vehicle. I'm not sure in this case, so you might want to check a few threads to verify it.
Here's an article on when it happened, and one of the more popular threads that might contain that info;

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-mandatory-and-functional-amps-removed.61106/

https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/2023-ford-bronco-subwoofer-delete-option-is-now-mandatory/
Thank you! It IS the Sub delete. $250 credit joke. Looking at $1200 minimum for installing a sub and amp. I have been reading a lot about it.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
nope it was a optimized action to get it to you ...its not there check your window sticker
need a sub look ate mti tail gate subs

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm hoping there is something out there that I can plug into my fake amp and speaker place that works. Will the upgraded amp and sub fit back there?

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So i just pulled the panel. There are wires running to the fake amp and to the fake speakers. Would the BO system amp and sub plug right in to this one or is there a part number out there for the amp and sub?
Sponsored