First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you find that the top plate in your first picture angles back slightly when you tighten the straps in the back? The plates didn't insert into the middle support bar very far so I wasn't sure if you had the same experience.
I remember having to mess with that bar a good bit to get it to fit right.
Sponsored

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I threw one this past Sunday. To say the instructions sucked would be an understatement. Says install time of 30 minutes and it took me an hour because directions were so bad. Next one will be 30 minutes and would put most of it together on the ground, especially the loose end retainer clips. Hate how the back outer straps attach to the lower speaker bolts.
I secured the straps to the outside of speaker bolts rather than underneath the speakers. Did you do that?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I secured the straps to the outside of speaker bolts rather than underneath the speakers. Did you do that?
I did the inside. Saw the TFL video and BT put them on the outside as well. Again, the instructions are trash, appear to be written and illustrated by a 3rd grader. If it’s supposed to go on the outside that’s fine. If not, the brass ring is undersized and deforms on the speaker stem.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered the Bestop Bimini top literally two days ago through my dealer. They said yesterday it was backordered, then later that day IT ARRIVED! Below is installation/thoughts:

INSTALLATION:

The directions scared me because they only mentioned a hard top, despite the Accessories catalog saying it fit both. But with a little common sense it's not an issue.

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 1.jpg

In the instructions, this bracket goes on the current hardtop bracket. But, alas, the softop bracket is farther back and different in design. But there is a pre-threaded hole for the bolt in exactly the right place. Crisis averted.

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 2.jpg

Not sure if you can make it out, but I screwed the back straps to the outside of the speaker bolt. The instructions say to attach it on the inside, but I didn't like the fit. It seems to be designed to go the way I did it. Win for me!

END RESULT:

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 3.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 4.jpg

THOUGHTS:

I had expected it to be easier to take on/off. Apparently, at least one bracket will need to be loosened and a the back straps unlooped from the buckles. 5 minutes maybe?

The front clasps have to be undone and the front part of the Bimini buttoned to itself to shut the top. I'll let you know the ease of that...

UPDATE:

So a trip to town later...

There is a good bit more wind noise at 60 mph, but livable.

Hey, those plastic clips that weren't in the instructions... apparently they are used to keep the extra cord from flapping everywhere. Who knew?

Flapping of the shade is minimal. I wouldn't enjoy the interstate with it on I imagine. But the highway was ok.

It did a good job of cutting down on the sun. Overall did what I hoped in that regard.

UPDATE (2):

The clips went on easier than I thought. I used a key to pry open one half of the plastic clip and slide the other side of the strap in. Then clipped the strap to a tightened part.

20210716_132742-jpg.jpg

20210716_132814-jpg.jpg

Every strap has a clip to fasten it down. I think it will help flapping.

UPDATE (3):

Update:

I snapped the front to let down the top. A breeze except the snaps to hold it in place don't meet without undoing the front hooks, which in turn makes the front sag. But I just flipped it back without snapping and it's fine. Top goes down without a hitch and latches perfectly.

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 5.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 6.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco Installed Bestop Bimini Sun Shade 7.jpg
Can we get a pic from the side with the top on? Curious how the back window looks. If it’s wavy or not. Thanks

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can we get a pic from the side with the top on? Curious how the back window looks. If it’s wavy or not. Thanks
I mean, I guess... my soft top looks just like everyone else's. The bimini doesn't change anything about wavy windows.

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean, I guess... my soft top looks just like everyone else's. The bimini doesn't change anything about wavy windows.
In the TFL video, his windows look like they’re more taught. No waves. So that’s why I was curious if you had the same results. Unless yours is different than that one?

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is the outside of the speaker bolts? Are you talking about the two bolts that the instructions say to loosen?

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What is the outside of the speaker bolts? Are you talking about the two bolts that the instructions say to loosen?
Yes. My reading of the instructions were that the strap went between the speaker and the roll bar. I attached it between the bolt head and the speaker. It seemed to fit better.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have to look at these, not sold so far. Really don't like that there seems to be a cross bar behind the driver's seat? That would be a no for me.

I'll just wait and see how much the full sun bothers me, on really hot days I'd have the roof closed anyways, but some protection is probably nice even on non furnace days. Want to see the options in person before spending time and $ though. Thanks for the report and photos, helpful in my decision making!

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now that you've had it a while, any bird bombs and how was the aftermath?
I have not had any yet knock on wood.

My kids have complained about it because they want an unobstructed view of the sky at night. They talked me into taking it "off," i.e., undoing the velcro at the center pole and rolling it up. It fits well on top of the back roll bar between it and the top.
Ford Bronco SUCCESS:  First Installed Bronco Bestop Bimini Sun Shade - Pics, Installation Notes, Impressions 20210831_120325

I left the center support pole in place. It isn't bothersome.

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
East Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/ 1998 Honda C-RV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered the Bestop Bimini top literally two days ago through my dealer. They said yesterday it was backordered, then later that day IT ARRIVED! Below is installation/thoughts:

INSTALLATION:

The directions scared me because they only mentioned a hard top, despite the Accessories catalog saying it fit both. But with a little common sense it's not an issue.

Ford Bronco SUCCESS:  First Installed Bronco Bestop Bimini Sun Shade - Pics, Installation Notes, Impressions 20210831_120325

In the instructions, this bracket goes on the current hardtop bracket. But, alas, the softop bracket is farther back and different in design. But there is a pre-threaded hole for the bolt in exactly the right place. Crisis averted.

Not sure if you can make it out, but I screwed the back straps to the outside of the speaker bolt. The instructions say to attach it on the inside, but I didn't like the fit. It seems to be designed to go the way I did it. Win for me!

END RESULT:

THOUGHTS:

I had expected it to be easier to take on/off. Apparently, at least one bracket will need to be loosened and a the back straps unlooped from the buckles. 5 minutes maybe?

The front clasps have to be undone and the front part of the Bimini buttoned to itself to shut the top. I'll let you know the ease of that...

UPDATE:

So a trip to town later...

There is a good bit more wind noise at 60 mph, but livable.

Hey, those plastic clips that weren't in the instructions... apparently they are used to keep the extra cord from flapping everywhere. Who knew?

Flapping of the shade is minimal. I wouldn't enjoy the interstate with it on I imagine. But the highway was ok.

It did a good job of cutting down on the sun. Overall did what I hoped in that regard.

UPDATE (2):

The clips went on easier than I thought. I used a key to pry open one half of the plastic clip and slide the other side of the strap in. Then clipped the strap to a tightened part.

Every strap has a clip to fasten it down. I think it will help flapping.

UPDATE (3):

Update:

I snapped the front to let down the top. A breeze except the snaps to hold it in place don't meet without undoing the front hooks, which in turn makes the front sag. But I just flipped it back without snapping and it's fine. Top goes down without a hitch and latches perfectly.

Is there a bar in the middle of the Bimini top?
Sponsored