First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
google
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Noticed it first time I went off-roading with my new Bronco, but decided it must have been my foot hitting gas and brake pedal at same time. Took a difficult trail yesterday and am near certain that when I experienced it (2wice), my foot was only on the brake, or over brake. Odd sensation as your moving slowly, then you feel the truck accelerate by itself. Could be issue. Curious if anyone else with Wildtrac has experienced? AND JUST TO AVOID THE NEWBIE SCOLDS, I've 30 years of off-roading experience so no rookie issue here.

Back-up camera issue previously sited still constant. Oil change on Friday and hope the dealer has a sw fix.

Finally, not sure the correct tire fitment on OEM Sasquatch. Left some serious scrapes on my pristine black rims, while jeep partner had none. Thinking wider tire to protect rim. Battle scars are inevitable (this was a challenging trail in Rockies), but it's pretty lame to see the scraping done that would not typically impact rim.

Otherwise, STOUT vehicle, definitely more rock crawler than given credit by some with f/r lockers working to perfection. Crab crawl around a turn with tight trees was awesome.
Sponsored

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I only ask because these modern motors (on other vehicles at least) will bump up the throttle if you are braking against the motor without using the clutch. This is the truck trying not to stall. Just a thought.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trail control or One-pedal-drive on?

Sponsored

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

gmoney

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4-DR Bronco - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored
OP
OP
SeldomSeen

SeldomSeen

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
google
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
was going to say it is the auto shifting. I am pretty sure you can avoid this by going into manual mode where you decide when to shift.
Interesting, glad to have my experience validated. If it's just a gear shift, guess that's unavoidable. Could be bad though it it launched you over cliff or into a tree!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you are between gears 1 and 2 or 2 and 3... the trans is either shifting up for down BUT given that you could be in precarious position during the shifts .. it feels like a sudden jolt or acceleration.

Put in manual mode and it should not do this unless you are really giving a lot gas on a steep incline and the ECU will shift to protect the trans.

Interesting, glad to have my experience validated. If it's just a gear shift, guess that's unavoidable. Could be bad though it it launched you over cliff or into a tree!

Last edited:
Reactions: jxc

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond