Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the Bestop Bimini top literally two days ago through my dealer. They said yesterday it was backordered, then later that day IT ARRIVED! Below is installation/thoughts:

INSTALLATION:

The directions scared me because they only mentioned a hard top, despite the Accessories catalog saying it fit both. But with a little common sense it's not an issue.

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 1.jpg

In the instructions, this bracket goes on the current hardtop bracket. But, alas, the softop bracket is farther back and different in design. But there is a pre-threaded hole for the bolt in exactly the right place. Crisis averted.

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 2.jpg

Not sure if you can make it out, but I screwed the back straps to the outside of the speaker bolt. The instructions say to attach it on the inside, but I didn't like the fit. It seems to be designed to go the way I did it. Win for me!

END RESULT:

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 3.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 4.jpg

THOUGHTS:

I had expected it to be easier to take on/off. Apparently, at least one bracket will need to be loosened and a the back straps unlooped from the buckles. 5 minutes maybe?

The front clasps have to be undone and the front part of the Bimini buttoned to itself to shut the top. I'll let you know the ease of that...

UPDATE:

So a trip to town later...

There is a good bit more wind noise at 60 mph, but livable.

Hey, those plastic clips that weren't in the instructions... apparently they are used to keep the extra cord from flapping everywhere. Who knew?

Flapping of the shade is minimal. I wouldn't enjoy the interstate with it on I imagine. But the highway was ok.

It did a good job of cutting down on the sun. Overall did what I hoped in that regard.

UPDATE (2):

The clips went on easier than I thought. I used a key to pry open one half of the plastic clip and slide the other side of the strap in. Then clipped the strap to a tightened part.

20210716_132742-jpg.jpg

20210716_132814-jpg.jpg

Every strap has a clip to fasten it down. I think it will help flapping.

UPDATE (3):

Update:

I snapped the front to let down the top. A breeze except the snaps to hold it in place don't meet without undoing the front hooks, which in turn makes the front sag. But I just flipped it back without snapping and it's fine. Top goes down without a hitch and latches perfectly.

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 5.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 6.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 7.jpg
So with the soft top closed over the bimini, is the noise from the soft top less when driving? Does the bimini do any sound dampening? I know this is probably wishful thinking lol

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So with the soft top closed over the bimini, is the noise from the soft top less when driving? Does the bimini do any sound dampening? I know this is probably wishful thinking lol
Not noticeably. But let me say that the softtop isn't that loud.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seeing a mesh top installed, I'm glad we ordered it. Seems like you could keep it on for as long as there's no rain in the forecast for a more open-air feeling and keeping leaves/twigs/woodchippers out.

It's interesting that the mesh top isn't available on Build and Price now. It's been replaced by these interesting Bestop soft panels for the front at an outrageous $1,300. Maybe it has to be ordered through the accessory catalogue now.

Ford Bronco SUCCESS:  First Installed Bronco Bestop Bimini Sun Shade - Pics, Installation Notes, Impressions webpiss off

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's the part that makes me wish it were easier to remove. We live in the foothills of the Smoky's so there's lots to see. The kids like watching the stars when we drive at night. You can see through the mesh, but it does hamper visibility significantly.
Yeah the Smoky's are the foothills compared to the Rockies.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As for the bracket, it is the difference between the hard and soft tops. Not sure why there were no instructions for us softtop folks. Unless they assumed we would use the "top up, windows out" option as a built-in sunshade.
Soft top people with a Bimini.

hat_fail-jpg.jpg

:p

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome, how about a side shot with those new Toyos. 😀

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Soft top people with a Bimini.

Ford Bronco SUCCESS:  First Installed Bronco Bestop Bimini Sun Shade - Pics, Installation Notes, Impressions hat_fail-

:p
I get the joke... ;) But for $80 net after my reward points, I can get a good bit of sun protection without the complete blackout of the soft top. Plus, I can leave the rear windows in and fold the top halfway, thus keeping the functionality of a quick close during a popup shower. I live in Tennessee...the saying is, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute, it will change."

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing info on this, OP. I ordered one and plan to use this a lot when the weather is good. I found one for $246 (with shipping and tax) on this site: Genuine OEM Ford Parts & Accessories | Varsity Ford (varsityfordparts.com)

I have one question... is it possible to partially open it and roll it back some? Like just open it above the front row but not above the second row?

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for sharing info on this, OP. I ordered one and plan to use this a lot when the weather is good. I found one for $246 (with shipping and tax) on this site: Genuine OEM Ford Parts & Accessories | Varsity Ford (varsityfordparts.com)

I have one question... is it possible to partially open it and roll it back some? Like just open it above the front row but not above the second row?
I'll play with it and see. But it's designed to stay in place for the most part.

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The tires fit great! Like they were meant for it. I have a 4wp level kit waiting on a friend to help install. I'll update.
Take photos and or video of the install . That would be helpful to a lot of people.
Thank you.

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I get mine just south of Chattanooga you going to come down from McMinnville and show me all the ropes?

Looks great. I want the open air without the harsh sunlight all the time.

Does it have to be removed to reinstall a hard top?

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I get mine just south of Chattanooga you going to come down from McMinnville and show me all the ropes?

Looks great. I want the open air without the harsh sunlight all the time.

Does it have to be removed to reinstall a hard top?
It doesn't have to be removed, but the front section has to be folded back. 1 minute max.
Sponsored