Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you noticed if the straps have caused any wear on the paint on the roll bar yet?

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you noticed if the straps have caused any wear on the paint on the roll bar yet?
They have not. I currently have it odd because my kids begged to be able to see the sky. You can't tell it was ever on there.

RatBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ TTUE, 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the pics OP. It definitely made my life a little easier.

I just installed mine on a 4-door soft top that was factory prepped for the hard top. I only noticed one difference in the installation. Where the middle cross bar mounts I already had a plate and bolt in place, which I assume is for the hard top if I ever decide to get one. This means I didn't have to use the bolt and space that came with the kit.

In addition, I tried to mount the rear strap between the speaker and the roll bar like the instructions suggested. The speaker actually has a little spacer on the back side where the bolt goes through to offset the speaker box from the roll bar slightly. It would've made an ideal place to put the strap because it would be allowed to rotate a little which would help it lay flat. Unfortunately, the diameter of the grommet that they used is smaller than the little spacer and did not fit. However there is an alignment tab on the speaker as well. It seemed to be an integrated part of the spacer and was medal so I used that.

Thanks again!

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the Bestop Bimini top literally two days ago through my dealer. They said yesterday it was backordered, then later that day IT ARRIVED! Below is installation/thoughts:

INSTALLATION:

The directions scared me because they only mentioned a hard top, despite the Accessories catalog saying it fit both. But with a little common sense it's not an issue.

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 1.jpg

In the instructions, this bracket goes on the current hardtop bracket. But, alas, the softop bracket is farther back and different in design. But there is a pre-threaded hole for the bolt in exactly the right place. Crisis averted.

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 2.jpg

Not sure if you can make it out, but I screwed the back straps to the outside of the speaker bolt. The instructions say to attach it on the inside, but I didn't like the fit. It seems to be designed to go the way I did it. Win for me!

END RESULT:

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 3.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 4.jpg

THOUGHTS:

I had expected it to be easier to take on/off. Apparently, at least one bracket will need to be loosened and a the back straps unlooped from the buckles. 5 minutes maybe?

The front clasps have to be undone and the front part of the Bimini buttoned to itself to shut the top. I'll let you know the ease of that...

UPDATE:

So a trip to town later...

There is a good bit more wind noise at 60 mph, but livable.

Hey, those plastic clips that weren't in the instructions... apparently they are used to keep the extra cord from flapping everywhere. Who knew?

Flapping of the shade is minimal. I wouldn't enjoy the interstate with it on I imagine. But the highway was ok.

It did a good job of cutting down on the sun. Overall did what I hoped in that regard.

UPDATE (2):

The clips went on easier than I thought. I used a key to pry open one half of the plastic clip and slide the other side of the strap in. Then clipped the strap to a tightened part.

20210716_132742-jpg.jpg

20210716_132814-jpg.jpg

Every strap has a clip to fasten it down. I think it will help flapping.

UPDATE (3):

Update:

I snapped the front to let down the top. A breeze except the snaps to hold it in place don't meet without undoing the front hooks, which in turn makes the front sag. But I just flipped it back without snapping and it's fine. Top goes down without a hitch and latches perfectly.

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 5.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 6.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 7.jpg
Do you find these 2 hard to clip?
Ford Bronco SUCCESS:  First Installed Bronco Bestop Bimini Sun Shade - Pics, Installation Notes, Impressions Inked2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 5

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you find these 2 hard to clip?
Ford Bronco SUCCESS:  First Installed Bronco Bestop Bimini Sun Shade - Pics, Installation Notes, Impressions Inked2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 5
Sort of... that's kind of the point--those need to be hard to clip for the whole thing to be tight.

I got the hang of it though.

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
An interesting update:

I removed the sunshade over the winter, and when I went to reinstall it, I was missing this piece on one end of the support bar:
Ford Bronco SUCCESS:  First Installed Bronco Bestop Bimini Sun Shade - Pics, Installation Notes, Impressions 20220523_154731 (1)

I called, they couldn't identify the part (it's not in the supply list of the instructions), so they told me to send an email with pictures. I did, waited a few weeks, and got no response other than an automated one.

Well...fast forward to today. I call again, they put me on hold, then get back on and tell me THEY ARE SENDING ME A WHOLE NEW SUNSHADE! UNDER WARRANTY! All I wanted was a little plastic piece, but...I'll take it.

So...despite the long wait for a response, it turns out Bestop stands behind their products. And this is with the lady even telling me that this is technically a Ford part, manufactured by Bestop, so they are sending a Bestop equivalent. Sound like they could have hidden behind "this is a Ford part" and given me the runaround. But they didn't.
Sponsored