Sponsored

Subwoofer Rattle? I think I gotter licked.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP read like an AVE video... Love it.
I've picked up many a speech pattern from that particular Canuckistan El residente. He got me into electonical tinkering years ago when he still did the Arduino stuff.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The lack of use of proper technical terms here is appalling! How dare you use the slack-jawed “doohickey” and “thingamabob” when you should be using the proper technical terms - whatchamacallit and whatsthephuck.

😉

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well bois, I think I sent her a little too fu.. wait. Wrong post.

Oh, tailgate slash subwoofer rattle? Problem solved in 30 seconds or less, or you get your money back.

First, go open the tailgate and look above the subwoofer. There's a little panel like this:
20211029_165327.jpg

Rip that mother off real gingerly like and take a gander. You'll see that the side of the trim is rubbing that black doohickey.
20211029_165358.jpg

20211029_165402.jpg

You can even see the little marks where it's been rubbing.

Ok, here is where it gets tricky.. aquire yourself one premium Costco brand blue shop towel, fold that guy in half a time or three and jam it in there between the trim and that black thingermaboob.
20211029_165413.jpg

Reattach trim and Bobs your aunty.

This got rid of 98% of that horrid rattle. I don't have a patreon, but sub to my only fans for some hot Bronco on Bronco action.

This is GUARANTEED to fix your problem.

(This is not a guarantee).

This is obviously a temporary solution, I'm looking for some dynamat. In my case, that stupid 12v outlet cover is rattling a bit as well.. but this is a HUGE improvement already.
1st gen MINI coopers are rattle boxes and these below were helpful to keep hard surfaces from rattling against each other back when I drove a MINI. of course dynamat is nice to keep a panel’s own resonance to a minimum.

Car Multipurpose Tape, Car Self Adhesive Anti Squeak Rattle Felt Automotive Wiring Harness Tape Car Accessories (9mm15m) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M9S3TFX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_C12VKBN4TH41ENTH6C9Q

Adhesive Felt Sheet, Shynek 12 Pieces Black Felt Fabric Adhesive Sticky Back Felt Sheets for Art and Craft Making https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0813KN856/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_DRGXV197HMBD3JEQ6Q9F

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice find! Looks like I'll be heading to Hobby Lobby when ours finally arrives. I usually buy a stock of self adhesive foam in different thicknesses, self adhesive felt and regular felt to cram in to various places to stop squeaks and rattles. Had an 08 Mazda MX5 and I managed to make that thing silent using felt and foam!

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This reminds you how awesome the power of forums is. I am reliving the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL release. There was an electrical connector high in the dash that resonated at 1 frequency, but WE the people found it and fixed it. (and Jeep fixed it the next year, somehow)

Sponsored

Holliday

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have anymore progress on this? I posted in another thread a while back but didn't seem like any solid solutions there either. I think maybe this fix helped some, but I still have a horrendous rattle in the back. I can hold down on the outlet cover and that doesn't seem to do it either. I really can't find where I can apply pressure elsewhere to the panel to make it stop. It sure seems flimsy though.
Stock settings, 16 volume, and the song Glass Animals - Heatwaves sounds like hell once it gets going.

SnowMan326

Outer Banks
First Name
Kourtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone have anymore progress on this? I posted in another thread a while back but didn't seem like any solid solutions there either. I think maybe this fix helped some, but I still have a horrendous rattle in the back. I can hold down on the outlet cover and that doesn't seem to do it either. I really can't find where I can apply pressure elsewhere to the panel to make it stop. It sure seems flimsy though.
Stock settings, 16 volume, and the song Glass Animals - Heatwaves sounds like hell once it gets going.
I opened that panel up and if you get a light and look to the bottom right corner there is a 10mm screw. Get a low profile socket and tighten up on the screw as much as you can. My rattle was so horrible I thought I had blown the speaker. The radio could be turned way down and it was still horrendous!! This took care of the problem for good though!

Sponsored

SnowMan326

Outer Banks
First Name
Kourtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Theherofails - Did you ever end up doing a more permanent fix to this? If so, any pics?
I opened that panel up and if you get a light and look to the bottom right corner there is a 10mm screw. Get a low profile socket and tighten up on the screw as much as you can. My rattle was so horrible I thought I had blown the speaker. The radio could be turned way down and it was still horrendous!! This took care of the problem for good though!

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, under the weather with the COVID so I haven't been very active here. It's sounding like there are about a million reasons for the rattle, but all seem to be related to the trim piece hitting the sub grille or the sub/amp not being properly attached.

I did go through with Noico mat (dynamat competitor) and load that area up.

I also took the floor out and put some Noico down, and that really helped with the wind/road noise. Not all of it is from the top..

I no longer have any rattle after the matting.

Also, the latching points above the driver and passenger head for the tops rattled like CRAZY in my Bronco. I used more Noico between the plastic trim piece and the latching mechanism and now I'm rattle free!

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, under the weather with the COVID so I haven't been very active here. It's sounding like there are about a million reasons for the rattle, but all seem to be related to the trim piece hitting the sub grille or the sub/amp not being properly attached.

I did go through with Noico mat (dynamat competitor) and load that area up.

I also took the floor out and put some Noico down, and that really helped with the wind/road noise. Not all of it is from the top..

I no longer have any rattle after the matting.

Also, the latching points above the driver and passenger head for the tops rattled like CRAZY in my Bronco. I used more Noico between the plastic trim piece and the latching mechanism and now I'm rattle free!
You will be "certified" to work at MAP assembling Broncos soon! :)

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried this fix…got me 50% of the way. Still a very bad rattle/shake when volume is turned up past 15. Only at certain higher frequencies, but very bad rattle ruins most songs.
I have the same issue. It is hard to narrow down but it seems like all the plastic that is covering up the bars may be contributing to all this noise. I pull a panel and stuff some foam in and think I get it nailed then 20 min later driving down the road the rattle is back. Driving me bananas.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

which Noico or Dynamat product are people buying? Looked on Amazon, there are all kinds of options and it's not cheap stuff, so don't want to order the wrong kind or way too much (or too little).
I haven't taken the panel off yet, don't have music loud enough for the rattle usually (passengers) but need to fix that and a click/rattle that the soft top decided to make. Just have to get someone to drive the Bronco while I sit in the back so I can find the source of that.
Sponsored